ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old November 11th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #41
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki ninja 250r

Yea, I thought about that. I may add full coverage when my next bill is due. I only plan on riding on weekends, so I'm honestly riding less then 1000 miles a year.

Thanks for all the "welcome" messages! I feel like everyone here is so friendly; it's great!

Question: Does anyone know the size of the bolts that I need to buy in the pictures below??

Side of the bike
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6636897...n/photostream/

Under rear seat. One on each side. Helps hold the light in place?

Holds the battery box in. One on each side

Holds the seat down. One on each side
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6636897...in/photostream

Thanks!!!

Just another one of the bike!
caphilli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 11th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #42
mholme
ninjette.org member

Name: Marques

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 636

This is one of the sites that has a parts catalog. You should be able to find all the bolts and screws needed for the parts you listed.

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com
mholme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #43
sopranos
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 (black)

Awesome!

I recently purchased the same '09 black bike with 6K miles in NorCal (in perfect condition). Mind me asking what you paid for yours? I'm curious how the market compares in SoCal. I paid $3400 up here (which is on the low side of fair market for a clean title, never down, maintained).

As for insurance, I added it to my State Farm policy and pay $22/mo for full coverage ($100 deduct). But then again I am 34 years old married with no marks and multi-car... I assume you may pay a bit more being younger with marks.
sopranos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #44
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopranos View Post
Awesome!

I recently purchased the same '09 black bike with 6K miles in NorCal (in perfect condition). Mind me asking what you paid for yours? I'm curious how the market compares in SoCal. I paid $3400 up here (which is on the low side of fair market for a clean title, never down, maintained).

As for insurance, I added it to my State Farm policy and pay $22/mo for full coverage. But then again I am 34 years old married with no marks and multi-car... I assume you may pay a bit more being younger with marks.
Welcome! Yea, I got mine wayyy cheep $1900 with 9k miles. Clean title, little little damage. Maybe down once or twice at low speed. I think Market value is somewhere around 2900? Anyway, yea our family has state farm, but I did my own policy for the bike and went with a different company.

Old November 12th, 2011, 01:07 AM   #45
sopranos
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 (black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphilli View Post
Welcome! Yea, I got mine wayyy cheep $1900 with 9k miles. Clean title, little little damage. Maybe down once or twice at low speed. I think Market value is somewhere around 2900? Anyway, yea our family has state farm, but I did my own policy for the bike and went with a different company.
Super cool! Yea, that's a great deal indeed.

As long as you have a good health insurance plan (through parents maybe if you are still in college) you should be fine with liability in your case since you got the bike for so cheap. No sense in having a $500 deductible to recoup $1900 and have to pay that much all along.

Hell, ride it til the wheels fall off (not literally) or you can probably sell it for a profit if/when its time to upgrade.

Nice!
sopranos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #46
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopranos View Post
Super cool! Yea, that's a great deal indeed.

As long as you have a good health insurance plan (through parents maybe if you are still in college) you should be fine with liability in your case since you got the bike for so cheap. No sense in having a $500 deductible to recoup $1900 and have to pay that much all along.

Hell, ride it til the wheels fall off (not literally) or you can probably sell it for a profit if/when its time to upgrade.

Nice!
Thanks! Yea, my health insurance is great. And that was one of my biggest deciding factors. The price of insurance would have bee really high with a 250 deductible.. and not worth paying 1,000 for a bike that cost 900 more. Ya know?

Ha yea, I plan on riding a lot! Lots of friends have bikes so we're planning a big ride day soon!

Old November 13th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #47
DreamN
Beer Me!

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 Car(s): '09 Cube, '93 240SX (Coupe & 'Vert)

$1,900 for it? WOW! Craigslist find? Because I saw an '09 on it posted awhile ago for $2k, but never got a response from the guy. Figured it was a spam ad. Was that the one you bought? It was in L.A. too

Man if that's the one, I completely missed out.
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #48
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
$1,900 for it? WOW! Craigslist find? Because I saw an '09 on it posted awhile ago for $2k, but never got a response from the guy. Figured it was a spam ad. Was that the one you bought? It was in L.A. too

Man if that's the one, I completely missed out.
Yea, it was a great deal. Listed for $2,500 but the guy really wanted to get rid of it quick. It was in LA. Not sure if it't the same one though.

Keep looking! There are plenty out there. Let me know if and when you pick one up!

Old November 14th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #49
DreamN
Beer Me!

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 Car(s): '09 Cube, '93 240SX (Coupe & 'Vert)

I need to start lowballin' some dudes lol.
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #50
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
I need to start lowballin' some dudes lol.
Some people just really want to get rid of them and need quick cash. See what you can do. And if you go look at one that has a pretty good price to begin with, have cash on hand and try and work out a deal.

Old November 15th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #51
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Hey, so I know i posted this under gear, but I didn't get too many responses.

Looking for a good pair of pants to wear for my weekend rides. Something that's not going to be too hard on my wallet but something that is going to keep me protected. I know, you don't want to go cheep on gear, so I'm willing to put out a bit of money to stay safe. Just something that isn't way expensive. Looking to get something with at least padding in the knees... I've been looking at these Icon pants:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370552132732...#ht_3141wt_977

And these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Tri-Tex...ht_2720wt_1114

Thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome! Also, if you have any other pairs you like or feel that are good please let me know! Thanks guys.

Old December 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #52
withoutequal
ninjette.org member

Name: noel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja250, 05 ninja 250

welcome!
withoutequal is offline   Reply With Quote