ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:00 PM   #41
misfitsailor
Ninjette Jockey

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 2 Honda Monkeys, Polini & GRC mini GP

I think Harley blew it when they bought Buell, then killed it.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?.
misfitsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM   #42
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

When I've been travelling/camping on trips and come across other travelling Harley owner's they are typically just like any other enhusiast, friendly knowledgable and love to ride. When I go to an "event" and there are masses of Harley riders, that's where I see the legendary attitude of superiority that is irritating to say the least.
Another thing that gets me is when I travel a long way from home in order to ride great scenic and twisty roads then come up onto a large Harley group. Actually its usually coming up to a line of cars, campers etc that are stuck behind these bad ass Harely riders. No way to pass and they seem to enjoy contolling the road.
Harley bikes are not for me, tried a RoadKing in '98 on a 1200 mile trip. Just didn't work for me, too heavy, weak brakes, soft suspension, poor acceleration and vibrated like hell at above 70 MPH. I know they are better now but that experience led me to other products that serve me just fine...Including the 250. Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2014, 02:26 PM   #43
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote