ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old December 5th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #81
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
teehee

Old December 16th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #82
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Captains Log, star-date 201312160911.

shes got a plate now so i fixed up the leaky cooling system, threw a different front rotor on and rode her home last night. it was the first long distance ride shes had so a couple unexpected things came up.

firstly i forgot to plug up all the holes in the gas tank for the old charcoal evap system. so i spilled some gas and screwed up a few spots of paint unfortunately.
also the clutch cover gasket i made didn't hold up well enough and its leaking some oil. not enough to be an issue for the bike but enough to be an issue for my floor so a new clutch cover gasket (a real one this time) is going on the list.

it wasn't the best ride i have to say. the rear shock isn't setup very well (too stiff, also damping too high need to turn that down, and the height is too low- needs shorter dog bones by about half an inch) and the front springs are a bit too soft, it needs preload adjusters and a bit thicker oil in front.

also i need to adjust the shift linkage a bit as its kinda hard to shift at the moment.

it's got the yoshi pipe with tuned carbs but unfortunately the air filter is still dirty and needs to be replaced with a kn hiflo (what the carbs were tuned for) so it's down on torque for now but seems alright. engine felt good, sounded pretty good. the power system seemed to be charging well, though i need to look into why my tach light was flickering. i think just the connection to it on the instrument panel is the issue.

the frame seems to be ok. i don't think i got it exactly right, i set the rear tire to stock alignment with the swingarm but its not quite right to the front wheel so i think the front end is still slightly off because it likes to track off center. it could just be the trail position with the incorrect rear height combination with the changed front end. but either way i think i have it close enough that i will be able to get a reasonably decent alignment with the rear and adjust for any vertical angle issues with the triples and bones. i need to go double check all the welds again but i took it over some reasonably rough roads and it seemed alright. hopefully all the welds are still in good shape. it took turns fine though the rear tire needs to be replaced (old 003rs take-off past its prime) although turning to the left would spill gas out onto the tire which would give random little slides.... probably great for the rubber having gas on it. thank my lucky stars i didn't randomly catch on fire. that would have been an experience.

Old December 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #83
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote