Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 31st, 2009, 07:29 PM   #41
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Yancy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
...yet when I ride to work in the winter I'm the only person there on two wheels.
I know what you mean. I ride pretty much all year round. Well, at least twice a week unless I'm snowed in...
beowuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2009, 07:57 PM   #42
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

I ride year around too. Full leather gear.. Biggest thing that makes a difference?

It's amazing how much better your body can tolerate the heat as long as you have constant access to a relatively cool water source. I went one ride without a camelbak in 90+ degrees and by the time I got home I was sick.
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2009, 06:00 AM   #43
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowuff View Post
I rode home from Bothell to Redmond yesterday after putting ice cubes in the pockets of my mesh jacket... The cubes were gone by the time I got home, and my shirt was almost dry... It was like holding a hair drier in front of me on 405...

And remember! 100+ here does not mean the same thing as 100+ somewhere else!

Anyway, I also read somewhere that mesh jackets are only better then non mesh between something like 75 and 95. Above 95, it's better to wear a non mesh and sweat. The wind through a mesh at above 95 will dehydrate you too quickly and not give you any cooling. With a non-mesh, you sweat and get cooled without loosing too much water...
That's why you see Arabs in long robes. It keeps you from getting dehydrated.