ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:28 PM   #41
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
You will also stay single with this mind set.

My hubby and I share one account for 80% of all our earnings. The rest goes to our car payments. He wanted a bike, I said awesome, then when I bought 3 in 3 yrs he didn't care. When he needs gear, I help pay for it. when I need stuff he helps. Its a loving and trusting relationship. You give you get. He works hard and so do I. Bills are always first and the kid is always considered, she has needs too.
If you find the right girl you won't need to worry about your money and what you can have. everything should be shared between both regardless of who earns/owns/wants what. You will want to make her happy and she should want you to be happy too. If not run away very fast.
But you are still to young to worry about all this, have fun and when the right one comes along you will have even more fun.
+1,

You seem to have a great set up. I'd definitely like to one day have something similar. I have trust issues with people (expect a few in my family), I never used to have trust issues until I started dating about 6 years ago, girls show me that it's impossible to trust 100% You wouldn't believe some of the stories I could tell you.

In retrospect those women have been in their late teens/early twenties so maybe they're not mature enough, who knows. Either way, like you said, I'm not planning on getting married until i'm at least 30+

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:29 PM   #42
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
You know what Alex, it never hurts be smart. We live a very dynamic universe where anything can change, I never had a relationship where the girl was ever 50/50 with me on anything, and I've been through heart break more than enough times to know that one day everything is great and then suddenly things change. Marriage has a 50% failure rate... I am not to the type of person to risk all my money for something that has a 50% failure rate.

Go ahead, insult me all you want for the decisions that I make. I really don't think highly enough of you to really care either way.
i believe you are misunderstanding my perspective.

but i believe you are also misunderstanding how successful relationships work.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:31 PM   #43
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i'm single right now though so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:40 PM   #44
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Yeah I think we all had our dealings with crazy ex's.
Danny, find a girl that works as hard as you do and loves the same things. I would hate to be single and dating in the world today.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:43 PM   #45
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
I would hate to be single and dating in the world today.
what, you don't think meeting some random person off the internet on the other side of the country is a good idea?

i should probably reevaluate my line of thinking...

...........haah!

Old September 23rd, 2014, 05:49 PM   #46
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
what, you don't think meeting some random person off the internet on the other side of the country is a good idea?

i should probably reevaluate my line of thinking...

...........haah!
Only if they need you to send $2750 now to get out of jail. They will pay you back.

Hell no! You know how hard it is to find a man that let's you out of the kitchen regularly.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:09 PM   #47
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Lol, this thread went from how to fix my lens, to disgruntled workers and acorns, to prenuptials, to finding your life partner.....epic
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2014, 07:00 PM   #48
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Man, this is why I would heavily consider getting prenup. Also if I was married my bank account would be seperate, I'd have bills to pay and as long as I get them paid and have an agreed amount of money going towards retirement,etc (whatever we decided on) then the extra money I have would be my business.
You're missing the point of what people are getting at with you here. If you're in a relationship where you have to lay down such precise ground rules, as you're so worried of your own financial risk if you can't trust them; the relationship isn't worth much in the first place. And in that case, ultimately, whatever ground rules are laid out won't be enough to save it.

The trick is to find someone where it isn't that hard. The trick is to gain enough education, experience, skills, and/or just all-around economic value that the worry about day-to-day expenses isn't what you choose to argue about as a couple. There are always going to be harder issues to deal with than the electric bill anyway.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 07:07 PM   #49
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You're missing the point of what people are getting at with you here. If you're in a relationship where you have to lay down such precise ground rules, as you're so worried of your own financial risk if you can't trust them; the relationship isn't worth much in the first place. And in that case, ultimately, whatever ground rules are laid out won't be enough to save it.

The trick is to find someone where it isn't that hard. The trick is to gain enough education, experience, skills, and/or just all-around economic value that the worry about day-to-day expenses isn't what you choose to argue about as a couple. There are always going to be harder issues to deal with than the electric bill anyway.
Well said. @Hero Danny, The only person you find that would submit to such a heavy set of rules is someone who's vulnerable and desperate, or someone who doesn't have any respect for themselves. And, if you pursue someone like that, you're a total scumbag.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:20 PM   #50
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAtom View Post
Well said. @Hero Danny, The only person you find that would submit to such a heavy set of rules is someone who's vulnerable and desperate, or someone who doesn't have any respect for themselves. And, if you pursue someone like that, you're a total scumbag.
lol, I would never pressure a girl into marrying me, that would be completely counter productive!

I wrote a long reply to argue the whole prenup thing but just ended up deleting it, it's pointless to argue it. We'll see how things pan out one day, if I ever got married and then got a divorce and lose my motorcycle, i'll be back here to yell at all of you! lol

Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:22 PM   #51
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
Lol, this thread went from how to fix my lens, to disgruntled workers and acorns, to prenuptials, to finding your life partner.....epic
hahaha, sorry about that!

It just drives me nuts to think about a girl controlling my spending, especially if I am reasonable with what I buy.

GET THE KOSO!!!! Just sell something to help fund it, how could she argue THAT?!?!

Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:44 PM   #52
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
hahaha, sorry about that!

It just drives me nuts to think about a girl controlling my spending, especially if I am reasonable with what I buy.

GET THE KOSO!!!! Just sell something to help fund it, how could she argue THAT?!?!
Oh I'm not complaining, just think it's hilarious. Most of my thread seem to go way off in other directions. I have been want the koso though. One thing about the 2012 that I didn't like was the old school gauges. The only other issue I see is not have the correct mileage on there anymore
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:54 PM   #53
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNasty View Post
Oh I'm not complaining, just think it's hilarious. Most of my thread seem to go way off in other directions. I have been want the koso though. One thing about the 2012 that I didn't like was the old school gauges. The only other issue I see is not have the correct mileage on there anymore
There's ways around that, it will recent your mileage to zero, but there is a way to make it increase.

I'm sure someone can chime in here and help.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:18 PM   #54
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
I believe you can request the mileage on the gauge if you buy it directly from the manufacturer. I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere here at some point anyway.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:32 PM   #55
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Yep, contact Koso directly. They can program it before it leaves the factory.

Check the group buys threads for "fan mode" to see how to fine tune it once you get it in.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote