Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #41
M
ninjette.org member

Name: M

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 x2, Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim
I would suggest lowering the bike front and back about 1.5", shaving the seat/buying a Corbin and getting some higher soled boots.
The Corbin seat is both higher & wider then the OEM seat. I would not recommend it in this instance.

I'm 5'4" and have a 28" inseam. With my Corbin seat, I can barely tip-toe my '05 250. However, I've accumulated a few miles over the years and this doesn't bother me. I can always scoot off the seat to the left to get one foot down.

In your case, I'd recommend the seat shave (use high density foam) and/or shoes with a taller heal. As you accumulate more miles with time, the amount of foot touching down will be less of an issue.
M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #42
gaby
ninjette.org member

Name: gabriela

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250, ninja zx6r and KLX140

I am sure you will be fine, I am 5"1 and I also cant flat foot the bike with both feet, I actually started with a CBR125 and it was great cause the seat is a bit more narrow so that helped, but the bike was WAAAY! too slow So anyways I got the 250 and even though I dont reach what I do is I just flat foot on one side and and carry the weight on that leg. I also do that with the ZX6R I just lean it over a bit so I am flat footed but for that bike I shaved the seat and lowered it by an 1.5" .
gaby is offline   Reply With Quote