Old April 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #41
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
Anyone take a scooter around twisties? It's pretty amazing! They have good acceleration and are really lightweight. I wave at everyone but I find scooters don't wave back either. I guess they need to keep their hand on their brake.
I honestly didn't know that! I thought they were just utilitarian and goofy looking. Maybe once I meet someone with a scooter who also knows how to ride something with a clutch I'll swap rides. It would be a learning experience to ride a scooter in twisites. I still wont wave to a scooter rider if they aren't wearing gear. Gearless motorcyclist for that matter too
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #42
Jesse8931
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jesse

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
In a straight line or around turns? I'll still take the ninja.
both I sold my scooter to get the ninja tho.

The scooter was a 1994 elite 80cc whole mess of hop ups. it could do 80 but then it took for ever to get there.
Jesse8931 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #43
Scarmack
ninjette.org member

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I dont wave if you dont have a helmet.
Scarmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2011, 06:23 AM   #44
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

My neighbor rides a harley and normally if any of us get a new vehicle or we're outside doing something he'll come over and either help or just talk. Since I got my 250 he hasn't bothered to come talk . He's seen me go out for rides and hasn't made an attempt at riding with me. It could just be coincidence though. I've seen plenty of harley riders and waved at them all, none waved back, didn't hurt my feelings at all. If they are too egotistical to wave to a sport biker then I'm sure there not worthwhile people anyway .

Old April 11th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #45
Big John
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 1977 BMW R100/7, 2008 Ninja 250R

Maybe you are just doing it wrong

http://www.viewfromthecloud.com/2006...greetings.html

I don't wave all of the time. Most of my riding is in the HOV lane and/or in heavy traffic. Lots of people ride around here and it does seem to get a bit parade like if everyone is waving. I don't really want to spend half of my commute with one hand off of the handlebars when I am more concerned about someone, tired of waiting for traffic, deciding to cut into the HOV. I always wonder if there are riders thinking BMW riders are jerks for not waving.
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #46
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
nice link. pretty true in regard to the brand/type/gear loyalty. it seems in my area, noone greets on the highway/hov... only low-speed open-centered smallish roads. (small compared to the rest of california roads) however I have had to stop on the side before to make some repairs and was checked on by a no-gear harley rider... who would have thought!

Old April 11th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #47
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE- SOLD to maverick9611

All I can think of when I see this thread is Kelly saying "butt hurt"

That's a funny link, I almost always wave (the big one) or when I don't feel comfortable leaving the bars I throw the two-finger flip.

I've got a big wave from some kind of cruiser today, (I saw him riding multiple times last year), I waved back at the last second as I was negotiating a turn.

Old April 11th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #48
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

I don't know if anyone else does, but I often wave to cars that either let me go first or more importantly do not pull in front of me when I am in the road as they are entering from a side street. I throw a nice wave as if to say "Hey thanks for seeing me and not wrecking me, I appreciate it!"

Old April 11th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #49
kkim

some hand signals you might not be familiar with...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14996&

and some that you might...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51496&

thanks, Sam
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #50
jmgrande
YEAH! Custom name tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
some hand signals you might not be familiar with...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14996&

and some that you might...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51496&

thanks, Sam
Both must read links.
The first is hilarious and the second is a really good read...it's current my 2am bedtime story.

Old April 12th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #51
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

I wave to everyone unless the conditions don't allow or we are on the highway/beltway. I have had 3 HD's and some friends of friends (acquaintances) who ride were funny... some would ask me if I was bringing my Street Glide or "that dirt bike thing" (my Yamaha supermoto), I just shook my head and laughed... I guess for some people the Supermoto didn't fit into the "look" they were going for.

Overall I have found that since my start of street riding in 1990 A LOT more people wave now than ever before but still many don't. As noted above maybe the person didn't see me or it wasn't a good time to take their hands off the bars or whatever. No need to take personal, so many reasons people don't, my wife for instance is a new rider still with only a year under her belt and I tell her not to wave, I will do that for our group, she needs to continue to practice and work on learning safe riding, not that social aspect for now.

All in all, I would have to say that most bikes of all types return my wave but the bikes that return my wave the least are HD's then BMW's.

Anyway...
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #52
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

My ride last night was much more enjoyable, I passed about 5 hd riders and a few sport bikers and they all waved back.

Old April 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #53
PsychoNinja
Ninja Dog

Name: Brady

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

All Motorcyclists in my area have waved back to me as I pass them, doesn't matter if they're on a sportbike, cruiser, or scooter!

Yeah, I'm just that awesome!