Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

Thread does not deliver.

Old March 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #42
lolibater
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R, 2011 Sprint GT

Sort of like the first company who messed it up.....

Old March 10th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #43
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolibater View Post
Sort of like the first company who messed it up.....
I hope you posted a review to BBB, Yelp, or Google to get the word out about their workmanship [at least for the clear bra!]. The difference between the first and second shop you went to is night and day! It really says something about the supervisor who says it's okay to send a car out looking like that...

Did you ever call 3M about the shop too? I really think it's something to consider, you could be saving people time who are following the exact same steps you did!

But.. More pictures of the ST! These teaser pics are worse than the teaser title!
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #44
lolibater

Oh yeah, I already called 3M, and they were like wow we should never have certified them. No ****!

I'll have to get some better pictures for you guys

Old March 11th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #45
drphils87
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250R more awesome SE

I wonder if they use same glue as for the window tint to put that on. That stuff takes forever to get off.
drphils87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #46
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drphils87 View Post
I wonder if they use same glue as for the window tint to put that on. That stuff takes forever to get off.
The "glue" is actually water with a bit of mild soap. And yeah, its the same stuff for tints.
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #47
drphils87
ninjette.org member

So they're basically using the same tint material and "soapy water" to tint head and tail lights with? Also, just out of curiousity, do you know if it's legal to have lights that are so tinted you can only tell if their headlights and brake lights are on by being close up or it being night? I see a lot of cars like this in Oklahoma adn was wondering how it is in other states. One day I almost ran into the back of an stopping pickup during with like 5% tint on the brake lights.

Old March 12th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #48
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
So they're basically using the same tint material and "soapy water" to tint head and tail lights with? Also, just out of curiousity, do you know if it's legal to have lights that are so tinted you can only tell if their headlights and brake lights are on by being close up or it being night? I see a lot of cars like this in Oklahoma adn was wondering how it is in other states. One day I almost ran into the back of an stopping pickup during with like 5% tint on the brake lights.
There are different ways to smoke your lights. Using window tint is one of them. Here in California, I believe the law states that your tail lights must be "red" and visible from 500 ft away. Whatever the law is in Oklahoma, I suggest you don't do it. Not only is it more dangerous for you and those who drive behind you, insurance companies will put you at fault if you get rear-ended because your tail lights are smoked. And I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would want to smoke their headlights...
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #49
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Quote:
I don't know what the law is in OK, here in CA the law is that you may not modify the lights on your vehicle.

Yeah, that means that HIDs are illegal unless they come that way from the factory.

It's also one of the most unenforced laws in the state, being enforced only when a cop gets bored or if you piss him off. THey don't seem to care about the lights that are so bright they blind oncoming drivers, putting everyone at risk, they don't seem to care about the headlights so purple you can barely see them, but if you piss them off, your properly installed and adjusted HIDs will get you in trouble.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #50
lolibater

Sounds about right for CA

Old March 13th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #51
drphils87
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
I don't know what the law is in OK, here in CA the law is that you may not modify the lights on your vehicle.

Yeah, that means that HIDs are illegal unless they come that way from the factory.

It's also one of the most unenforced laws in the state, being enforced only when a cop gets bored or if you piss him off. THey don't seem to care about the lights that are so bright they blind oncoming drivers, putting everyone at risk, they don't seem to care about the headlights so purple you can barely see them, but if you piss them off, your properly installed and adjusted HIDs will get you in trouble.
I read somewhere if you get an exhaust in California that isn't stock you have to have a sticker or something on there.

Old March 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #52
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Quote:
I read somewhere if you get an exhaust in California that isn't stock you have to have a sticker or something on there.
I'm not sure about the laws on the exhaust, I had heard that you could change the exhaust, but that almost all of the aftermarket exhaust systems were above the legal db limit.

Don't quote me on that one though, I've looked into the lights, but not the exhaust.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #53
drphils87
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
I'm not sure about the laws on the exhaust, I had heard that you could change the exhaust, but that almost all of the aftermarket exhaust systems were above the legal db limit.

Don't quote me on that one though, I've looked into the lights, but not the exhaust.
In Oklahoma you can't modify you exhaust at all. It has to be stock. Like you said, there is no way to enforce this rule. Especially with the common hobby of restoring cars over here. There's this one hypo that despises me. He has pulled me over three times for the most stupidest stuff including my supposedly too loud exhaust. The other issues are things I could go to court and win against, but who wants to go to court and mess with that? Not me. Fortunatly he just gives me warnings. He said he would issue a three hundred dollar citation if I didn't change back to stock within the month. I don't feel safe driving my 250 with the quiet stock exhaust and so I'm not going to take my jardine headers off. Instead I just figured out when this prick's shifts are and just drive my truck. Believe it or not I've had three people almost take me out in the first month after I got my bike when it still had the stock exhaust. Got my jardine exhaust, four months later, only happened once. I'm a pretty defensive driver too. I've got like three other reasons too (less important) why I won't do what that hypo said.