ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old August 8th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #41
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

hi Trev,

the kit without voltmeter costs $296 +10% = $326 (US)

the shipping to go direct from here to Canada by DHL should be around: $91 + 5% (to cover transfer charges) = $96 (estimated price given to my by our shipping manager)

to send it by registered post should cost a little less, but it would take a little longer, and maybe a little less safe~

so you would be looking at a little over $400 US. to get it sent direct.

cheers

Old May 7th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #42
GXR1147
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 94' GSXR 1100

i know im all late a wrong on this topic and this is my first post so i have no "post cred" lol but im am severly interested in getting one of these. in fact thats what brought me here was searching for the custom bezel. i dont even own a "ninj" anything lol... i have a gsxr 1100 and want one of these with the custom bezel.. and i cant find it anywhere for the life of me... except for vids on youtube of someone else enjoying what i want and cant find... and on here. so please.. some one tell me ive come to the right place!?!?!
GXR1147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #43
wayanlam

these are custom made (hand made with a mold) to fit the hole in the ninja250's dash.

the 250s are popular here in indonesia, so they are a lot of people buying them (high demand = guaranteed supply).

however, there are only a very few GSXR 1100's here in indonesia, there are insane import taxes on big displacement bikes (75% luxury tax). so there is barely a market for the 600+cc bikes here. a lot of them are illegal actually, and having been smuggled into the country without paying the official taxes, etc.

so.... as far as getting a custom bezzel for the Koso RX2 speedo to fit the GSXR, i dont think its gonna be easy, or even possible. since the supplier making the bezzel wont be able to get a mould made without having a bike here to get the shape from.

on top of it, even if they did, it would cost a premium, since it would be a 1 off item.

but...

looks like the GSXR speedo is fixed to the handlebar... so actually, in theory you could maybe use the bezel that they make for the ninja250, and modify it to fit to your bike? you might want to add some more fiberglass to close off the bottom off cleaner.

with some time and a little luck it might fit

regards,
W.

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #44
GXR1147
ninjette.org newbie

Yeah, I was planning on getting a lil custom with it.with the gauges turning with the bars I was thinking i might even need to trim some of off or come up with a way to mount the whole assy to the headlight mount support. Either way I knOw I can make it work.how would I even go about even getting my hands on one of these kits? I'd like to get the plug and play harness then I can just modify it as needed unless it comes with a universal harness I can work with.

Old May 8th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #45
wayanlam

i think the koso speedos come with a universal harness, or maybe you have to get it separately, never asked, since i always got them with the complete ninja250 P&P kit.

the cheapest way imo would be for you to just get the custom bracket, its quite small and light, so it doesn't cost too much to send over to the states.

the rest (koso RX2, and volemeter) you can buy over there, which would just have the national shipping costs.

the whole P&P kit ive been selling for $455 PLUS shipping.

for just the bracket on its own i can get it for $80 + shipping. shipping might be around 30~40 bucks maybe.

otherwise to ship the whole kit i would recommend to use DHL, which is safer, but that costs around $120.

so if you are looking to save on the shipping, i would suggest to just get the bracket. i can get them with a hole for the voltmeter predrilled (you need to specify the size), or plain without hole, so you can drill it out yourself when you know what the size of the gauge that you are getting will be.

cheers,
W.

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #46
GXR1147
ninjette.org newbie

its funny you mention it that way. while driving my big dumb white truck for work today i started thinking about just getting the custom bezel then picking up the gauge from ebay or something. so im down for getting the custom bezel from you if your willing. just shoot me a PM to sort the details.

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #47
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

To add fuel to the fire

NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #48
dryosmosis
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r, 2005 zzr1200

you guys should search the internet more. biohazardcycles.com carries the rx2 and rx2n kits. its only 399 plus like 10 bucks shipping for the rx2 and 415 plus like 10 bucks shipping for the rx2n which seems to be similar to the group buy pricing.
dryosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #49
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryosmosis View Post
you guys should search the internet more. biohazardcycles.com carries the rx2 and rx2n kits. its only 399 plus like 10 bucks shipping for the rx2 and 415 plus like 10 bucks shipping for the rx2n which seems to be similar to the group buy pricing.
I got my RX2N that I used on my first Hawk from Biohazard Cycles.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #50
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
You should read into this thread more.

wayanlam flat out recommends we buy the gauges from other sources. People are going to him because the Koso bracket is mega-ugly. We turn to wayanlam for the custom brackets because we cannot find those in North America. It just so happens he can get the gauges at a reasonable price as well so some rather buy it all as one unit from him.

Old May 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #51
wayanlam

Nathan! your bike looked like mine before i planted it into the tarmac

i also have the red ninja, and had the double bubble ZeroGravity, and the custom koso kit, etc, what nostalgia... i miss my pre-crashed bike, lol xD

btw, thanks for defending me (if i needed defending) and tbh, like you said, the people that have done the research seem to have come to the conclusion that im one of the few sources for the custom bracket, and each time someone asked me to get the kit, ive always offered to send just the bracket, since its cheaper for the shipping! i think overall ive sent about 65% / 35% between full kits and just the brackets without the speedo, and which ever way, im glad to help with what you guys have asked me to source.

plus numerous other bits/parts that are available here but not there

so far ive sent to several states in US mainland, to Alaska (thought everyone rode a dogsled there! hihihi), Canada, and recently also to Australia.

i haven't actually posted anything to promote this kit in a long long time, but i still get the occasional PM asking me to get the kits cos those ppl came across these threads. so far this year ive sent 3 or 4 kits i think~ maybe half a dozen or something last year and about the same the year before :P

so there arent many of these custom brackets over in america if im the only person sourcing them! still a rather exclusive part

cheers,
W

Old May 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #52
dryosmosis
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r, 2005 zzr1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUc View Post
You should read into this thread more.

wayanlam flat out recommends we buy the gauges from other sources. People are going to him because the Koso bracket is mega-ugly. We turn to wayanlam for the custom brackets because we cannot find those in North America. It just so happens he can get the gauges at a reasonable price as well so some rather buy it all as one unit from him.
i have read every post on this thread. this thread isnt about a group buy for just the custom bracket, but it is a group buy for the whole kit, which can be bought for cheaper elsewhere. i understand wayanlam is helping people out to get the custom bracket but the point of a group buy is save money over regular retail. thank you wayanlam for helping other enthusiast spruce up their bikes, i wish i had the money to buy the rx2n kit with the custom bracket.
dryosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #53
wayanlam

when i first started to get these kits i was actually only charging cost price from the supplier, and the full kit came out to $355 (even cheaper than biohazardcycles)

however on the 1st GB, i ended up loosing money, cause of the paypal charges, plus the bad exchange rates paypal gives, and i also didnt get anything out from sourcing these kits, which i spend hours to get, let alone a GB since thats always more complicated, lol...

so after my lesson where i spent possibly 25 hours or more on the forums organizing the GB, at the bike shop ordering the parts, going back to get parts that were missing, packing and shipping several kits, etc... and almost loosing money (when i found out i lost money i asked to get the difference paid so i would at least break even, and the people who bought from me did so, which im glad, otherwise i wouldn't have bought another kit for anyone...)

so now i add $100 on top, to cover exchage rates, and to cover the time i spend to source these kits, i do value my time, and i hope others do too... im up front about it and clear

i havent had one person complain about any parts that ive sourced for them, with the exception of a HID kit... but i strongly advised them against getting the kit due to the fact that i heard many ppl saying the halo lights easily break, but they insisted... and sadly one of the halo's wasn't working properly, even though i tested the kit on my bike before shipping.

cheers,
W

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #54
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
i have read every post on this thread. this thread isnt about a group buy for just the custom bracket, but it is a group buy for the whole kit, which can be bought for cheaper elsewhere. i understand wayanlam is helping people out to get the custom bracket but the point of a group buy is save money over regular retail. thank you wayanlam for helping other enthusiast spruce up their bikes, i wish i had the money to buy the rx2n kit with the custom bracket.
With all due respect, please show me where the full kit including the bracket + voltmeter can be purchased in America. it doesn't even need to be cheaper, I just want to see where you found it for sale elsewhere. I searched for a really long time trying to find a nice bracket (not that ugly Koso one).

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #55
Midnight Runner
ninjette.org member

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R

How much for just the adapter shipped to the states?
Midnight Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #56
Gunner
ninjette.org member

Name: Gunner

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE

Can we get another Group Buy going? Maybe in Canada?

I would really like the;
Koso kit RX2 (custom bezel + P&P koso set + volt meter)

If not a group buy Wayanlam i sent to a PM about this, maybe i can buy it just straight from you?
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #57
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

so tempting... i need one of these after my 636 fork swap. wayan can you give me a price break down for the exact setup that Nathan has in his picture above.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...8&postcount=47

please estimate shipping to the Milwaukee, WI 53222 USA. i'd be down for a new group buy if more people are interested and Wayan feels like doing some shopping for us.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #58
wayanlam

the only way i do GB's is if someone on that end organizes it all, and sends me one payment sum, with the list of how many parts are needed, and the single address where im shipping to.

it becomes way too complicated trying to chase up half a dozen different people all asking the same questions, but all maybe wanting something a little different~ been there, done that, lol... oh, then there are those in the GB that hop on, but then realize they dont have enough money...

so lately ive stuck to single buyers, 1v1

but as i said, if someone wants to take up the challenge of organizing a gb, feel free, start a new thread, get some people together, and see how far that will go.

the price is $455 for the full kit like Nathan got, it includes the Koso speedo, koso voltmeter, custom bracket, and the P&P harness for the carbed ninja.

this kit does not include the oil or water temp sensor kit. that costs an additional $30 here, but i think its cheaper to get that over there in the states, so i wouldn't recommend getting it from here.

if we want to keep it simple... we could do a GP on JUST the custom brackets, that costs, less,and we could send lots for quite cheap. since the koso speedo you can get in america, and you just need to choose what voltmeter to stick in the hole. can also supply the bracket without a hole if someone wants to install something different on the left side.

IMO that would be the better item to order as a GB, hard to get a lot of people to commit to buy a $455 kit + shipping, its a reasonably big chunk of money~

just the bracket on its own ive been selling for $80 now.

hope that helps clarify your questions
cheers,
W.

Old May 24th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #59
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

I'm gonna do some calculating. So the bracket is $80 without shipping correct. How much for the volt meter? I dont think those are available here. Might just get those two from you and buy the rest here in the states. Gotta figure out which would be the cheapest.

Old May 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #60
wayanlam

bracket + volt comes out to around $150~170 if im not mistaken, would have to check again. the price has been fluxiuating a little, since these round voltmeters have been hard to get lately.

i think Koso stopped making them for a while, but supposedly they were going to start again? im not 100% sure what the situation is anymore, been hard to get a concrete answer from the supplier...

if you search for voltmeters, there are also other brands available in america, like AutoGauge, i think.

im checking with another supplier now as well, to see if they have a better source for the voltmeters. so that im not left hanging in the middle, with you guys having paid for the bracket+volt, and me not being able to get voltmeters from the supplier, ha ha!

ill update once i get some info, and feel free to ask any more questions~

cheers,
W.

ps. all prices i give is always excluding shipping, the best i can do there is guestimate a price, but would need to know how many are being ordered. once its packed i can then get an accurate price and ask for that to be sent over.

also i accept pay pal money transfers. otherwise a bank transfer works too, but you need to take on all the bank fee charges, likewise if you want to do a western union transfer. so generally i find that PP is the fastest and generally cheapest way to send money to me.

Old May 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #61
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 1988 FJ1100

aJust to bring it to your attention, We can supply the gauges at a pretty low price and forum members get an additional 10% off when you enter NINJETTE at checkout. We offer Koso's full line up including the rx-2 and rx-2n

here:

http://racetechelectric.com/c-322867...-and-kits.html

and I'm pretty sure (I have an email out to koso) that we can still get these voltmeters.

http://racetechelectric.com/i-852835...olt-meter.html

I'll work on a bundle with the plug and play harness and the gauge without the Koso mounting plate tomorrow.

www.racetechelectric.com
RaceTech Electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #62
wayanlam

aha, there we have a solution from Jordan then, this might be the best solution, each person can purchase their Koso parts directly from RaceTech Electric, including the voltmeter.

then we only have to worry about doing a GB for the custom brackets, and having those sent out to each individual once they arrive at whoever is going to receive the package with the brackets in America.

i can also get the brackets for the RX-2N speedo, in case there are also people who want that one instead. the brackets cost the same i think.

oh, and i can also get them with an optional Carbon fiber look finish, costs a little more, but if someone is interested i can find out what that costs.

something like that~

W.

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #63
wayanlam

if RaceTech gives an additional 10% discount, the total price for the bundle from them for the P&P kit, speedo, and volt would cost like $436.5

i can get the full kit for a little cheaper ($455 including custom bracket) i guess thats why most people ended up getting it all from me. the difference is that shipping ends up costing a fair bit when its a full kit, so in theory it might come out to almost the same price if i only have to buy & ship the brackets, since it would reduce shipping costs considerably, specially if its a GB.

ill let gt_turbo do his calculations, he he... see what he thinks

Old May 25th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #64
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

so bracket + shipping from wayan is $80 + $30-40 for shipping to US?

to buy the special bracket or stick with the plain jane stock? decisions.

i will probably just buy the kit from racetech. no voltmeter or bracket for now.

Last futzed with by gt_turbo; May 25th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

Old May 25th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #65
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

gt_turbo, looks like our site is back up. I'll post a link and price to my new discounted package wen I make it, should be in the next couple of hours.

www.racetechelectric.com

Old May 25th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #66
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Alright, the best I can do the P&P kit, Speedo (RX-2) and Volt meter for is $418.86 after your forum discount. Waylan, do you think this price will end up cheaper with shipping than buying the kits straight from you? I'm trying to make an in country alternative to ordering the full kit from you to try and keep shipping costs down.

In order to get the listed price of $418.86, you have to go to this page and select the optional volt meter. At checkout enter NINJETTE in the coupon code box and hit enter. If this doesn't work for you, let me know what happens and I'll get it fixed.

link:

http://racetechelectric.com/i-890141...-250-250r.html

I used the pic of NathanUc's dash so you know this is the forum package to make it easier to find if your hunting for it. NathanUc, if you want me to remove the picture of your bike just let me know.

www.racetechelectric.com

Old May 25th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #67
Gunner
ninjette.org member

Seems like a good deal RaceTech, minus the custom bracket that puts all the pieces together nicely.

Is there a way you could take out the Koso board and sub in the custom one?
Also what are your shipping rates to Canada?

Old May 25th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #68
Gunner
ninjette.org member

Just read through the thread again and it seems like Wayanlam still has the better deal of $455 (including shipping and the board)

If I buy from RaceTech I'm looking at $418.86 + $80(Board) + Taxes + Shipping

Wayanlam could you send me a PM, i would like to buy this kit from you, Thanks

Old May 25th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #69
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Just read through the thread again and it seems like Wayanlam still has the better deal of $455 (including shipping and the board)

If I buy from RaceTech I'm looking at $418.86 + $80(Board) + Taxes + Shipping

Wayanlam could you send me a PM, i would like to buy this kit from you, Thanks
wayan's price does not include shipping.

Old May 25th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #70
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

We haven't shipped one of these kits to Canada yet so I'm not totally sure on how much it would cost. This is more of a deal for US customers that want to pay less in shipping to try and save some money. I think the cost to ship to Canada would be somewhere in the $30-$40 range depending on what box we decide to use.

If we can get 5-10 orders lined up I can probably lower the price more. So hit me up here or via PM and we can try and set something up.

www.racetechelectric.com

Old May 25th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #71
wayanlam

i have repeated myself so many times... but maybe its not clear enough on the thread:

the price im giving IS NOT including the shipping, lol

each time i ship it costs a little different due to the destination, or if the person wants it to be sent by regular post or DHL. so in the end i always keep that separate till after i get the shipping priced to your address.

Old May 26th, 2012, 06:03 AM   #72
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

LOL

Old August 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM   #73
usir
ninjette.org newbie

Name: usir

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2012

Hey wayanlam,

I want one, how can we do? Are you still fabricating it?
usir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2012, 11:46 PM   #74
wayanlam

hello Rafael,

ive only sourced these kits, am not the dude fabricating them, he he...

since i got raped by PayPal, i am reluctant to source goods from over here, international bank transfers are slow, expensive and complicated...

-----

there was a big shortage of the round koso voltmeters lately, but there is a shop i was just at on Monday that has one kit in stock~

price for the kit (RX2 speedo, Round volt meter, custom bracket, and P&P harness for carbed ninjas "NOT EFI") would be like $475, price went up a little since i bought the last kit, used to sell them for $450.

shipping to America is usually around 130 to 150 USD. not sure how much it would be to Brazil...

my bank charges $20 when i receive international transfers... so IF you want the full kit, and you want to do a bank transfer, it would cost you: $645 USD.

otherwise, i can just send you the custom bracket, that costs around $100 (plus $20 for bank charge) that is including shipping~ and then you have to get the Koso kit and volt meter locally.

hope that information helps~

W.

Old August 25th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #75
usir
ninjette.org newbie

Name: usir

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2012

Thanks Wayan! Only the brackets would be fine. It's a pity what happened with PayPal..

I was thinking, since international money transfer in really a PITA, what do you think about getting the money in the form of a Amazon/eBay/whatever gift card? Or actually any online stuff you want that would cost the same? I just think it's easier, but if you prefer the transfer I'll do it.
usir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #76
bandit_fosky
ninjette.org member

Name: darren

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 r

how much would u charge for a custom bracket shipped to united kingdom and what would the price be for normal custom and carbon fibre custom?

Last futzed with by bandit_fosky; September 9th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
bandit_fosky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #77
wayanlam

sorry, but for the moment ive stopped shipping anything out. I don't have pay pal anymore, and international bank transfers end up costing another +/- $50~ (between sender and receiver) on top of the price of the kit.

cheers,
W.

Old September 10th, 2012, 12:11 AM   #78
bandit_fosky
ninjette.org member

Name: darren

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 r

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
sorry, but for the moment ive stopped shipping anything out. I don't have pay pal anymore, and international bank transfers end up costing another +/- $50~ (between sender and receiver) on top of the price of the kit.

cheers,
W.
. Is there no way I can fat my hands on the custom bracket? Ivw been screwed over on PayPal before but still use it, it's still the cheapest and easyest option
bandit_fosky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #79
wayanlam

pay pal totally closed my account down, with almost two grand on it, and said "you can have your money back in around 6 months..."

my account is dead for ever, and if i create a new paypal account, i don't think i can sync it back to Credit Card, nor to my bank account (since they are linked to my old blocked account)... meaning that i wont be able to get any money out of PP, and i also wont be able to verify my account, since you need a CC or bank account linked to PP to do that i believe.

they fked me over because i tried to withdraw money from my account to a friends bank acc. in the US, (but it didn't work cos the acc has to be in the same country that its registered to, i forgot to delete her details...) and then when my friend opened her own PP acc, she forgot we put her acc details into my PP, and they warned her that "someone" was possibly trying to hack her acc. they didn't give her my name... since then she would have remembered, instead she freaked out and asked them to block me. which automatically made them lock down my acc... with that excuse they shut my PP acc completely. even though both my friend and i called and wrote to CS, explaining the mistake, they didn't care less. and just let me drop off their client list. i am still mad as hell about their cruddy company policies... specially since it was a practical way to send-receive money, and pay for things online.

so yeah, its not that i don't want to do this... i can't, lol

Old September 10th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #80
staulkor
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

That sucks. Paypal is very sketchy and I only use it whenever I have to and I never keep money in the account. I have heard some pretty terrible stories. Does Google allow Google Checkout merchant accounts in your country? It is similar to Paypal.
staulkor is offline   Reply With Quote