Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Comin' up on 6 months waiting...

Old December 11th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #242
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

so here's the deal.....

Here's what's going on. Paypal froze my account last monday without any prior warning. Unfortunately, monday i was planning on sending the funds to paul. when i contacted paypal, they asked me about my "business" and how it operates. i explained that i'm the middle man between customers and the supplier to save on shipping costs, etc. i explained that customers are aware that i do not stock inventory and that the wait to receive product from the time payment is made can range from 30-60 days. obviously, a few of you have been waiting much longer due to delays that are beyond my control. paypal freaked and said my "business model" "poses too much risk" and closed me account indefinitely. as a result, i could not send funds to paul, or withdraw them and then send using an alternate method. my only option was to refund customers - which has been done. i've come up with an alternate payment method and am awaiting repayment. once i have these funds, i will get them to paul immediately. paul is aware of the situation, i have pleaded with him to ship everything to prevent further delay as you guys have been waiting too long as it is. i assured him i would submit funds asap. you would think after all the effort i've put in to generate sales for paul, and the fact that i've already handled 2 shipments for him that i would have earned his trust. at this point he has not gotten back to me - i have not heard from him since 12/6. please continue to be patient, understanding that i am doing everything i can to get this done. you guys are my #1 concern when it comes to Shinto USA and it makes me sick to my stomach to think that delays on the supply side have tarnished my reputation on this great forum.

as soon as i hear from paul i will update everyone. should he deny my request and require payment before shipping, i anticipate getting individual orders to your doors by the beginning of january at the latest - obviously sooner if he agrees - which is what i am waiting on at this point.

i am grateful to all of you who have placed orders, and i cannot thank you enough for your continued patience and understanding.

happy holidays......

Old December 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #243
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Vince, stop taking new orders until this gets worked out.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old December 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #244
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Thank you for a complete update/explanation Vince. I know this is 10x more stressful for you as the frontman for this happening, between all the customers getting grumpy and snafu you can't control on the supply end. For what it's worth, this is not the longest wait I've had for merchandise.

I sincerely hope all the growing pains are being taken care of upfront and once things get rolling they go smoothly for everyone. Just remember: there's a reason someone came up with Murphy's Law.

Old December 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #245
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I have to agree.

Old December 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #246
ninja250quebec
ninjette.org member

Name: michel

Motorcycle(s): nina 250 2009

Not just you Vince.....

We can not pay Paul with paypal for purchases on ebay.
He accept only Moneybookers.com.

We can not buy from Paul on ebay.ca

Just take a look on is feedback on ebay and you understand why !!

Old December 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #247
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

1) how many more still need to "repay" as of now?
2) what if they decided to back out and not saying? We sit here and wait forever?
3) For 50% of us who have already paid (fund transferred to Paul), can we have that shipment go out first? Cuz not sure when this shipment is going to break ground now...

Old December 11th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #248
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Any idea why they just upped and froze it in the first place.

Old December 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #249
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250quebec View Post
We can not pay Paul with paypal for purchases on ebay.
He accept only Moneybookers.com.

We can not buy from Paul on ebay.ca

Just take a look on is feedback on ebay and you understand why !!
HE has to accept Paypal. It is ebay rules as far as I know. If your implying that you may be the reason why he won't sell to the Canadians, then you really must have a done one hell of a song and dance.

Old December 11th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #250
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmiff View Post
Any idea why they just upped and froze it in the first place.
Bc of the business practice imposes too much risk for Paypal which in turn has to protect the customers (buyers)

Old December 11th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #251
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
Bc of the business practice imposes too much risk for Paypal which in turn has to protect the customers (buyers)
But they wouldn't have known any off that at the initial first freezing of the account. It would have just been large $$ transfers from Person A to Person B.

Old December 11th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #252
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

look, it is what it is. i'm doing everything i can to get this shipment on the way - customers who need to re-submit payment are in the process of doing so. the ball is rolling the right direction. i won't rest until everyone has their stuff.

thanks.....

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #253
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

I agree with John. Why can't Paul just ship the items that have already been paid for. you told me you didn't have my money to refund to me, which means Paul has my money, so there is no reason for him to delay my order or others who have paid for items that are waiting to be shipped. he doesn't care about us, so honestly, I don't care about saving him shipping costs. he should send it out immediately.

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #254
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

i don't disagree - but there's not a lot i can do. he seems to be responding to john's emails, but not mine. maybe if you guys start emailing him it would be more effective. by no means am i passing the buck here - you ordered through me, i'll do the work to get this done. that being said, i'm still waiting to hear from him.....

paul's email:

support@shinto-racing.com

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM   #255
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Quote:
1) how many more still need to "repay" as of now?
2) what if they decided to back out and not saying? We sit here and wait forever?
3) For 50% of us who have already paid (fund transferred to Paul), can we have that shipment go out first? Cuz not sure when this shipment is going to break ground now...

These questions were never answered.

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #256
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

1) 3 people
2) all have confirmed they will be proceeding with their orders and checks are in the mail
3) i've pleaded with paul to do just that, haven't heard from him. there's not really any way i can "make" him do anything.......

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #257
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Suggestion: Put up a list of people who have paid and are waiting, and for what parts.

Vince, did you entire all the funds to him? Why is Paul waiting on you? Was there some funds that weren't wired?

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #258
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Suggestion: Put up a list of people who have paid and are waiting, and for what parts.

Vince, did you entire all the funds to him? Why is Paul waiting on you? Was there some funds that weren't wired?
not gonna put people out there for everyone to see - they know who they are.

situation is explained in post #242

i'm waiting on paul - he hasn't responded to my emails in a week.....

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #259
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Just tell him that that's it for Oct/nov order and to ship those out (paid items).
Those who are sending you funds will be on next order. Kind of pointless to sit here and wait.

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #260
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Vince, these are the risks I PM'd you about. You're getting well over your head without the proper business know-how.

You want Paul to send you products out of good faith and out of his own money? Although, I agree the ones paid should be sent but maybe his rule was bulk orders only to save on shipping costs...IDK. Only you do.

Have you resolved the issues with Paypal yet? That should be your #1 priority right now so your customers can get the products. The customers shouldn't have to get involved in this. This is between you and the vendors, and you making sure the customers are taken care of. The customers shouldn't have to email the vendor.

This is why I suggested YOU fork out your own money, wait for the products to arrive then resell (get a resell permit) just like every business vendor does in its initial trial. You can't go around saying you're a distributor when you have no legal paperwork to back it up let alone the logistic know-how of conducting business internationally.

Old December 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #261
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Quote:
Just tell him that that's it for Oct/nov order and to ship those out (paid items).
Those who are sending you funds will be on next order. Kind of pointless to sit here and wait.
done that - waiting to hear from him......

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #262
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

FWIW, I sent Paul an email. I'll let you know if he responds.

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #263
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by want1sobad View Post
done that - waiting to hear from him......
Thanks

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #264
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Quote:
Vince, these are the risks I PM'd you about. You're getting well over your head without the proper business know-how.

You want Paul to send you products out of good faith and out of his own money? Although, I agree the ones paid should be sent but maybe his rule was bulk orders only to save on shipping costs...IDK. Only you do.

Have you resolved the issues with Paypal yet? That should be your #1 priority right now so your customers can get the products. The customers shouldn't have to get involved in this. This is between you and the vendors, and you making sure the customers are taken care of. The customers shouldn't have to email the vendor.

This is why I suggested YOU fork out your own money, wait for the products to arrive then resell (get a resell permit) just like every business vendor does in its initial trial. You can't go around saying you're a distributor when you have no legal paperwork to back it up let alone the logistic know-how of conducting business internationally.
people know i'm not positioning myself as a business - i've been VERY upfront since day one that i'm simply a middle man to save people shipping costs. paypal is a done deal, everyone has gotten their money back. i don't expect customers to get involved - i understand it's my responsibility, but thanks for reminding me. paul seems to be replying to john tran's emails, but not mine. i merely suggested that customers begin emailing him directly as that may provide paul with the necessary motivation.

i'm not going to respond to your comment about fronting the money and representing myself as something that i'm not due to the fact that everyone know's better and i find it insulting to say the least.

as someone who has received a refund and isn't waiting on an order i'm not sure why you feel the need to chime in.

lastly, let me remind everyone that products can be ordered through paul directly although my prices are lower and include shipping.

thanks.....

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #265
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
people know i'm not positioning myself as a business - i've been VERY upfront since day one that i'm simply a middle man to save people shipping costs. paypal is a done deal, everyone has gotten their money back. i don't expect customers to get involved - i understand it's my responsibility, but thanks for reminding me. paul seems to be replying to john tran's emails, but not mine. i merely suggested that customers begin emailing him directly as that may provide paul with the necessary motivation.
Advertising yourself as the ShintoUSA distributor and taking orders is proclaiming yourself as a business co.

Quote:
i'm not going to respond to your comment about fronting the money and representing myself as something that i'm not due to the fact that everyone know's better and i find it insulting to say the least.
Emotions and business do not go hand in hand.

Quote:
as someone who has received a refund and isn't waiting on an order i'm not sure why you feel the need to chime in.
Should we not look out for each other?

Quote:
lastly, let me remind everyone that products can be ordered through paul directly although my prices are lower and include shipping.

thanks.....
Kinda sucks you have to throw that out there. Everyone knows they want the best deal possible including myself.

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #266
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

FWIW, I think you're doing the best possible job you can considering the circumstances. But I think it could be that much better is all I'm saying.

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #267
randomwalk101
self wrencher

I think at this point, customers should emailing Paul (shinto) directly and requesting him to send out the shipment. I think this is best to calm people down and those who have been waiting for a long time (even since last shipment) to get their orders instead of more "waiting". This will certainly help his business & customer relationship in the long run. If this type of needless delays continue, I think people will start complaining and soon new & old customers will just walk away from Shinto all together.

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #268
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

I emailed Paul to get a better understanding of the situation and see if I can help out using my connections.

It sounds like there's two sides to the story.

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #269
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

when a potential customer contacts me to place an order, i am very clear to advise them that i do not stock inventory. they know BEFORE making payment that everything is done via bulk shipment and that the wait time is 30-60 days before they can expect to receive their purchase. obviously, the current situation is different due to circumstances beyond my control (primarily on paul's end).

of course everyone wants to best deal possible, which is why i stepped up and started Shinto USA to begin with. Paul's products are great, but who wants to pay $30-$50 bucks for shipping when you order from him directly? I'm doing this for YOU GUYS - paul doesn't pay me, i don't get free products.

i'm done defending myself here, everyone know's i won't rest until their order is delivered.

btw nemesis, i'm asking paul to send me your black rearsets COD as a favor to you......remember?

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #270
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Quote:
I think at this point, customers should emailing Paul (shinto) directly and requesting him to send out the shipment. I think this is best to calm people down and those who have been waiting for a long time (even since last shipment) to get their orders instead of more "waiting". This will certainly help his business & customer relationship in the long run. If this type of needless delays continue, I think people will start complaining and soon new & old customers will just walk away from Shinto all together.
thank you john, i couldn't agree more. this is my fear as well....

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #271
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Vince, again try not to take this personally although I'm sure it's hard to do. We all know what you're doing (and everyone thanks you for it, including myself) but like I said there are ways to make it go much smoother.

I don't know what your exclusive deal is with Paul (I'm not talking about getting paid by Paul) but...

...I'll PM you to see if I can help you.

I guess in the end I want some of his products as much as the next guy but not willing to pay and wait for so long. Again, thanks for your work.

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #272
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
This is what I tried to express in my email. Hopefully Paul will get the point.

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #273
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Quote:
Vince, again try not to take this personally although I'm sure it's hard to do. We all know what you're doing (and everyone thanks you for it, including myself) but like I said there are ways to make it go much smoother.

I don't know what your exclusive deal is with Paul (I'm not talking about getting paid by Paul) but...

...I'll PM you to see if I can help you.

I guess in the end I want some of his products as much as the next guy but not willing to pay and wait for so long. Again, thanks for your work.
thanks john, sorry to get heated - i do take it personal as my integrity, reliability, honesty, etc are important to me. it's frustrating to think people may feel i'm full of bs, trying to mislead them, etc. there's no exclusivity between paul and i, i'm just a guy trying to do a good thing for the menbers of this forum. i appreciate any advice you can offer to smooth things out moving forward. Shinto USA has turned into a mess due to issues on the supply side of things......

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #274
scotty
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Vince, I hope everything will work out. You are a good guy, but Paul is making your job very ruff. I hope he can get things going smoothly again! Maybe a supplier in the states is what needs to come to make Shinto-Racing grow and be a stong company!

Old December 13th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #275
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I also agree with Alex that new order to Shinto should stop and wait until Paul to clear all outstanding orders before proceeding. There are orders that have been backed up since the previous shipment. I fail to see why Paul take this so lightly. I mean who would want to wait 3 months or so for something that you would otherwise receive in a week if ordered locally.

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #276
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Quote:
I also agree with Alex that new order to Shinto should stop and wait until Paul to clear all outstanding orders before proceeding. There are orders that have been backed up since the previous shipment. I fail to see why Paul take this so lightly. I mean who would want to wait 3 months or so for something that you would otherwise receive in a week if ordered locally.
couldn't agree more......these are the questions i ask myself everyday....

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #277
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

everyone's support and understanding is appreciated.

thank you all so much.

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #278
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

In my opinion, it's not you Vince I don't trust, it's Paul. The fact that he is half way around the world scares me, cause really, if he doesn't come through, there's nothing I can really do about it. For me, everything's riding on Paul, since you already forwarded my money to him. So for me, all I can do is wait and hope that he does ship my items. hopefully soon.

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #279
randomwalk101
self wrencher

I don't think Paul is going to scam us...especially on a few dollars to ruin a business. Because if it is true, word of mouth will spread and no one is going to order anything from Shinto anymore...especially when many people are on multiple forums and word can spread quickly.

I think as this point, Paul is waiting for Vince to get the rest of the payment in. Vince and everyone else, just need to make it clear to Paul that all additional orders have been refunded. Paul just need to ship what is paid & clear out all previous outstanding orders. Have to make it clear somehow so Paul will understand this.

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #280
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

john,

that point has been made ABUNDANTLY clear - paul hasn't emailed me in a week.......

Closed Thread