ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #41
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Im just glad I didnt take to much more donations or then I really would have been a dick. haha Im not trying to get rid of it for no reason. an SS would be just for fun but a SM would actually fit my needs a lot more. So im hoping I can pick one of those up.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #42
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

newest trade offer.

95 VR4 with 99 conversion...

Has some problems though. Ill see if its a straight trade, I may take it... Gotta talk to my mechanic first. If hes down, Im down.

Ill probably end up selling it though once its fixed and I enjoy it for a bit though...

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #43
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I'm keeping my ninjette till it dies yo! even then, I might have to do an engine swap because I love how simple and light and fun this is.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #44
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I'm keeping my ninjette till it dies yo! even then, I might have to do an engine swap because I love how simple and light and fun this is.
Same here. I tried killing mine but I just had to bring it back to life. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I got rid of Kiwi. She is my first bike and I love her. Haha.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #45
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
haha yeah that's what you get for putting her on the ground!! You gotta love her!!

jk I know that's one of those things you can't always prevent

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #46
Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

@choneofakind Oh but I could have prevented it. I just went to fast into a turn in the dark and it got out of my hands. I couldn't handle her.

I think I need a 50cc scooter. I need to work my way up to a big 250cc motorcycle.

Old April 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #47
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
hahahaha

Old April 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #48
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

ill honestly probably buy another if I trade for a car....

But im thinking I want a supermoto.. So I am not going to trade for anything less...

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #49
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I love teh kitteh picture in you ad
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #50
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

haha did you find it? I dont post it on here cause people like Kevin like to flag it! I post it on FB and he flagged it... DIIIIIIIIIIIIICK lol

Old April 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #51
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

sneaky-cat.jpg

Old April 10th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #52
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninjette

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
if you don't get that r6. i WILL cry, you know how much profit your making?

Not direct profit, but kinetic profit
Why is everyone flipping out over this SICK deal? I see R6's for around the same price as 250r's used all over craigslist... same with tons of sport bikes... the 250 is a bullshit expensive slow bike rofl. That's what drives me crazy tyring to buy one, is staring at all the AWESOME bikes I could also be buying, and having to willingly CHOOSE the 250r, for the same price...

It almost feels like going to Hertz rental car, and having your choice of any car, for the same rental price for the day... and seeing a dodge viper parked next to the HHR's and stuff... and picking the cheaper cars lol it's a frustrating aspect of the bike market for sure.

I wish dealers didn't mark up the 250r so hard... the bike isn't there for them to profit, its for them to get me to buy a 250 for cheap, then upgrade/ buy more bikes form them in the future. If I can't get out the door for less than $5500 on a $4k msrp 250cc bike, no way am I going to come back to you for a big expensive bike, even if you can cut me a deal on it... greedy bastards
Mulholland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #53
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland View Post
Why is everyone flipping out over this SICK deal? I see R6's for around the same price as 250r's used all over craigslist... same with tons of sport bikes... the 250 is a bullshit expensive slow bike rofl. That's what drives me crazy tyring to buy one, is staring at all the AWESOME bikes I could also be buying, and having to willingly CHOOSE the 250r, for the same price...

It almost feels like going to Hertz rental car, and having your choice of any car, for the same rental price for the day... and seeing a dodge viper parked next to the HHR's and stuff... and picking the cheaper cars lol it's a frustrating aspect of the bike market for sure.

I wish dealers didn't mark up the 250r so hard... the bike isn't there for them to profit, its for them to get me to buy a 250 for cheap, then upgrade/ buy more bikes form them in the future. If I can't get out the door for less than $5500 on a $4k msrp 250cc bike, no way am I going to come back to you for a big expensive bike, even if you can cut me a deal on it... greedy bastards
I don't know about everyone elses' location and dealer but I know my dealers sell the 250 for a good bit less than what yours are, which in turn, is about 1000-2000 less than most used super sports I've seen. You can't take your dealer screwing you over and generalize that for all 250s....and bullshit expensive slow bike? It's more than quick enough for the street. Used, it's usually around $3000-3500. Bullshit? It's one of the best bikes you can learn on. They're actually not that expensive used and if you're hung up on wanting to get a brand new bike, that's kinda on you.

Old April 10th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #54
nightmarechevy
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ZX6R

I put my 2012 up for $4100 to see what happens and I havent had much interest at all. I figured I would have some tire kickers that may make me a decent offer but I have only really had offers to pay the full price if I would finance. I have a few offers so we will see what pans out.

Oh and tell her ill trade her a 2012 for her r6, lol.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #55
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
I don't know about everyone elses' location and dealer but I know my dealers sell the 250 for a good bit less than what yours are, which in turn, is about 1000-2000 less than most used super sports I've seen. You can't take your dealer screwing you over and generalize that for all 250s....and bullshit expensive slow bike? It's more than quick enough for the street. Used, it's usually around $3000-3500. Bullshit? It's one of the best bikes you can learn on. They're actually not that expensive used and if you're hung up on wanting to get a brand new bike, that's kinda on you.

Do yourself a favor and look at used bikes in my area (DFW Tx). The dealership comment was just icing on the cake. I could literally buy a dozen 650r's at the same cost as a same year 250r, among various other bikes... the 250r's here are absurdly high. You're telling me that it isn't bullshit high pricing for a ninja 250r to cost the same as a 650r almost? Or even be within $1k new at the dealer because they will cut you a deal on a 650 where their margin is higher, but they gouge you on a 250 to turn a dime? I don't care how you spin it... that sucks. It's nothing against the 250r. MSRP is fair on the bike, but the used ones were new at MOST 4 years ago, so peopl still paying $5-6k for them locally mean the used market is high as well, with halfthe people financing them and still owing $2500+ on them lol

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #56
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

lol if no one buys it my buddy is gonna buy it for 4k

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #57
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
lol if no one buys it my buddy is gonna buy it for 4k
Tell him I'll sell him mine for $3750.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #58
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

haha naaaa

besides, we live in CA... lol

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #59
Ichiro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ichiro

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r(sold). 2013 Kymco Super8 150

Quote:
...the 250 is a bullshit expensive slow bike rofl. That's what drives me crazy tyring to buy one, is staring at all the AWESOME bikes I could also be buying, and having to willingly CHOOSE the 250r, for the same price......
I really don't get it.

If you think the 250 is a bullshit, expensive, slow, overpriced bike, why would you "willingly" choose to buy one? Just get one of the other AWESOME bikes you're referring to for the same price. If you insist on getting the 250 knowing all this, you are perpetuating the problem and encouraging the "greedy" dealers to keep their prices high because they know that they can sell them to people even though they know the bike is bullshit expensive, overpriced and slow. They will charge what the market will bear and if someone with your mindset would still buy one, you can bet they will keep the prices high.
Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #60
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and look at used bikes in my area (DFW Tx). The dealership comment was just icing on the cake. I could literally buy a dozen 650r's at the same cost as a same year 250r, among various other bikes... the 250r's here are absurdly high. You're telling me that it isn't bullshit high pricing for a ninja 250r to cost the same as a 650r almost? Or even be within $1k new at the dealer because they will cut you a deal on a 650 where their margin is higher, but they gouge you on a 250 to turn a dime? I don't care how you spin it... that sucks. It's nothing against the 250r. MSRP is fair on the bike, but the used ones were new at MOST 4 years ago, so peopl still paying $5-6k for them locally mean the used market is high as well, with halfthe people financing them and still owing $2500+ on them lol
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/2947221100.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/2927008172.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/mcy/2944101876.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/2933230722.html

Like I said man. Not that expensive. Your logic that because people are willing to pay $5-6k for them new, it must mean the used market is high, is flawed. I'm stationed in Oklahoma City and had actually planned on going down your way to buy a bike when I got back.

Edit: Not saying it's not bullshit that the dealer charges rediculous prices but they're the dealer. It's kind of expected. Go used and save yourself the hassle and some money.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #61
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
the 250 is a bullshit expensive slow bike rofl. That's what drives me crazy tyring to buy one, is staring at all the AWESOME bikes I could also be buying, and having to willingly CHOOSE the 250r, for the same price...
Last time I checked, a 250R is $4,449 msrp.
A ZX6R is $10,299 msrp.
A ZX10R is $13,999 msrp.
and even better than that, I got my 250 for $1600.

Darn those 250's for being so expensive!!!

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #62
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Quote:
Darn those 250's for being so expensive!!!
lol owned.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #63
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Context > you. Try to actually comprehend what I wrote instead of taking it out of context and making me sound foolish.

I said a used 650r costs the same as a used 250r, and that even new, the dealers all want around $5500 OTD price on the 250r's. The thread was started about what is locally to me, roughly a $4k bike, being offered for trade for the 250r which local to me, is roughly a $4k bike... and people were busting nuts over profit and what a sick deal it is and suspicious issues with the super expensive r6 being offered for trade...?

That was my point initially, with a brief asside that it is hard on someone shopping for their first bike to buy a 250r with the market being that way, when there seem to be much more awesome bikes for the same cash, even if you really want a 250r.

I love the 250r... don't be defensive *shrug*

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #64
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
well still, I got a used 250 for $1600. Many people can find used pregens in decent-good condition for under 2k. I have yet to find a 650R for less than 2k that hasn't been wrecked, or already at like 50k miles.

I found nothing else in remotely in the condition of my bike for $1,600.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #65
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
well still, I got a used 250 for $1600. Many people can find used pregens in decent-good condition for under 2k. I have yet to find a 650R for less than 2k that hasn't been wrecked, or already at like 50k miles.
a pregen isn't a 250r, so saying that is retarded and completely unrelated to the discussion or anything I said. More to the point of a pregen would be a 500r costing the same used as a 250.

Like it or not pregens and 08+ are completely different bikes and have different costs, not even close to the same thing.... also a "used pregen" is anywhere from 5-25 years old pretty much with god knows mileage... vs. discussing an 08+ which is at most 4-5 years old, and mileage is generally low.

If you look at craigslist for sport bikes $3-4k you'll get my point I guess, at least local to me. The entire point was, the thread is a bunch of people thinking the r6 for the 250r is an insane smoking deal, when really the guy trading the r6 could probably sell the 250r for just as much as he could sell his r6 if not more lol, that was my entire point. The further caveat on 250r prices being absurdly high was just a byproduct of the initial discussion.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #66
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

But....it's not? The 250 used in your area is around $3000, which is $1000 less than most of the R6s, around that year, in your area. Now the 650s are pretty similarly priced, depending on the year, though a good amount are up there.

It's not hard at all. $3000 gets you a great beginner bike. Just because $4000 gets you an r6, or in some cases, a 650, doesn't mean that's what you should automatically go for.

On a side note, I can't say that I'm going to complain about the Ninja 250 holding decent resale value. We're not defensive at all. You're the one who said it was a bullshit expensive slow bike. Just calling them as I see 'em...

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #67
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
a pregen isn't a 250r, so saying that is retarded and completely unrelated to the discussion or anything I said.
orly?

then why's my owner's manual say, "Ninja 250R Motorcycle OWNER'S MANUAL"?
http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/sho...2&lang_code=EN

Funny, my bike is a 1999 Kawasaki ex250R-F13. Didn't realize that made it inferior because it isn't commonly referred to with an "R" at the end of its name

There are great pregens out there. Mine had 6300 miles, got all its service (and had receipts), and was in 100% stock condition. I'm definitely not the only one who has gotten a deal like that. Also, 500's are also more expensive than my 250 in comparable condition. The only 500R's that I found for under 2k when I was looking were either old as sin, high mileage, or wrecked.

...and calling me retarded? Is that really necessary here? Have I ever attacked you personally? no; just your words.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #68
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
...and calling me retarded? Is that really necessary here? Have I ever attacked you personally? no; just your words.
much the way I didn't call you a retard but stated that saying they were the same bike is retarded, attackign your words, not you?

I'll drop it, clearly an outsiders view that a 250r and a 650r should not be equal in cost, or that choosing the 250r over a 650 at an equal cost is tough, is far too outlandish for any of you to take my perspective momentarily and see what I am saying. Yes, you can find 250r's for less than $4k, but I don't particularly trust/want a bike owned by someone who covered it in stickers and put underglow on etc. that has road rash and scrapes on the fairings and dimples in the tank etc. and a pristine 250r in as new condition but with some miles on it, tends to run roughly $4k, and a 650 is similar.

Again, the context of the ENNTIRE THREAD was people claiming that the r6 for the 250r is some insane awesome trade... then when I say it isn't, because the 250r is actually worth about as much, I somehow upset you all by letting you know you ride valuable bikes that hold hteir resale...

I give up. Your bikes are fast, and cheap, and I am crazy for drawing any paralells between them and other inferior bikes

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #69
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Like it or not pregens and 08+ are completely different bikes and have different costs, not even close to the same thing.... also a "used pregen" is anywhere from 5-25 years old pretty much with god knows mileage... vs. discussing an 08+ which is at most 4-5 years old, and mileage is generally low.
Almost the same engine. Same gearing. Comparable 0-60 and top speed. Suspension components are interchangeable. Same rearsets. Same overall character and personality when riding.

Plenty of '08s have over 30k miles already. Mine has just under 15k, and has gotten every service it needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
You are a chode and um uhh yeah take that!
haha trixter the difference is that started with people whom I consider friends, and is really quite harmless because it's in good spirited fun. I take offense to being called retarded because frankly, I'm not.

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #70
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Yes, you can find 250r's for less than $4k, but I don't particularly trust/want a bike owned by someone who covered it in stickers and put underglow on etc. that has road rash and scrapes on the fairings and dimples in the tank etc. and a pristine 250r in as new condition but with some miles on it, tends to run roughly $4k, and a 650 is similar.

yepp. Completely covered in stickers, road-rash, underglow, scrapes, and dimples. It barely starts some days and has left me stranded places in the rain unless I'm willing to push it home, but who cares! it only cost me 4k!

Quote:
Again, the context of the ENNTIRE THREAD was people claiming that the r6 for the 250r is some insane awesome trade... then when I say it isn't, because the 250r is actually worth about as much, I somehow upset you all by letting you know you ride valuable bikes that hold hteir resale...
That would be an awesome trade! The bike is an '05, low mileage, in good condition, and worth more than Justin's current ride. It's a great trade because the owner is considering a straight trade, not a trade + money to cover the difference.

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #71
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
Isnt the R6 a supersport (like the zx6r is)? Isnt the 650R a sport? The ninja 650 has what 65hp? The R6 is what 108hp? The ninja 650msrp is what $7500 while the R6 is what $11k? The trade is also for an almost brand new R6 not one that is beaten to hell, stunted on, stickered, etc.

Comparing apples to zebras is not exactly fair.
R6 in my area, $4-5k, and I can show you just as many 250r's for the same cost, that was the point initially. An 05 R6 isn't "almost new" It is "almost 10 years old" if that's what you meant... a 250 at oldest is an 08. And the 650r's I'm discussing are all similarly newer like the 250r.

It isn't apples to zebra, it's apples to pineapples coz they both have the word pineapple in them.

MSRP is irrelevant, according to all of you claming my view on used prices, so I don't see why it suddenly matters to prove the R6 is a good trade, but doesn't make sense when I compare a lowly cheap 650r to the 250r, etc. Like I said, I give up. You guys continually contradict yourselves while discussing this with me, I quit.

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #72
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
It isn't apples to zebra, it's apples to pineapples coz they both have the word apple in them.
Dude, you don't even have a bike. Even nickjpass has a bike at this point.

We know that you buy a 250 because you want a 250, not because it is the cheapest thing you can find. Engine displacement has nothing to do with money, so making the point that you can get a larger bike for the same money means nothing; however, a supersport (or any other larger sport bike) that is the same price as a 250 is either older, higher mileage, or in worse condition (or a combination of the three) than the 250. (or the 250 is overpriced) Larger bikes cost more to start out with because they have more advanced components, better suspension, computer systems for EFI, and more research that goes into them. They cost more, because in comparable form, they're worth more.

Not sure what your problem is at this point.

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #73
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

The problem is you're agreeing with me but somehow arguing with me.

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #74
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I'm not agreeing with you at all. You go spouting something about how you could get a larger bike for the same price even though you HAVE to settle for a 250. You insult my bike. You call me a retard.

I'm telling you that you're wrong. If the only 250's you're seeing are the same price as SS bikes, you're doing it wrong, there's nothing wrong with pregens, 250's aren't slow, that IS a great trade because the R6 is worth more, and I'm not retarded.

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #75
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

I said that claiming the pregren and 08+ have the same value is retarded, I didn't call you a retard.

Also, I didn't insult your bike... I said they are overpriced, which is the same thing as saying they hold their value incredibly well, or conversely saying that the more expensive bikes have horrible resale.

And I called it slow. It is slow in the context of being compared to 650r's and R6's...

I can find 04/05 R6's in my area for roughly $4k and 250r's and 650r's for the same price, only newer. So again... as you stated "they cost more because, well, they're worth more" MSRP when new, sure... used... not really. You're too busy raging out over thinking you've been insulted to read anything in context.

...and if you get insulted by anything you read on the itnernet, then you're a retard...

Old April 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #76
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Sorry @massacremasses for going so OT with your thread.

Apparently some guy without a bike in Texas who can't type knows my feelings better than I do and I'm raging too hard to converse in this thread and think logically.

Old April 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #77
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

650s used are around 4k and greater in my area. Decently priced 250s are 3k and less.

Newer 650s are at least 4800-5000. I'd be hard pressed to find one at 3k that isn't a beat up '07 or something.

I've seen some pretty nice deals for newgen 250s around 2k with more miles. I feel like there's a lot more leeway when you go and Craigslist haggle with people than what the posts say, because people mark them up a lot even if they're not worth that much.
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #78
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Context > you. Try to actually comprehend what I wrote instead of taking it out of context and making me sound foolish.

I said a used 650r costs the same as a used 250r, and that even new, the dealers all want around $5500 OTD price on the 250r's. The thread was started about what is locally to me, roughly a $4k bike, being offered for trade for the 250r which local to me, is roughly a $4k bike... and people were busting nuts over profit and what a sick deal it is and suspicious issues with the super expensive r6 being offered for trade...?

That was my point initially, with a brief asside that it is hard on someone shopping for their first bike to buy a 250r with the market being that way, when there seem to be much more awesome bikes for the same cash, even if you really want a 250r.

I love the 250r... don't be defensive *shrug*
lol wuut?

This thread was started by me?

Old April 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #79
Jono

LOLZ!!

You can argue all day that 250s are over priced in your area but are they really?? You gotta think past that initial price tag man. I think almost everything about the 250 will be cheaper to maintain than a Supersport. And also you have to think of insurance costs. For most people the 250 will be the much cheaper option. And then there is the fuel economy. No SS bike gets close to as good of mileage as the 250.

So are those 600cc bikes really the cheaper route.

If you ask me, the guy that wants to trade his R6 for the 250 will probably come out ahead. Meanwhile Justin will be spending more money on that R6. Higher insurance, lower fuel economy, more expensive to maintain, and much more depreciation. Bad trade. Unless the fun factor is worth the higher costs.

Old April 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #80
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
lol wuut?

This thread was started by me?
My inital response toy our post was that the price gap in the bikes wasn't anything absurd from what I could fine on CL locally, and what you quoted stated that directly. Not sure where you got ... like I said, the thread was started originally about a trade for a 250r for an 05 R6 which locally to me can be had for $4k it seems, which is around the cost of a good condition 250r near me.

But none of that matters, "sick trade brah, go for it!!!" is what I meant to say.

Or was it "awww no way, bet it's a scam or the bike is busted coz your 250r is worth way less" *shrug*

Forget I posted at all