Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #41
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Oh gosh.... this is awkward! Lol. I am sorry you owned an Alero.
So how do you feel about a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am with the 3.4l V6?

Old March 14th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #42
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post

Well considering they have the same chassis and many other parts including the engine I think you can guess how I feel about them. Lol.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #43
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Well considering they have the same chassis and many other parts including the engine I think you can guess how I feel about them. Lol.
Hehehe, I was checking to see if you knew that.

Also remember that with both cars all the internal parts were merely GM parts bin stock that could also be found on cars like the Caviler at the time. In all honesty there's not really anything bad about the cars. I'm sorry that you don't like them. Apart from the typical GM wiring issues found in all brands of GM, these cars were actually really good. They are more of a jack-of-all-trades type of design where they have a good balance of comfort, performance, efficiency, reliability, and lower price tag to have made them extremely popular sellers. Yes, they didn't excel in any of these categories, but they were a good balance of them all at a decent price.

Getting back to the OP. I can't stand it when you have people with that sort of mentality guiding people to a more squid like decision. The modern day 600cc bikes are all designed to be super powerful street legal race bikes. Saying that you're fine to start on one of these monsters is almost like saying it's fine for a new driver to start in a NASCAR race car made legal for the streets. Both have more power than is needed or can even be used on the streets along with being extremely easy to make a simple nooby mistake and lose control possibly causing major damage or death. I agree with others that it looks just like a post we ninjetters would make but the the 1000 = 600 and the 600 = 250.

It may only be my opinion (that others on here probably also share) on this. But, I'm sorry, if you feel that the ninja 250 is too tame for the streets and are bored with it inside of a month, you should not be riding a motorcycle on the streets at all. I'm tired of these types of riders that feel they need a bike with 120+hp on a <400lb motorcycle on the streets in order for it to be "taken seriously" or "not be boring" and "have fun on" while doing all kinds of stupid and illegal things on the street. It's this sort of mentality that I feel is seriously hindering the motorcycle genre in the US. But again, this is just my personal opinion on the matter.

Old March 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #44
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc86 View Post
Sorry about that, here is a pic of my girl nekkid to get your mind back on track
Yay! All is good now
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #45
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Hehehe, I was checking to see if you knew that.

Also remember that with both cars all the internal parts were merely GM parts bin stock that could also be found on cars like the Caviler at the time. In all honesty there's not really anything bad about the cars. I'm sorry that you don't like them. Apart from the typical GM wiring issues found in all brands of GM, these cars were actually really good. They are more of a jack-of-all-trades type of design where they have a good balance of comfort, performance, efficiency, reliability, and lower price tag to have made them extremely popular sellers. Yes, they didn't excel in any of these categories, but they were a good balance of them all at a decent price.

Yeah they are just not my cup of tea. Haha. I am sure it is a good car that will do its job just fine. But I just don't like GM cars. Okay.. I like the Corvette ZR1 and Z06 but who doesn't. In general GM's just don't have a nice build quality or feel to them. Idk. Just my opinion. I like cars that make you feel attached too them while driving them. But I was spoiled growing up because my parents drove BMW's. Before that and during they had an 88 Toyota Camry when I was really little. That car was sweet. Haha.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #46
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc86 View Post
You know, that's really hurtful...I loved my Alero, it was always good to me.

...I've upgraded a couple times since then, here is my current car, hopefully you don't find it as appalling.

Thank you for that upgrade, you saved some respect lol

Old March 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #47
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Better driving a 2.6 gtr dett!

Old March 14th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #48
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Getting back to the OP . . . The modern day 600cc bikes are all designed to be super powerful street legal race bikes . . . [they] have more power than is needed or can even be used on the streets[.]
I disagree with these thoughts. I have already made it clear that I feel a 250 is the way to go for new riders, or at most another suitable lower displacement bike or one designed with new riders in mind (GS500, Ninja 500, Buell Blast, perhaps the Ninja 650 at the top of the list).

What I take issue with is the fact that you say you can not use all of the available power of a 600 on the street. While it is true that I could not redline all six gears on my ZX, I often rode in the 10K - redline range in first and second on a number of backroads. Sometimes I may have exceeded the speed limits, but I never once rode unsafe. I always slowed down and rode within my sight limits, regardless of how well I knew the road. That mentality served me well too, because there were numerous times on some of my favorite corners where I ran into sand or gravel or mud in my line.

So while you are correct in saying you can not use ALL the power ALL the time, to say you can NEVER use ALL of the power at ANY time, is false.

Quote:
I'm sorry, if you feel that the ninja 250 is too tame for the streets and are bored with it inside of a month, you should not be riding a motorcycle on the streets at all. I'm tired of these types of riders that feel they need a bike with 120+hp on a <400lb motorcycle on the streets in order for it to be "taken seriously" or "not be boring" and "have fun on" while doing all kinds of stupid and illegal things on the street.
I'll split the difference with you here. On the one hand, I agree with you in that if you can't have fun on ANY motorcycle, then it is most certainly an image thing and one who has those views should probably stop riding to spare their life and the lives of others as well.

On the flip side of that, I have conceded many times to current 250 riders on this very site that the 600 has the potential to be too fast for the streets when 250 riders think about "upgrading." I loved the 600 while I had it, but I feel it is better suited to a track. It doesn't mean that I think they should be banned from the streets. I LOVED riding my 600 every single time I took it out. Riding my ex-wife's TU yesterday made me really miss the precision of that bike. For the most part, I rode mine within reason, and whenever I started to get too carried away, I dialed it back. The only time a 600 or liter bike would be too much for the street is when its rider didn't ride within reason and lacks the ability to think of others on the road.

There was a BIG DISADVANTAGE of the 600 on the streets though. Outside of second gear, hell even at the top of second, you were starting to push triple digit speeds; I don't care how good a rider you are, those speeds on the street combined with all the unknown variables the street has, and you are asking for trouble. So, for riders who have no self control at all, a 600 or liter may not be the best choice. But again, the motorcycle will only go as fast as one wants it to and reserve power is nice to have.

I am sure for a large number of people, a 600 probably is too much bike for them and by extension, too much bike to have on the street. However, there are a large number of people who I imagine enjoy the power of the bike and like the way it looks while still rding reasonably for the streets. Just because it has 120 or so ponies doesn't mean they all need to be used all the time. The ONE thing I didn't like about my 600 was the fact that it was so easy to go fast and I barely had the maturity to contain myself. Again, though, I would never take the choice to own and ride a 600 on the street away from anyone.

Quote:
It's this sort of mentality that I feel is seriously hindering the motorcycle genre in the US. But again, this is just my personal opinion on the matter.
Fighting the mentality by, say, banning repli-racers does no one any good. I know that is not what you are saying, but it could be interpreted as such. I think the thing that hurts Americans perception of small displacement motorcycles the most are bikes like my ex-wife's TU250. I rode the hell out of that thing yesterday, and as much fun as I had, there simply was too little power out of that little single. The general public sees a bike like that and automatically associates all 250s as being slow and lacking power. And this being the home of good 'ole Detroit motors, a large majority of Americans prefer that power for straight roads as opposed to a balanced approach for the twisties.

I suspect as gas prices rise and smaller displacement motorcycles become more mainstream, this thought process may change. It won't happen overnight though. Hell, yesterday while riding the TU, some 20-ish year old yelled out of the window of his jacked up truck for me to get a real bike. The guy probably can't ride at all, yet he's trying to insult me. The joke is on him, of course, but he wouldn't take a minute to hear the virtues of small displacement motorcycles for the street.

Of course, I truly blame the manufacturers and the designs they give to the "lesser" bikes. So many people do start riding based on image alone, and that hurts sales of the smaller bikes, because until recently, the Ninja 250 looked horribly dated. Now, it's really picking up steam amongst newer riders. Once they actually get some miles under their belts, they can see just how much fun the small bikes are. I think Kawasaki dropped the ball by introducing the 650, when I feel the 500 was enough, but I guess they wanted to compete against the SV's of Suzuki. Though I commend Kawi on giving the 2012 650 the wonderfully clean lines they did. It looks more like a repli-racer, which is what sells, yet it is far more suited to the new rider than a supersport ever will be.

Old March 14th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #49
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I really think it's a matter of maturity and riding style more than anything. I know a guy who started with a Hayabusa but rides it like a grandma. The heavier weight and low-end torque make it a nice cruising bike provided you don't twist the throttle. I, on the other hand, take off with my 250 at every stoplight. It's a good thing that I only have the little power I do or I might get myself in serious trouble.

Whenever I get on the highway, I realize that a lot of times I could do with more power, especially being 6' tall and weighing more than 200 pounds. What people fail to realize is that there are a lot more choices than 600cc and 1000cc supersports. In fact, I think my next bike would probably be a Yamaha FZ6. It has a 600cc engine, but is tuned to be more rideable for the street; not to mention that it has a nice, comfortable seat.

But first, I'm going to ride the hell out of my 250.
Liist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #50
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

I wish the 650 was a 500.

After riding some supersports, I don't think I'd be able to keep it safe on the street. This is just me personally. I am not really an adrenaline rush type person, but I do find it too easy to get into illegal speed territory. However 90% of my riding is commuting so I don't really see the need for one.

I think squids make supersports look worse than they actually are. (Sorry, annoyed at recent outpouring of squids because it warmed up to the 70s here.)

Old March 14th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #51
sombo

xoulrath, might I ask that if you're going to quote me that you use the whole quote in the context it was written. Thank you.

The first part you quoted is missing a key part:

Quote:
Getting back to the OP. I can't stand it when you have people with that sort of mentality guiding people to a more squid like decision. The modern day 600cc bikes are all designed to be super powerful street legal race bikes. Saying that you're fine to start on one of these monsters is almost like saying it's fine for a new driver to start in a NASCAR race car made legal for the streets. Both have more power than is needed or can even be used on the streets along with being extremely easy to make a simple nooby mistake and lose control possibly causing major damage or death. I agree with others that it looks just like a post we ninjetters would make but the the 1000 = 600 and the 600 = 250.

This whole thread is based on the idea of encouraging brand new riders to start on race ready machines legal for street use. By cutting that part out my comment loses a good bit of it's meaning. Also when you say that you can reach 100+ in just second gear, that to me is just too much power and speed for the street. There is no need for that kind of power or speed anywhere but on a race track. It is simply my opinion that we as a society put too much focus on more and more power when it's not needed or safe to use.

I never mentioned or said anything about making them illegal or banning them. I'm not even sure how you got that from what I said, but whatever. I didn't say it this post but I think I mentioned it in a different thread agreeing with your point about most people's exposure to 250 street bikes. Many people are first exposed to the 250 cruisers used in the MSF and falsely believe that ALL 250's are the same.

Again, I never said anything about fighting the "bigger is better" and the "you need at least a 600+ bike" mentalities or banning anything. I only said that it is the mentalities like the one in the thread the OP linked and those that truly believe you need a 600cc+ to START on is one of the major causes for hurting the motorcycle sport in the US. There are far too many "ego" riders getting big bikes and then getting scared, hurt, or killed. Because of their actions, many non-riders see ALL riders as those types and treat any rider with disrespect. I am only saying that I am tired of the damage that these types of "ego" riders are doing to all motorcycle riders in the long run here in the US.

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #52
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

sombo, I quoted what I wanted to adress, which was you stating that no one needed that power, or more to the point, that no one could ever use that power on the street on a motorcycle. The race car analogy, while a good one for newer riders who might be more familiar with cars than bikes, was simply not needed for what I was addressing.

Your post stands on its own and me quoting it as I did to give my perspective as a former rider of a 600 who did use the power, even if it was resticted to second gear, does nothing to change the quality or meaning of your post.

I never said you mentioned banning the sale of the supersports, I said it could be inferred from your stance on them. You then again in your post responding to me quoting you, say you feel that the bikes belong on the track. While I certainly agree with the fact that they are better suited to the track, for a rider who knows what they are doing, they are great fun on the street and are perfectly safe. Safe for new riders? NO, and I have stated my position on this multiple times; I did not feel as though I needed to go over that position again, since I have mentioned twice in this thread my belief in starting small.

The problem I have with your logic is that you are basically saying since you don't feel the want for more power, no one else wants it either. And while I can certainly agree with the fact that we don't need 100+ HP bikes, we don't need 400+ HP cars either. Of course, there is more fuss over the bikes, because a young kid with a minimum wage job can afford a supersport regardless of skill; whereas typically people who can afford the sports and muscle cars have several years driving experience. Also, cars, even powerful ones, are generally more forgiving than SS bikes.

You had different priorites than I did when I still had the 600. Now, I too prefer smaller and/or slower bikes for the street but that is primarily because I don't fully trust myself not to get carried away every once in a while. It's already happened more than I care to admit. As I have evolved as a rider, I have found that I ride hard, so the "riding a slow bike fast" saying really holds water with me now. Because riding a fast bike fast will get you thrown in jail, which is not in my current ten year plan. Others, however, do have the self-control to ride supersports on the street and never get carried away. I don't have any problem with supersports ridden by more experienced riders being on the street.

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #53
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Because riding a fast bike fast will get you thrown in jail, which is not in my current ten year plan.
I want to meet folks who have that on their bucket list.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #54
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

That never occured to me Alex!'

It's going on my bucket list NOW!

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #55
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I want to meet folks who have that on their bucket list.
I would be scared to meet them. Though I meet some very squidly people. They give me a hard time because my bike is too "slow"

"At least I ride my bike"

is my response to them...

Old March 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #56
sombo

I'm sorry xoulrath you are still taking my views out of context. My first post that you quoted was 100% aimed at the idea that it's "OK" for new riders to get these bikes. The part you cut changes the meaning of that sentence and is very much a part of what I said. And by you then informing me that you were able to reach triple digits in just 2nd out 6 gears helps to prove my point. I didn't say anything about wanting or not wanting. I said it's not needed, nor are those 400-1000hp cars capable of 200+mph. We simple don't have a need for them.

However we still have people like that linked thread shows, that think you need that level of power in a bike. I don't have a problem with experienced riders getting those bikes as long as they behave. Problem is that more than half of the people that get them these days are not experienced nor do they behave. They turn the streets into street/stunt tracks and put themselves and others at risk. Seriously, ask yourself, do you really need to be able to do 100+, do you really need to go 0-60mph in 3secs, do you really need a vehicle designed for the track but made legal for the streets? Apparently the answer was no since you chose to downsize to a 250.

My point in the first place was 100% aimed at the mentality in the linked thread from the OP (who isn't you btw) about encouraging new riders to start "small" on a 600cc SS is bad for the motorcycle genre. It puts new riders at greater risk, and makes the public and lawmakers upset at all riders causing many to think we are all in that mentality.

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #57
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

I'm sorry but I find the people on that forum funny seeing how they are talking about "Go bigger or go home" when it comes to bikes but then they are driving riced out Civics that they believe is a high performance sports car because it has a "performance exhaust" and a spoiler that should require an airworthiness certificate.

Yeah I hate Hondas if you couldn't tell.

My favorite statement on that thread...
Quote:
Ive always been a beleiver that a 600cc is a great starter bike. if you are terrified, sure get a 250 until you learn...
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #58
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samual

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotgeorge747 View Post
I'm sorry but I find the people on that forum funny seeing how they are talking about "Go bigger or go home" when it comes to bikes but then they are driving riced out Civics that they believe is a high performance sports car because it has a "performance exhaust" and a spoiler that should require an airworthiness certificate.

Yeah I hate Hondas if you couldn't tell.

My favorite statement on that thread...
Don't let it get to you, people just like to act as if they're superior. I have people tell me things like that all the time. Your post reminded me once of a douche I knew who had a souped up honda who had asked when I was going to get a mans bike and berated me about my ninja. I looked at him, then pointed to my car (cts-v coupe) and asked him when he was going to get a mans car and to STFU, that I have been on litrebikes before and quite frankly I enjoy my ninja better because of the lightweight and maneuverability. I only weigh150 so the ninja is perfect for me. Its funny too because most people mistake it for a bigger bike. For the record, I also hate honda with just about every fiber of my being
lc86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #59
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

I love Honda

A Honda was passed down to me as a first car. My current bike is a Honda lol.

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #60
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

I'm not sure if this has been addressed... I had a 2005 Subaru WRX STi. The brake rotors on that thing were bigger than the wheels of some cars. It had 4 wheel drive, a built in roll cage, but could go from 0-60 mph in about 4 seconds. It had tremendous power, but would stop from 80 mph in 80 ft all day long with no fade. It stopped much faster, and was much safer than my 96 Honda Accord. It was a race car, but I honestly think it was a safer car, except for the ability to do insane speed in an insanely short amount of time.

I would say 600's are about the same. They handle better (though most people won't/can't set up the suspension properly). They have better tires than our starter bikes, they stop faster. They are very powerful though. I think the biggest problem is people get bikes that are physically too big for them. I love my 250 because it is just the right size. I love my fiance's 600 f4i, but it is physically too big for me. I feel uncomfortable and like I am going to wreck.

I don't understand the people who start on a 250, wreck it, then decide a 600 would be better suited to their needs. My fiance started on a 600. I have a friend who started on a CBR 1000. Both are very cautious drivers. In fact they are much more reserved on their big bikes than I am on my 250.

Anyone should have the right to purchase whatever vehicle they want. In America is is a privilege to hold a driver's license, so you should have the privilege of purchasing whatever ride you so choose. That doesn't mean I (or anyone else) will agree with your purchase. You should be able to drive as fast or slow as you choose, but you need to be willing to pay for the consequences of your decisions.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #61
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I love Honda

A Honda was passed down to me as a first car. My current bike is a Honda lol.
If it helps, I mostly mean the cars, I have nothing against their bikes (the repsol is especially nice). I do like how the honda 250 is fuel injected, but its just not nearly as sexy as the ninja. Thats why I split the difference and converted my ninja to EFI

Quote:
I don't understand the people who start on a 250, wreck it, then decide a 600 would be better suited to their needs. My fiance started on a 600. I have a friend who started on a CBR 1000. Both are very cautious drivers. In fact they are much more reserved on their big bikes than I am on my 250.
I hear that, my brother started on a YZF-1000, and he normally rides much more reserved than me. I like riding his bike, and it is nimble and easy to handle and a much smoother ride and the acceleration is amazing, but I still prefer my 250 overall for as much as I ride. Its much easier to handle, especially around town.

Quote:
Anyone should have the right to purchase whatever vehicle they want. In America is is a privilege to hold a driver's license, so you should have the privilege of purchasing whatever ride you so choose. That doesn't mean I (or anyone else) will agree with your purchase. You should be able to drive as fast or slow as you choose, but you need to be willing to pay for the consequences of your decisions.
Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself. I figure my next bike will be an 1199 Panigale which I will use to supplement the ninja. I was going to preorder one, but I am going to wait until my insurance rates become reasonable before I get one now since I can't justify paying more for insurance than the payment for the bike.

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #62
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

You use the Ecotrons EFI Kit?

After reading other issues, it sounds that it it still isn't up to par with OEM EFI.

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #63
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
You use the Ecotrons EFI Kit?

After reading other issues, it sounds that it it still isn't up to par with OEM EFI.
I can't comment on that since I've never ridden an EFI ninjette. Here is my setup http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ht=efi+install
I like it, I think it handles beautifully now and it feels much more responsive. The throttle is definitely smoother than before, and it feels much nicer to ride. I also switched to airpods and I am waiting on my new exhaust to arrive, so that will be next on the list. Hopefully carbon fiber everything will follow

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #64
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Oh nice!

I really just didn't have the time for all of that to get EFI. I settled for the CBR because I wanted a commuter. I did prefer the looks of my old Ninjette, but I am liking this bike a lot!.

Old March 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #65
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
Oh nice!

I really just didn't have the time for all of that to get EFI. I settled for the CBR because I wanted a commuter. I did prefer the looks of my old Ninjette, but I am liking this bike a lot!.
Fair enough. I remember when I first went to get a bike I was thinking Hayabusa, but my brother talked me out of it I compared the ninja and the cbr, and the ninja won out in the end because of its sexy look. Now after becoming so intimate with my girl (I've taken her apart so many times I've lost count.) I couldn't imagine having anything else. I'm at the point now though that I could convert to/from EFI to carbureted in under 3 hours. ( I once had to convert it back to carbs while waiting on parts, it took me 2 hours and 50 minutes from fully assembled w/EFI to completely assembled w/Carbs.)

Old March 15th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #66
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

After doing the same commute on both bikes I am happy with the new bike. There are a lot of bumps and the Ninja's suspension/and seat leaning into the tank does not leave a good impression on my j**k.

I do miss my Kawi lime green though. I love green a lot.

My mileage is a lot better too even when ridden hard. It is slower, but it really isn't that much slower.

At some point in the future when I have money I can imagine having another Ninjette.

Right now though, commuting is my #1 bike priority.