Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old January 4th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #41
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikie View Post
Note: Not a pilot but just as crucial to getting those birds in the air to help my brothers and sisters in arms.

Probably the best part/feeling about working on this jet! I used to work on F-15's but have obviously moved on. Couldn't believe they wanted to retire this amazing jet. For the folks reading this that don't know, I currently work on the A-10.

And thank you @JohnnyBravo for everything you do.
That'll get the job done. A pair of them is not far off having an artillery battery on call when the **** hits the fan.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #42
Trikie
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
That'll get the job done. A pair of them is not far off having an artillery battery on call when the **** hits the fan.
Yup 30mm HEI raining down is enough to make even Chuck Norris crap his pants.
Trikie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #43
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Yup 30mm HEI raining down is enough to make even Chuck Norris crap his pants.
120mm HE/WP were my regular go to, I'd have loved to have a sqn. of A-10s on the other end of the radio.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #44
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

"The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it, he knows too little." - Mark Twain

I LOVE Mark Twain quotes. He was a dynamically interesting man in his day! Cool one, Hernan!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #45
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

speaking from a MSF instructor standpoint, take it again. not only will some of these skills keep you from hurting your new bike, they could even save your life. not to mention its free at your location.

Old January 5th, 2014, 11:41 AM   #46
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
As pretty much everyone else has said, you might as well do it again if it's free or cheap. Here in Michigan, MSF classes are put on at community colleges with a grant, so it only costs $25. I took the ARC the year after I took the BRC, and while it really wasn't that advanced (it's nearly identical to the Military SportBike RiderCourse), it was good to have more supervised practice on my own bike.

It might get a little boring since you've already done it, but that will allow you to focus more on the techniques like others said. There were some total n00bs (never driven a stick, much less a bike) in my class, and you could tell that they had to consciously think about how to operate the bike, along with trying to learn proper riding technique. Being more familiar with the bike and getting more seat time will only help.
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #47
evidens83
bike noob

Name: ev

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r(sold) 04 Yamaha R6

I live on a military post as well. OP make sure you get your endorsement on your DL MPs are not the smartest of the bunch. I've been riding short of 2 months and have yet to ride off post. Plenty of empty scenic roads on my installation for me to get comfortable riding and hone my skills. Since it's free for military, I would retake the course if you really feel you need to. Cant hurt and a refresher is always good. Good luck riding and don't forget your PT belt
evidens83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #48
Trikie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidens83 View Post
I live on a military post as well. OP make sure you get your endorsement on your DL MPs are not the smartest of the bunch. I've been riding short of 2 months and have yet to ride off post. Plenty of empty scenic roads on my installation for me to get comfortable riding and hone my skills. Since it's free for military, I would retake the course if you really feel you need to. Cant hurt and a refresher is always good. Good luck riding and don't forget your PT belt
Yea I have my endorsement already luckily I got it two days before the time was up. Is the PT belt a crack at the AF! Lol I hate that we have to wear it, although i do feel naked when I'm on the line working and I don't have it..... Damnit

Old January 5th, 2014, 09:11 PM   #49
evidens83
bike noob

Name: ev

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r(sold) 04 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Yea I have my endorsement already luckily I got it two days before the time was up. Is the PT belt a crack at the AF! Lol I hate that we have to wear it, although i do feel naked when I'm on the line working and I don't have it..... Damnit
Not cracking at my AF brothers I'm just saying if you plan to ride on base in uniform you must have a PT belt. Installation rules may vary
evidens83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2014, 10:23 PM   #50
Trikie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidens83 View Post
Not cracking at my AF brothers I'm just saying if you plan to ride on base in uniform you must have a PT belt. Installation rules may vary
Our newest reg got rid of the need to wear hi viz during daylight hours. I don't think it is required for us to wear PT belts at least I never see anyone wearing one. Not sure what a little belt is gonna do but hey can't change their minds about it, might as well conform.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:26 PM   #51
Rogue
Hooligan

Name: Robin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja EX300

I would seriously consider retaking the class. Why? Because it's less stressful to relearn those necessary skills on a bike that's already been dropped a few dozen times. And, since you already have your endorsement, you won't have the stress of needing to pass; you can just focus on the skills.

I started riding mid-season last year and I'm planning to retake the course this spring because my bike has been sitting in the garage all winter. I'd much rather have my refresher time on a dinged up clunker that I hand back at the end of the day than on my pretty bike.

Just my 2 cents.

Qui patiens est, teres. Teres est, ieiunare. | Twitter: @Rogue_300
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:06 PM   #52
ez12a
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold), 2007 SV650S

ditto everyone else, take it again.

I failed the the first MSF assessment (i could give all my excuses ) and retook the entire riding portion again 6 months later to pass nearly perfectly.

It was good practice to be out on the course a second time and since I already had an idea of what the class was it was just honing my skills at that point.
ez12a is offline   Reply With Quote