ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old September 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #81
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

I posted this so SAIL can use it as a Scare Tactic!

The guy just got his motorcycle license as stated in there! Couple that with a powerful fast bike, no EXP, just a typical or

I hope his Nephew will rethink things over and get a 250R and Ride to live, Live to ride! ya know.

ZX-10R lets say hes doing 155 MPH, cause his Busa friend is ahead of him pulling away... and feels the need to 'keep up'. Then the same thing happens or sumin within a very close call... then thinks to himself ,"If i had a 250R..."

ya dig?

and Yes, being on a 250R dont in fact make you 'safer' but.... you cant go over 100 MPH, you Cant accelarate as Fast as a Busa/ZX10R.... so maybe thats enuff to allow him to live another day and such?

anyhow, SAIL hey man, i hope you show him this and remind him to start off with something slower in a bike. He doesnt need to sell it, but if hes got the money to get a 250R, great... ride with him on his 250R and teach him the Proper ways of being a motorcyclist. See if his friends would be interested in all going for a nice,easy going, FUN ride together, with you leading or sumin?

not everyone is the same, when it comes to riding with a certain age group! I for one dont care what ages ppl are, im 32, djbeers is 56, rage42 is 28, sugarbear (shes 29 ), we all had a BLAST during our trip to Hell, Mi. Not for one min did it feel 'odd' or such riding with SB or dave! Also dave & SB, weve all hung out several times and have fun!

hope this helps man, take care!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #82
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Dave, Wish I could. The whole family has told me to butt out and has even accused me of harassment. Their precious son is 24 and if he wants to go "Zoom Splat!", it is his God given right. We are dealing with Libertarians bordering on anarchist. Nobody tells them what to do. Helmets? You must be joking. Protective clothing? How absurd. They feel they have the right to become brain dead, get road rash over 90% of their bodies, and have society foot the bill. There is no reasoning with people of that ilk. I meant well and tried to give this 24 year old some guidance since I have been riding 50 years. Hey, us old guys don`t know anything---we should just sit in our rocking chairs and rot (at least that`s his opinion) That`s OK since he will never reach my age OR my level of physical conditioning. I seriously doubt that he can get on a bicycle and ride 100 miles. I have no problem doing that at age 68 and have a 74 year old friend who rides with me. We ride at least 100 miles a week. This kid will either do a job on himself with the ZX10R or the Big Mac diet he is on. After all, he has a right to commit suicide on the installment plan. That`s the Libertarian way.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #83
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

sail, sorry to hear all that man! Well then i guess some ppl just need to live to become an Example for others to Learn from i guess! Kids at those ages these days, just dont care or anything. Sad but true! Now im young, but when i was in my early 20's, if my grandpa or uncle would give me advice or share their experiences, i would listen & try too learn sumin from them! How old are his parents? mine are 55 & 52, yet i was raised the old school ways. It seems parents now a days no matter if their in their 30s,40,50s some just dont really care what happens and stuff. Their the kinda ppl that shouldnt have had kids, since their too 'busy' working a ton, doing more 'important things' other then making sure they raise them in the right ways and teaching them, also Being there for them! Oppps this is turning into a Rant!!!! :hehe:
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #84
killerkay3
=°°=

Name: Imran

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Yamaha R6 / 2008 Green Ninja 250 (Sold)

wow a noob on a zx10r, dont see this ending to well
killerkay3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #85
Sailariel

Dave, Parents are probably in their late 50s. The problem is that they have a kid they never denied anything. I should have seen it coming. He`s got the IROC-Z Camaro, the designer clothes--all the external trappings and no depth. Everything is superficial. I feel sorry for him--all that stuff-and an insatiable need to prove something (He doesn`t even know what)

Old September 18th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #86
NoobNinja
WTFBBQ?!

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

i personally think that a zx10r is too big for a beginner bike. not only the power that it has but the touchyness of the throttle and how easy it is to get the front end up. i've rode a 750 quite a bit and for me that is more than enough bike. i've been on the 250 and already had the front and rear locked up trying to stop and this is a light bike and wasnt going (that) fast. now i wonder how that would've been if i was on a heavier bike going faster. every rider in the world has opened up a bike at some point and most of us have had to come to a quick stop. an inexperienced rider on a big bike is just not a good idea and with his friends who are in the i need a big bike phase trying to teach a nooby. that is trouble waiting to happen. his friends on the busa and whatever else they have arent toting around town doing the speed limit. they're most likely flying around and the new guy will want to be cool and keep up. sounds to me like another knuckle head kid that thinks he can do anything. your best bet is to talk to him. and if he walks away full nelson his ass and make him listen. show him pictures online of motorcycle crashes and the severity of it all. this is another whole different ball game with bigger consequences for messing up. there is less margin for error than in a car. be assertive about it and dont take no for an answer. worst comes to worse, grab his key when he isnt looking.

Old September 18th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #87
Sailariel

Mark, I have been riding for 50 years and I am in no way ready for a ZX10R or any other Literbike. Sure, I can ride one, but one small misjudgement can become a disaster in a nanosecond. In my view, these bikes are designed for the pros and your expert riders. I am totally ignorant of the rules--but my suspicion is that there is a similar philosophy in play here as it is with "Production" sports cars (the kind that do Le Mans) The manufacturer has to make X number of these machines available to the public in order to qualify as a production car. I don`t know if that, or something similar applies to 600`s, SuperMoto, etc. I suspect that someone on this forum will educate me in good time---always room to learn. Incidentally, were I to get a new machine because I wanted to do some serious touring, my choice would be the Kawa 650 (Green, of course)

Old September 18th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #88
Justanothermp5
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

steal the bike when he's asleep

problem solved

Old September 18th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #89
Sailariel

Problem has been solved about two weeks or so ago. I was told to stay out of it---and I have.

Old September 18th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #90
Justanothermp5
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

ouch..sorry to hear that man

even though you had good intentions

Old September 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #91
Sailariel