Old July 9th, 2017, 08:12 AM   #41
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
Due to on going budget problems, 3 people were laid off in my division at Argonne National Lab today.

I was one of them.

Already looking at some different things, just a lot to get my head around at the moment.

keep me in your prayers.
lots of jobs in Augusta,Georgia. Good luck.

Old July 9th, 2017, 09:01 AM   #42
Rifleman
Old and slow

Name: Lohman

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki TL1000R, Honda CBR600F3, Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
lots of jobs in Augusta,Georgia. Good luck.
Yeah, nailed down a job at the SRS so should be good to go. Looks like a 15 year gig, and I should be able to retire at that point.

plus only about a 4 hour ride to the Dragon and +1.5 months in the fall, +1.5 Months in the spring so my winter is only about a month or so long now.

Old July 9th, 2017, 09:13 AM   #43
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
Quote:
Yeah, nailed down a job at the SRS so should be good to go. Looks like a 15 year gig, and I should be able to retire at that point.

plus only about a 4 hour ride to the Dragon and +1.5 months in the fall, +1.5 Months in the spring so my winter is only about a month or so long now.
drop me a line, i'm right down the road in augusta. my pops retired from there. we some nice rides up by lake thurmond/clarks hill. looking for a riding bud for a dragon trip(never been)

Old October 11th, 2017, 02:07 AM   #44
Rifleman
Old and slow

Ok, quick up date, things are busy and as much as I like to goof off on line, not the same amount of time ATM

Sold my house in Illinois, 20 days on the market and it was under contract, just got to get it closed and all will be good.

at that point I will start looking for a place in S.C. that is suited for me, I really want to be able to shoot in my back yard and have a shop where I can work on the bikes and store all the tools.

this will be the very first time I will buy a house for me... just me, not a family or what have you... it will fit me and the cat.

The job is wonderful, everyone who told me that a lay off is an open door to something awesome was absolutely correct.

More info as I have it, I'll try not to be a stranger but work hours and accepted website surfing at work are different now.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:09 AM   #45
Rifleman
Old and slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
drop me a line, i'm right down the road in augusta. my pops retired from there. we some nice rides up by lake thurmond/clarks hill. looking for a riding bud for a dragon trip(never been)
Absolutly, need someone who knows the area, about all I've done is drive from the place i'm staying to the SRS... I know there are some roads that need to be given the "biz-nazty-azz"

I've got to get a house, and then move all my shop tools including the TLR down here and then things will get interesting.

Shoot me a PM with contact info, I'll get back to you

Old October 11th, 2017, 02:45 AM   #46
maverick9611

MOTM - Feb '18
Quote:
Absolutly, need someone who knows the area, about all I've done is drive from the place i'm staying to the SRS... I know there are some roads that need to be given the "biz-nazty-azz"

I've got to get a house, and then move all my shop tools including the TLR down here and then things will get interesting.

Shoot me a PM with contact info, I'll get back to you
cool beans.
are you gonna live in carolina or georgia?easier to get to srs from carolina. many live in aiken area. new ellington is right near one of the gates to srs.
presently i'm apart right now on a airbox removal/pod install tuning binge. just finished valve/shim adjust and float adjust(lean spot near redline)waiting on valve cover hold down washer/oring b4 testing some more. we will make a run to the dragon for sure.(4.5 hours away)
ps carolina dragway close by too!awesome grudge racing.