ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old August 25th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #361
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Thanks..I have to hit the sack but if it hasn't been explained tonight I will get it and the sources in the AM for ya.

I got the decals from Tri (modmy250.com) He made them special for me but I am sure he can cook up some for you as well. If he doesn't have the measurements I'm sure I do in our e-mail traffic.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 25th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #362
SES2009
ninjette.org member

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Incase anyone wants a little info on adjusting rearsets here is a video, it also covers what to loctite...

i tried to embed the video but failed....

Link to original page on YouTube.

Also incase anyone was wondering the weight savings... We actually gained weight

Stock rearsets weigh 725 grams

New rearsets weigh 1014 grams

Last futzed with by Alex; August 25th, 2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: fixed
SES2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 06:07 AM   #363
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
so whats up w the sensor thats on there now? it doesnt work w the rearsets?
anyone wanna do a video DIY for these? pref someone who knows about the brake light sensor.
basically the stock brake sensor is a physical switch. look at it on your bike, there is a spring that stretchs and pulls the sensor when you step on the rear brake. with the rearsets, the spring is too long so you will have to shorten it some how and also find somewhere to mount it on the brake lever so that it actually works. easiest way is to buy a sensor like the one in my previous post a couple pages back. it's a pressure switch, so when it senses the brake pressure increasing the brake light, lights up. the sensor is a threaded bolt and replaces the bolt on the top of the rear master cylinder. after tightly putting the sensor in, you just splice the wires together and that's it.

i believe dennis sells these sensors too, so you can start up another GB.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #364
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
i believe dennis sells these sensors too, so you can start up another GB.
okay who wants in??? gb on pressure switch:
1. shaol1n monk

Old August 26th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #365
DarC
DUCEATR

Quote:
okay who wants in??? gb on pressure switch:
1. shaol1n monk
2. DarC
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.

Old August 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #366
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

If it under $10 count me in! If its not then I could care less about the brake light lol

Old August 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #367
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
If it under $10 count me in! If its not then I could care less about the brake light lol
+1

So... We're maybe on the list?
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #368
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

okay, dennis said sensors sell for $17. hes going to be at the track this weekend so he cant do anythng yet. if we get enuff people on a list for these by monday or tuesday maybe we can get him down a few bucks.

who wants in? i know i want my rear brake light to work. if this was a track bike i wouldnt care but i ride in the city alot.

1. shaol1n monk
2. DarC

Old August 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #369
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
okay, dennis said sensors sell for $17. hes going to be at the track this weekend so he cant do anythng yet. if we get enuff people on a list for these by monday or tuesday maybe we can get him down a few bucks.

who wants in? i know i want my rear brake light to work. if this was a track bike i wouldnt care but i ride in the city alot.

1. shaol1n monk
2. DarC
How easy is the install? For now count me in!

1. shaol1n monk
2. DarC
3. Trailerboy531

Old August 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #370
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

this is a DIY for sato rearsets which is what our essentially are.
only correction is that the spacer goes on the PEG SIDE (should be there on ur sets the way they are shipped) not on the otherside like he has in pics.

he also doesnt go into alot of detail for brake sensor install so if someone has done this and wants to comment and explain whats invlved itd be appreciated

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14945

Old August 26th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #371
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

in that link that explains the sato rearsets they had a spring installed to the brakes as well, is that something we need to add to our sets as well?
eds2fitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #372
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

they used the stock spring so we have it if needed. i havent done mine yet. prob do sunday during hurricane

Old August 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #373
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

Wow these things suck! The brake pedal hits my exhaust at the high point and doesn't travel far enough before hitting the fairing to be useful. Even with spacers. I guess I'm going to have to use the spacers from the other side too? I'll deal with it later...

How is everyone else doing?
Felipe the Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #374
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
they used the stock spring so we have it if needed. i havent done mine yet. prob do sunday during hurricane
It says that he purchased the spring for $8... Which spring are u talkin about?

Old August 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #375
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
Wow these things suck! The brake pedal hits my exhaust at the high point and doesn't travel far enough before hitting the fairing to be useful. Even with spacers. I guess I'm going to have to use the spacers from the other side too? I'll deal with it later...

How is everyone else doing?
We discussed this possible issue with the exhaust earlier. You should be able to move the mid pipe back enough to make some clearance room. Mine hits my fairing slightly too but depresses far enough to give me good braking. I only used the large spacer on that side. Depending on how high you mounted the brake lever to the master cylinder you can alter the angle of the brake pedal to make yourself some more room.

Old August 26th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #376
DarC
DUCEATR

1st: Adjust exhaust back a bit.

2nd: Adjust brake pedal up using stud on master cylinder.

3rd: If still touching fairing when depressed: Add a couple of washers between fairing and frame and bolt back together.

My rear sets fit awesome and I have no question that you would have the same issues with other rear sets.

My favorite part so far besides the looks? Shifting is improved two-fold. Awesome! The better position on the bike doesn't hurt either but I don't notice it too much as I used to ride with the tips of my toes on the stockers.

Old August 26th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #377
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

I don't have a midpipe to adjust. The pedal is already as close to the exhaust as i can get it, i even had to take the heatshield off for more room. I'll take a picture

Felipe the Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #378
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

looks like your gonna have to get a hammer and put a slight dent in your exhaust. read a few posts back where they talk about this.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #379
DarC
DUCEATR

I agree. A dimple in the exhaust won't look horrible and won't hurt performance.

Another possible option is to try and space out the exhaust pipe a bit with a few washers between the frame and the mounting tab. That may get you clear on the inside. You may also have to space out the body work as well..

I have the stock heatshield in place and their was some touching but after I moved things around a bit it was all clear.

Old August 27th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #380
TheMojoRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Ninja

Motorcycle(s): Ninja!

Got mine earlier this week but haven't even opened them due to work. Had the opportunity to do some more work on my Ninja! and installing the rearsets was on my check list. Little did I know that the pegs are missing from the set Dennis sent me. I'll be emailing Dennis.

On this page of the thread, you see the pictures showing pegs all nicely wrapped with the brake side. Here are the pictures from that page showing it:

I purposefully have not open the shrink wrap on the brake side to show the pegs are indeed missing. The last image shows everything I received. Hopefully

Since that picture, I've replaced the OEM screws that holds the rearset onto the frame with the pair that comes with the rearsets. Honestly, disappointed that they came without the pegs. Also, preliminary evaluation is there seems to be a bit too much slack in the whole shifting (compare to Satos that I used to have on another bike). But I have yet tighten everything up so the jury is out.

Thought you guys might like to know just in case you receive your rearsets without pegs.
TheMojoRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #381
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Wtf
Posted via Mobile Device
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #382
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

this brake issue is still bothering me, ive already contacted dennis regarding the pressure sensor now im also wondering if any of you guys did this return spring on the mc:

Old August 27th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #383
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds2fitty View Post
this brake issue is still bothering me, ive already contacted dennis regarding the pressure sensor now im also wondering if any of you guys did this return spring on the mc:

i contacted dennis about a possible group buy for the sensor, hes supposed to get back to me monday. if anyone else wants one jump on the list posted in thread above

Old August 27th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #384
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

o and im prob gonna do the spring thing when i mount my rearsets after the hurricane

Old August 28th, 2011, 01:52 AM   #385
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
o and im prob gonna do the spring thing when i mount my rearsets after the hurricane
Where can we buy the spring?

Old August 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #386
adri99an
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
Wut he said for me as well
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #387
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds2fitty View Post
Where can we buy the spring?
i havent looked at mine yet but the sato DIY here on the forum says we can reuse the stock spring

Old August 28th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #388
DarC
DUCEATR

the stock long coil with two hooks spring?

Old August 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #389
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarC View Post
the stock long coil with two hooks spring?
i havent done mine yet so im not sure, i know in the sato DIY it says we can reuse the stock spring for the mastr cylinder brake return.
i'll prob do mine monday or tuesday cuz the "hurricane" has had it raining all weekend here

Old August 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #390
eds2fitty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
i havent done mine yet so im not sure, i know in the sato DIY it says we can reuse the stock spring for the mastr cylinder brake return.
i'll prob do mine monday or tuesday cuz the "hurricane" has had it raining all weekend here
i read the diy on that and it he said he purchased it for $8 but didn't say where... i wonder if its something we can easily find at a hardware store or something...

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #391
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

yea i just checked my bike out and theres no spring on the master cylinder at stock. do we NEED that spring?

any of u guys who already installed did you use a spring? if not do you have any brake lever return issues?

also, to those who installed and noy using the spring brake sensor, what did you do with that cable and assembly stuff? just leave it hanging? or remove completely?

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #392
DarC
DUCEATR

I haven't had any issues at all.I think the pressure is plenty to return the pedal, but I wouldn't trust it for long just because. I will check ACE hardware tomorrow and see what I can find.

As far as the sensor I just zip tied it out of the way until I can get the pressure sensor.

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #393
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

zip tie was what i was thinking too till i get the sensor DarC.

yea we dont have a spring on the stock brake pedal so whats the difference that we would need one for the aftermarkets? i havent even tried installing mine yet so i dont know, but am i missing something?

Old August 28th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #394
DarC
DUCEATR

The originals used a long spring to return the pedal to rest. With the new sets there isn't a place to mount the old long spring so the small coil on the threaded rod would do the same job.

Old August 29th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #395
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

too lazy to read through this whole thread..who is dennis and how can i contact him to get these rear sets. their nice, and the price is great.

Old August 29th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #396
DarC
DUCEATR

http://www.bohemianracing.com/adjust...tpl&Itemid=169

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #397
Meltoff
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Blue)

I went to Home Depot and bought the spring you see on the master cylinder. As for the brake sensor I mounted the old bracket to the new rearset and it actually fits pretty well, unfortunately the spring isn't long enough to use the way I had it setup. So far I am really enjoying the new feel, I fit better on the bike now and the shifting feels much tighter. I have lost some of the feel on the rear brake however so I may cut that return spring down a little as it's pretty tight right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0100.jpg (38.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0101.jpg (44.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0099.jpg (47.1 KB, 7 views)
Meltoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #398
DarC
DUCEATR

I have to run so I can't post long:

I have the part number from ACE hardware for a conical compression srping, exactly like the DIY. I grabbed two and will put them both on for a stronger feel. I will post when I get back in an hour or so.

I also noticed diminished brake feel but I may need to re-bleed (still able to lock up brake) or fiddle with placement. I finally have them set where they are ergonomically perfect and equal.

Make sure you loctite the shift linkage bolt on....I forgot and founf out the hard way while cruising down the highway (now you know how I know) See the miracle save in the "what's in your trunk thread"

Old August 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #399
niKiStixx
ninjette.org member

Name: Nikki

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

stock rearsets

Any body wanting to sell me your stock rear sets, let me know. cracked my brake side on on a curb
niKiStixx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 29th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #400
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by niKiStixx View Post
Any body wanting to sell me your stock rear sets, let me know. cracked my brake side on on a curb
hopefully i will have time to install my new ones in the next couple days. if so mine will be for sale. they are in perfect condition, only thing i took off the curb feeler thingys from the pegs