ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 15th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #1
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Neat gloves

This past weekend, we were at the Columbia outdoor clothing store and saw their line of "omniheat" stuff. Neat... jackets, hats and gloves that are lined with reflective mylar inside. The mylar has a mesh over the top of it to keep it from directly contacting your skin (ie sweat would make it stick to you). The wife bought a pair of gloves and said they were great. The leather palms kept the wind out, the only complaint she had was around the back of her thumb was a little air leak. These gloves are much much thinner than my a* gloves that I'm happy with. Might be worth a look for some of your cold weather guys.

Columbia Gloves

Old October 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #2
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Only problem is that they offer ZERO protection..
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R, 2008 Ninja 250R (sold)

Interesting choice. They seem pretty cool. But like ^ said, they don't offer any protection in the event of a crash.

I just picked up these cold-weather gloves from CycleGear... I have to say, they're pretty awesome. They've kept my hands toasty on a 35 degree ride the other day, and once they're broken in they're very comfortable. Plus they look cool. (and they're on sale through october half off)

The only problem is they seem to run 1 size small... so order a size up if you get em.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ves/web1008621
Fappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #4
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

You guys are right, no abrasion protection in a crash. My hand is considerably larger than hers, so she did slip on a pair of leather gauntlet gloves I have, but said the double gloving was too stiff to get her hand around the grip.

Old October 15th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #5
rabies
time is running out....

Name: jesse

Motorcycle(s): pregen ninjari

i had some fancy expensive hatch range shooting gloves. crashed.. no tear in the gloves..sweet...took the glove off..my hand was raw and bloody..
hard knuckle gloves are usualy teh way to go. people land knuckles down alot if not palms down