ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #41
tltb26
" T "

Name: Tina

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I researched a bit before I decided. I googled "best motorcycle alarm" and went from there.

I have a Cyclone 866F which I purchased from Freymoto ($199.99 plus I bought an extra remote for $24.99?). I had it professionally installed locally for $50. I am very happy with the product. Freymoto's customer service was outstanding. It is advertised to be the world's smallest motorcycle alarm, has a dual-axis tilt sensor, dual-stage shock sensor and an internal back-up battery plus many other features. I have heard louder alarms on other bikes but it is possible it was the way or where my alarm is installed has affected the output but I think it is sufficient.

In addition, my love is fully insured, Kryptonite Disc Lock & a Masterlock Cablelock w/a separate USGov Padlock. I have a large dog at home & 2 puppies in training.

My alarm is always armed & I carry the Kryptonite with me under my seat cowl if I know she will be out of my sight for more than 30 minutes.

My thoughts on deterrents is that, if they want it, they are going to work for it.

Old March 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #42
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

That's the other part. I want them to work at grabbing it. That said I'm not too concerned about it being stolen, but I don't want the students where I work fooling around on it in the parking lot which is why I went with the perimeter system. Now I just hope it works like it has for other people.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM   #43
ninjabadger
ninjette.org member

Name: Corey

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki 250R, 2008 Genuine Buddy 50

I just put up an install DIY and some first thoughts on the Scorpio i800 system. It's in the Newgen Tech forum
ninjabadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:52 AM   #44
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

I almost have my system done, but I'm not showing anyone, since it is on a Buell that's probably not much of a concern.

The newest Scorpio looks really nice but the $550 is a bit steep for the moment, lots of cool features though.

Old April 22nd, 2010, 09:25 PM   #45
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

i'm waiting on the new talon alarm.. ugh
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM   #46
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

I have the Gorilla on my ZX6R. The install was pretty straight forward. The hardest part was figuring out where to mount the alarm box itself. I did not have to remove my fairings in order to install it. I did drill a hole to install the red light. If you follow the directions, it will look very clean.

I've had zero problem with this alarm. It works like a charm, with no battery issues what so ever. It's not the most expensive alarm, and it doesn't' have an ignition kill, or flashing lights, but it does what it's supposed to do.

I also have a disc lock for what it's worth.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2010, 02:14 PM   #47
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

BTW, the Internatrix alarm seems to be decent enough for the money. The perimeter sensor works better than I though considering the amount of metal blocking it. The remote range is a little shorter than expected but what can you do when the lowest power of the antenna pattern points at you where it parks. I think it is worth the extra dollars, the flashing lights are cool and the siren loud enough even hidden in the bodywork to scare the poor sole standing too close.

Old April 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #48
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old April 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #49
joyinc
ninjette.org member

Name: Joyce

Motorcycle(s): black 2010 ninja250

i'm not thrilled with the choice i made... i have the gorilla 2way and the shock sensor seems to be permenently off, the alarm will sound but there are no warning chirps, which is really what i wanted the alarm for anyhow. the manual says i can even set it to 'warn away mode' only by hitting the arm button twice, but its not working. does anyone else with a gorilla have this problem?
joyinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #50
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

I have 3 working on 3 bikes now... without 1 problem. Sensors and all work well.... have you dinked with the button's enuff to actual set something that might be blocking you... just reset the control pad and start from scratch... disconnect the battery then reconnect should reset you to the very beginning. I've never had 1 problem with any of the gorilla's Im using right now. It does take some time to get used to the programming of the item and setting the sensor at just the right angle. I'm thinkin you may have set something that inferes with its operation... thus suggest the reset. Reading your inquiry I'm thinking its user error..... Seems you have bypassed the shock sensor (turned off)..as well as the warning chirps. Thoughts.... "you may want to take the bike to a cycle shop that sells these and have the service guy reset and show you how to program it"cuz I'll bet you its been inadvertantly changed in error. If I were still living in Ontario I'd show you myself.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #51
joyinc
ninjette.org member

i havent really been using the 2 way control pad at all just the keychain one. but i did mess with it quite a bit when we were installing it... but the manual says that once you disarm it everything goes back to normal?

so if you arm yours by hitting the arm button twice do you hear a chirp and a beep? all i get is the normal beep

Old May 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM   #52
addy126

Oh dear joy.... lol you are having trouble with the timing during the alarming of your functions. Now this would be a perfect time to do a U-tube on how to use the functions of your Gorilla alarm key fob... I had a small time on my 1st one getting the functions down because of the button contacting oddly. U just have to be diligent, move slowly thru the functions and clear out any previous functions. I screwed up my "warn away" the first time... redid the whole thing and everything was fine. Also be sure you have the "blue" wire stretched out through you fairing towards the front of the bike.. its your antenna wire and cannot be bound together with the other wires. Further be sure that you "paired" the key fob (control) with your alarm unit correctly... "do I have to get a seat on Air Canada and come up to straighten you out! " lol. Start from scratch, move thru the functions.. listen to the beeps and read carefully.... it will work. Trust me.
If I arm mine.. I press the key (locked key graphic) once upper left and it beeps "once".... it is armed.
If I press the right key (unlocked key graphic) once "upper right" and it beeps "twice"... it is unarmed.

The beep chirp when you press that key you speak of .. sets in into a "function" setting mode.... though you must hit the "F" button to start the function and changes ... lol.. you are almost there you just have to break it down slowly reading the manual. You are missing a step.

Hmmm maybe we should set up a teleconference call with you by the bike so I can talk you thru it lol... then see what step you are missing.

Old May 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM   #53
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

I found the buttons on my Internatrix to be funny, since they are multifunction you have to press them very briefly, if you hold them slightly too long you get the second function.

Old May 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM   #54
joyinc
ninjette.org member

haha! well i get it armed and disarmed ok, and the functions work as far as selecting the sensitivity and the alarm sound type... BUT i think i know whats wrong now from what you said. I had a buddy help me install the alarm who does wiring for cars and he bunched all the wires together with electrical tape... the blue wire is sticking out from the others at the end about an inch... so that will make a big difference? the remotes work, but they do seem like you have to aim them a certain way.

if that was the problem would the other functions still work? i havent bothered to reset anything yet cause its been rainy weather here, but i'm hoping it's more a reset thing, then a pull all the wires out kinda thing lol

Old May 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM   #55
joyinc
ninjette.org member

lol...maybe i should make a youtube vid to show you what it's doing

Old May 1st, 2010, 06:07 PM   #56
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Just pull out and extend the antenna wire, the rest can stay tied up to keep them out of the way.

Old May 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM   #57
joyinc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Just pull out and extend the antenna wire, the rest can stay tied up to keep them out of the way.
so that whole wire has to be out?

its out a little bit, and i am able to arm the bike, so something must be working right?

Old May 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM   #58
addy126

Hey Joyce.. yes the blue wire must be out to its fullest length. I ran mine down and under the frame towards the front on the right side of the bike. "cough cough".. if you/he read the instructions and the tab on the wire it says "the placement of the antenna wire is important for good reception. Make sure that the wire is extended straight and not wrapped around anything (frame, hose, etc.)." Your 2 way pager seems to have the antenna module. Storage of that should be a dry area and connected to the alarm unit with black 3pin plug. I'm certain the blue antenna wire must still be removed from that "bunching" of wires to lay out on its own. I'm sure the electrics even tho the wires are wrapped with insulation may play havoc with the antennas reception. It's working yes... but this may one of the reasons that you're having trouble getting the system to respond properly. You really do want that blue wire out from the others.

Old May 1st, 2010, 11:50 PM   #59
joyinc
ninjette.org member

oh crap!

i read that when we were installing it, but i just trusted the guy when he said it'd be fine...so you must have yours tied to something if its not bunched in with the others?

Old May 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM   #60
addy126

Just thread it thru so its a straight line towards the front then I just zip tie the end to whatever was there so it doesnt move. When are u gonna get it when they say "don't worry about it, its fine".... thats a red flag! Worry about it lol. (oh and just in case, don't lay it on any part of the hot engine, it will just melt away lol)

Old May 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #61
joyinc
ninjette.org member

thank you! lol... it was a friend of mine so i figured he knew what he was doing
Posted via Mobile Device