ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 11th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #41
peachdiddy
Former ninjette rider

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CB1000R

Ouch, my friend. My heart goes out to you on the death of your engine. On the up side, it seems like there are a lot of nice people on this board that want to help you. I'm worried about this same scenario, even though everything is stock on my engine, I still worry about it running lean. I was throwing around the idea of exhaust, etc. And everyone here was really helpful with all of my newb questions.

Moral of the story: Let Racer X help you, and you'll have your bike on the road as soon as you have the money for the valves and other assembly necessities.

Old October 31st, 2010, 11:21 AM   #42
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I'm a bit past-due for my second valve inspection and very concerned. They told me that they were all in spec at the last inspection, which means that they didn't change anything. I don't think they actually even checked because they unexpectedly (for me) closed down the shop for good the next day. I'm over 16,400 miles but I had my last one done at 8,200 miles and it's only been 8,200 miles since then. I had my sprockets changed from 14/45 to 15/41 and switched to Rotella T6 full synthetic so I imagine that it bought me a little more time by lowering the RPMs, but the fact that they didn't actually adjust anything the first time means that I'm probably well out of spec by now and I can't afford the service due to dealing with that damned road hazard that I hit last week. It's very frustrating. My daily commute distance has now multiplied as well. !$@#%

The sound I think most people describe as "valve lash/clicking" has been audible since before my first valve service (another reason I think they lied to me) and has gotten louder recently. I wish I knew for certain if that is what I am hearing. It's hard to actually pin-point in a recording due to the rest of the engine noise.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2010, 01:37 PM   #43
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

I'm a bit worried too. I'm at 10k miles and I have yet to have to valves adjusted. I can't afford it, due to being unemployed. So I'm not riding the bike very often so I don't put too many miles on it.

Old October 31st, 2010, 02:47 PM   #44
8gauge
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Limited Edition - R.I.P. 12/2/2010

I just have a slip on exhaust. So how can you tell if your bike is running too lean and what can you do about it?