Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 24th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #41
adri99an
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFromAbove View Post
haha, you said it all...it has been way too humid over here for me to care to wear my full gear around town...call me a squid, i dnt really care...at least my balls are dry
I was at the Dodger game last night- 2 guys from NY were sitting behind us talking about how hoorible the heat is back east and how lucky we are here for it to be hott but not like stupid hott

But really...how can one enjoy a ride ALL GEARED up like if they were going to race MOTO GP?

Then again who wants to go down and have to get skin graphs?

Then again- who likes sweaty balls?
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #42
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Name: Chaos

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX-6r, 2010 250r (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri99an View Post
I was at the Dodger game last night- 2 guys from NY were sitting behind us talking about how hoorible the heat is back east and how lucky we are here for it to be hott but not like stupid hott

But really...how can one enjoy a ride ALL GEARED up like if they were going to race MOTO GP?

Then again who wants to go down and have to get skin graphs?

Then again- who likes sweaty balls?
that's funny cause i was at the phillys game yesterday in the lower level, and of course my seats were facing the effing sun, so 100 degree weather plus a bunch of fat hairy sweaty guys around you...nuff said...my gf was getting ready to pass out lol

and that's exactly what i mean when i say every choice has a consequence lol

if i were to take the bike on the highway in this weather i'd be wearing my gear, not cause you're more likely to crash (which has been proven false) but because i hate my shirt riding up and the feeling of bugs and rocks pelting my skin at 65+mph
ChaosFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #43
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Hey, know what? I ride wearing gear in Fl, where it's balls hot for the 9 1/2 month long summer. Lots of people don't. Many don't even wear a helmet (not mandatory here.) But you know what?

I do. Because I want to. If you all were that interested in safety, you would ban bikes altogether. Cars, too. We would all ride on safe, boring public transportation. Maybe we should take a look at our attitudes towards other riders with a less critical eye, they're adults so let them make their own decisions. Who are we, riding the most dangerous vehicles on the road (opinion) to judge someone else over their decisions? I keep my disapproving glances and comments to myself, I don't like it much when minivan mom gives me the stink-eye in traffic.

As far as confronting the other rider, the OP didn't make him twist the throttle, but how would you feel if you did that to another rider, and they gunned it and wrecked? How would you feel knowing that someone no longer has a son, brother, father, or dear friend? We've got plenty of testosterone fueled jack-tards floating around here on bikes, I try not to egg them on as a sort of civic duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri99an View Post
...Then again- who likes sweaty balls?
Me. Cause then I can ask the wife to help clean 'em off.

I can even ask my wife to help, in a pinch!

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #44
adri99an

Quote:
i hate people that say ATGATT and try to force it on other riders...wear what you wanna wear, just remember no matter what you wear it has its consequences:

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #45
adri99an

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
Hey, know what? I ride wearing gear in Fl, where it's balls hot for the 9 1/2 month long summer. Lots of people don't. Many don't even wear a helmet (not mandatory here.) But you know what?

I do. Because I want to. If you all were that interested in safety, you would ban bikes altogether. Cars, too. We would all ride on safe, boring public transportation. Maybe we should take a look at our attitudes towards other riders with a less critical eye, they're adults so let them make their own decisions. Who are we, riding the most dangerous vehicles on the road (opinion) to judge someone else over their decisions? I keep my disapproving glances and comments to myself, I don't like it much when minivan mom gives me the stink-eye in traffic.

As far as confronting the other rider, the OP didn't make him twist the throttle, but how would you feel if you did that to another rider, and they gunned it and wrecked? How would you feel knowing that someone no longer has a son, brother, father, or dear friend? We've got plenty of testosterone fueled jack-tards floating around here on bikes, I try not to egg them on as a sort of civic duty.

Me. Cause then I can ask the wife to help clean 'em off.

I can even ask my wife to help, in a pinch!
My wife would tell me to clean my own balls off- then she'll take over

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #46
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I'l squid all over your SS baby.

PS only reason I'm not scared all over my body is because I do ATGATT.

The asphalt sure found a way to get through the two piece joint and into my hip somehow anyways though. I stink I need a one piece.

I wear gear also because I feel like some sort of rocket pilot when I'm all suited up. =P
I always wanted my own micro personal spacecraft. This may be the closest I ever get until I meet earthworm jim..
EWJ does ATGATT but no helmet. Follow suit. They don't make worm helmets.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #47
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

lol, i loved earthworm jim!
that was a badass game
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #48
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
that was a badass game
+1
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #49
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
that was a badass game
Hell yeah! +2

Old July 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #50
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
... If you all were that interested in safety, you would ban bikes altogether. Cars, too. We would all ride on safe, boring public transportation. ...
funny you should mention banning bikes:

Article 1

Article 2

Funny thing is this guys from florida, you know him? lol

Old July 24th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #51
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

i wear my kevlar jeans, jacket,gloves,boots and helmet...sweat my balls off...but...on this trashbarge..with soooo many people, it's not falling i am concerned about..it's getting fukn hit/runover/squished. i go through a daily" hey wtf!! and a driver response of " I didn't see you!!" and my final being" most dead motorcyclist never hear that!" while he/she puts there phone down with big sullen eyes.

i am MTGATT..and i ride EVERYDAY to and from work and can all year round(tropics). and when my next fall comes(last one was neck injury and shoulder) i'll just "roll with it"

i do not understand the hostility towards the Op though. sounds like someone had a badday and responded. lol

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #52
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungluck View Post
i wear my kevlar jeans, jacket,gloves,boots and helmet...sweat my balls off...but...on this trashbarge..with soooo many people, it's not falling i am concerned about..it's getting fukn hit/runover/squished. i go through a daily" hey wtf!! and a driver response of " I didn't see you!!" and my final being" most dead motorcyclist never hear that!" while he/she puts there phone down with big sullen eyes.

i am MTGATT..and i ride EVERYDAY to and from work and can all year round(tropics). and when my next fall comes(last one was neck injury and shoulder) i'll just "roll with it"

i do not understand the hostility towards the Op though. sounds like someone had a badday and responded. lol
nah i dnt see any hostility...but as a post above says, your gear isnt gonna protect you from being hit/runover/squished. It doesn't even help in races hence that kid that died last season after lowsiding and being run over by 3 or 4 other bikes.

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #53
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
your gear isnt gonna protect you from being hit/runover/squished
I beg to differ.
That must have been a freak accident. Nobody wants to run anyone over.
If you are racing you better expect to get it once or twice too anyways.

My Dainese full length back protector would help SOME if I got ran over, over not having it on at all.

I'd rather be ran over with it than without it. If anything the hard plastic may help me save a rib lol.

That's just one example with one piece of gear. Shall I go on?

Would the kid who died last season have been cut in half without his gear after being ran over three times?
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #54
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
I beg to differ.
That must have been a freak accident. Nobody wants to run anyone over.
If you are racing you better expect to get it once or twice too anyways.

My Dainese full length back protector would help SOME if I got ran over, over not having it on at all.

I'd rather be ran over with it than without it. If anything the hard plastic may help me save a rib lol.

That's just one example with one piece of gear. Shall I go on?

Would the kid who died last season have been cut in half without his gear after being ran over three times?
i don't think u understand what happens when you get run over... especially by a car or truck...your organs will be crushed from the sheer weight or the vehicle, sure you may not split in half, even if it is a bike. If u land on ur stomach u still have the pressure from the road and the vehicles weight on ur back which could easily cause a rib to fracture and punture a lung/spleen/kidney and if you get lucky enough to avoid that, then i'm willing to bet that there will be some internal bleeding of some sort.

This now brings me to my next question, sure ur back protector will protect ur back, but what about ur chest? are u wearing a chest protector at all times? if you land on ur back and u get run over u can bet ull have fractured multiple ribs, possibly ur neck as well (unless of course ur wearing a neck protector, which might help). You will without a doubt have punctured/lacerated a vital organ and perhaps a fatal abdominal unjury(which is exactly what happend to the Moto2 Racer - Shoya Tomizawa). So you want to tell me again that your gear will protect u after being run over by a vehicle now? If a Moto 2 racer in full leathers can die from being run over by 2 bikes (looked it up this time), i'm pretty sure you and your kevlar jeans and leather jacket with back protector won't stand a chance to a 1000+ lb vehicle. But hey, if you wanna prove me wrong and test it out, let me know how you make out.

I have seen all kinds of **** in my career as a firefighter/emt (6 years), so i like to think i have a good grasp on how MOI's (Mechanism of Injury) are developed.

Again I say, feel free to prove me wrong.

P.S. Ribs are very easy to break, have you ever given someone CPR, especially an older person? You'll start compressions and after about 2 or 3 ull hear a skin crawling pop followed by a sound comparable to nails on a chalk board after each compression of the ribs popping/rubbing against the sternum. Now thats just the force of a life saving procedure, now think of how that would feel if it were a car...

Old July 25th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #55
oroboros
GDTRFB

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 - sold 2005 EX500R project

Quote:

P.S. Ribs are very easy to break, have you ever given someone CPR, especially an older person? You'll start compressions and after about 2 or 3 ull hear a skin crawling pop followed by a sound comparable to nails on a chalk board after each compression of the ribs popping/rubbing against the sternum.
EEEWWWWWW!

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #56
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): '09 2fiddy

Quote:
Guess i should rephrase my go to hell...all i own is a leather jacket, leather gaunlet gloves, a 1 piece leather, leather boots...now that i'm in a pinch i can't afford mesh gear...so if u wanna wear leather in this weather, go to hell. lol

also, I've gone down with a mesh jacket, for the most part, it did its job...except for the chest area (hit a jersey barrier after being cut off by a car on an off ramp on the PA turnpike) had some nice rash there. It was about a 40-50mph impact.
Dare I point out the irony that you can't afford mesh gear...yet you roll around on a 2011 ZX-6?!

I'll never understand some people.
BlackNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #57
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja View Post
Dare I point out the irony that you can't afford mesh gear...yet you roll around on a 2011 ZX-6?!

I'll never understand some people.
Hmm, maybe it's because I just forked out a bunch of money on all leather gear? what does rolling around on a ZX-6r have to do with anything? I'd be doing the same if I still had my 250. Don't get me wrong, on the highway I'll wear my gear, around town when its 115 degrees and im just going to work? **** that noise.

Its not ironic at all pal. Worry about yourself and not what other people do. If i choose to not wear gear one day, then that's up to me i know the consequences of my actions. Go play Mom somewhere else.

Old July 26th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #58
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Hmm, maybe it's because I just forked out a bunch of money on all leather gear? what does rolling around on a ZX-6r have to do with anything? I'd be doing the same if I still had my 250. Don't get me wrong, on the highway I'll wear my gear, around town when its 115 degrees and im just going to work? **** that noise.

Its not ironic at all pal. Worry about yourself and not what other people do. If i choose to not wear gear one day, then that's up to me i know the consequences of my actions. Go play Mom somewhere else.
Actually, it's extremely ironic to purchase protective gear, and not wear it.

That doesn't defeat the purpose to you...at all?

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #59
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Actually, it's extremely ironic to purchase protective gear, and not wear it.

That doesn't defeat the purpose to you...at all?
Ladies and gentlemen, the gear Nazi.

Perhaps you should read the whole thread before bashing me for not wearing leather gear on a 115 degree day. Thanks.

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #60
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, the gear Nazi.

Perhaps you should read the whole thread before bashing me for not wearing leather gear on a 115 degree day. Thanks.
Cool story, bro. I wore over 75 pounds of flak jacket and equipment while doing patrolling for hours on end in Afghanistan, with the heat index well over 120 degrees. You'll get no sympathy from me because it's "hot".

Honestly, I really don't care if you wear your gear or not, and I never stated to being a gear nazi. I was merely pointing out the fact that you BOUGHT gear, then don't wear it when it's "hot" to you. But of course, you completely danced around the point I was making, and stated I was a gear nazi. For claiming to be a EMT, I would have thought you, more than anyone, would realize the importance of gear. But hey, you also bought gear not to wear it, so it's really not that surprising. And on top of all that, you've even been in a wreck before, and still would rather risk road rash and rocks in your skin verus wiping some sweat away.

It's your skin the nurses will be wire brushing the rocks out of, not mine. Rock on, dude.

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #61
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Cool story, bro. I wore over 75 pounds of flak jacket and equipment while doing patrolling for hours on end in Afghanistan, with the heat index well over 120 degrees. You'll get no sympathy from me because it's "hot".

Honestly, I really don't care if you wear your gear or not, and I never stated to being a gear nazi. I was merely pointing out the fact that you BOUGHT gear, then don't wear it when it's "hot" to you. But of course, you completely danced around the point I was making, and stated I was a gear nazi. For claiming to be a EMT, I would have thought you, more than anyone, would realize the importance of gear. But hey, you also bought gear not to wear it, so it's really not that surprising. And on top of all that, you've even been in a wreck before, and still would rather risk road rash and rocks in your skin verus wiping some sweat away.

It's your skin the nurses will be wire brushing the rocks out of, not mine. Rock on, dude.
want me to call the waaanh-bulance?

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #62
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
want me to call the waaanh-bulance?
Seeing how I'm not the one whining like a b1tch about sweating while riding a bike, no, you don't have to call the wahhhbulance for me.

You can call it for you, however.

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #63
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Seeing how I'm not the one whining like a b1tch about sweating while riding a bike, no, you don't have to call the wahhhbulance for me.

You can call it for you, however.
lol...for someone who claims to have served this country you sure do bitch a lot.

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #64
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:

Best pun ever?

Old July 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #65
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
...wouldn't of...
Because wouldn't've is awkward?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #66
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Because wouldn't've is awkward?
Is that even 'proper' English???

But hey, thanks for correcting me ... just got it edited in nick of time!!!!!

Visit my new MotoVlog Channel !!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #67
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Is that even 'proper' English???
Probably not.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #68
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Some make this "squid" into too much of a big deal type thing.
Even before I started riding I said to myself "I will start on a 250 to acquire fundamental skills, then train those to improve my riding until I am not a n00b anymore. But I promise myself to wear gear because if I crash for whatever reason, ohwell maybe I won't want to stop riding because of injury"

When people go out and hate on others of the same kind for they're decision, it's not cool, nor is it a sport to find the "squids"
Do you post about drivers who don't wear they're seat belts? Maybe it isn't as apparent as a biker with no gear or who's being dumb, or maybe you aren't looking out for it. I'm sure a lot have seen it tho.
Point is as long as it isn't interfering with others safety maybe you shouldn't judge.
Because I don't think you want others calling you a n00b or something because you can't ride a bike well since you are a beginner, I haven't seen any threads in other forums of people posting "Saw a guy learning to ride" What a n0000b.
Maybe it doesn't bother you, but it isn't a sport finding the n00bs.

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #69
blink
Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosfromabove View Post
lol...for someone who claims to have served this country you sure do bitch a lot.
lololol

Old July 26th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #70
blink
Always.

Also reason being is you put S.S referring to the bigger bikes.
Squids happen on 250's and 125's!

Old July 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #71
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Ok so lessons learned from this thread:
A) Some will / will not wear full gear, it's all a personal choice and is okay as long as you can live w/ your decisions.
B) You don't need a SuperSport to be a squid.

and most importantly..............

C) We need to post more times when we see ppl w/o seat belts on.

Visit my new MotoVlog Channel !!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #72
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Obvious point that you've never served is very obvious.

Old July 27th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #73
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:

Cool story, bro. Did you get drafted, or volunteer like I did?

I wear gear when it's hot for the same reason BlackNinja wore his gear when it was hot. Because uncomfortable is better than injured or dead. Then again, if you don't have appropriate gear for hot weather, you gear is more likely to cause heat stress than anything else. Especially in cooler climates that are experiencing unseasonably hot weather. After all, I ride in Florida, and don't own any cold weather gear. When it gets too cold to ride safely (it does a few times in winter) I park the bike and use another way to get around. If it's too hot, take a car, or a bus, or bum a ride.

But, it's your choice, folks. Wear what you want, the risks are fairly well known. Riding is more dangerous than lots of other ways of getting around, and here we all are throwing a leg over a bike anyways.

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #74
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Obvious point that you've never served is very obvious.

nope, i do my job on the home front as a volunteer firefighter, cause while your deployed someone has to be there in case your house burns down and save your family.

I wasn't gonna add to the little "brag" game but what the hell, might as well. Your 75lbs on a day with a heat index of 120+ is nothing. Try wearing 80 punds of restrictive gear in a 300+ degree environment carrying 100+pounds of water in a hose through a confined space, often in a dwelling or building you've never stepped foot in a day in your life(but hey i know if your infantry you've been in those kinds of buildings too).

So i like to stay cool whenever possible as i know what it's like to have heat stress...even in the winter.

Go ahead, i know your gonna post something to try and one up me about fighting for my freedom blah blah blah. Like i said before, i have respect for those that serve, but no respect for those who use it as a bragging right.

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #75
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Well my dick is bigger then all yours. AND my dad will kick your dads ass

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #76
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
Well my dick is bigger then all yours. AND my dad will kick your dads ass

lmao...yea this is turning into a childish bicker im done

...but still MY LUNCH IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #77
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
lmao...yea this is turning into a childish bicker im done

...but still MY LUNCH IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Most likely, what are you having? I'm still torn on what to get lol (SO off topic )

Old July 27th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #78
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
Most likely, what are you having? I'm still torn on what to get lol (SO off topic )
lol...actually its a Cup of Noodles, kinda like ramen, but yummier, and in a cup...if my lunch sucks my dinner is better cause im getting tacos!

Old July 27th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #79
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Go ahead, i know your gonna post something to try and one up me about fighting for my freedom blah blah blah. Like i said before, i have respect for those that serve, but no respect for those who use it as a bragging right.
Had no intentions of such things, but from reading your latest posts, it's not surprising you're already jumping to conclusions without actually having any kind of reading comprehension in the first place.

Go ahead, read my original post. It never "started" from me being a so called gear nazi. I just noticed the extreme irony of buying protective clothing, then not wearing it.

Please quote me where I went gear nazi with the "AGATT" phrase or the like.