Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old May 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #241
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

Awesome. What time? 11?

Would work for me.
I have to go to the car wash first. Little ninja is a filthy girl right now. LOL
TmP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #242
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Hi, suns out now! still windy and cold.

DTE was just here.... a tree fell onto our power/cable lines 25 ft' from my house!!!

Called them at 930am this morning, cable tv and power glitched for afew secs then came back on. I looked outside at the power lines... noticed a tree slumped over, still leaning on the Lines!

Yep... from my work EXP, it was a ASH tree. Dead, core was rotted and huge carpenter ants all over. Emerald ash boar killed the skim-coating of the tree, ants move in (trees DEF's are down) and start eating and making a home in it!

So oh 645pm DTE comes finally... 930am i called em.... 7pm they finally get here? DTE blows!!! I bitched over the phone to the lady to get them over within 20mins b4 the wind helps the weight of the tree finish snapping the power lines and ****! I wouldnt be as worried if the tree wasnt 20-25 ft' from the corner of the house man!

So...

Tomorrow im working 6am till ??? 10am maybe.

Sure Id love to have us met up and do a ride out on Holly again! Dawn will come too i think.

Carol you in? You could ride Utica rd to Hall rd, and we could met up with you at Hall/Mound rd (Joe dumars fieldhouse). Then we take Hall rd out to matt & tommy!

Tomorrow says:

High 59F

Mostly SUNNY!

Winds 10-15 MPH.
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #243
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

So we meet at 11 at the 59 McD then?
This is gonna be fun!
4 250s on middle is gonna be wild

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #244
ScorpionNinja

dunno just yet tom.

I called carol and left a msg, but sure so far it looks like it'll be you,mat,dawn and I (2-up)

11am MCD's ummm sounds like a plan, but my work on weekends... 6am to 9am ish.... with these winds... if a tree or 2 came down Ill have to stay after and make sure its cut up and cleaned up b4 we can go home!

I have your number, so ill call you,matt,carol tomorrow morning as im LEAVING WORK... then ill have to get home, get dawn and i ready AND do a Bike Check! Then its gonna take some time for us to get to M59/MCDS!!!

So 11am sounds the earliest for me.

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #245
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Sounds like it'll work though

Tomorrow there shouldn't be any storms, so no fallen trees.

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #246
ScorpionNinja

Oh BTW,

I bought a K&N filter off Ebay afew days ago. Got it today!

Free shipping, man that was fast! 2-3 days it only took!

Gonna go out now and put it in my Nate! Anyone want my old OEM filter, for a spare?

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #247
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Thanks, but no thanks
My sportisi is in the mail

My Sato frame sliders came in today, but it's so damn cold, I don't feel like wrenching.

Old May 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #248
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

cool, call me with a time to meet you at the squirrel lake road area
rage42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #249
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmP View Post
Sounds like it'll work though

Tomorrow there shouldn't be any storms, so no fallen trees.
Thats tomorrow, when i go into work Sun morning well have to see if any Trees FELL over today (SAT) from all those winds!

2 yrs ago, on 4th of July, we had 2 HUGE Willow trees uproot and fell onto one of the Greens! Had to not only cut em up and haul the trees away, but had to fix the Green. We had to bust out the sodcutter and cut a bunch of sod from our nursery, nearly used all the Greens sod up!

Then 2 weeks later we had Irrigation issues, cuz the trees deep roots, when they fell over, ****ed up and cracked the irrigation pipes (PVC 80 scale) thus Not watering that Green and it burnt up quite abit.

We got it back under control, and 2 weeks the green was healthy as it was early May!

So i pray the course isnt too messy Sun morning, or else Ill have to skip the ride, if all takes too long!

Old May 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #250
ScorpionNinja

What McD's on M59? M59 and what road, about???

Old May 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #251
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

M59 and Milford. From there it's a straight shot to fun roads.
So who's gonna come?
I don't want to hang there ad nobody shows LOL

Old May 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #252
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Today was fun. Thanks guys.
Next time don't let me wait for an hour though LOOL

Had fun with the big rocket guys as well.
They were on the mellow side as far as cornering goes though

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #253
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Today was fun. Thanks guys.
Next time don't let me wait for an hour though LOOL

Had fun with the big rocket guys as well.
They were on the mellow side as far as cornering goes though
Heh, how was rochester rd north from where we left you, to go home?
Still cracks and such in the roads during the curves?

That dude on the ninja needs a new back rim!
Im suprized that rear tire sealed at all or doesnt have a slow leak!

Well today i stayed after work and changed my Oil.
I dumped out the Rotella T 5w-40, and put in AMSOIL 10w-40 advanced synthetic.

Rode around for 25 miles. Shifting seems as smooth as the Rotella T, but Im much more comfy with the new Oil. I grow warry of the Rotella T... "diesel trucks".

I hit 7,000 miles today!

Im gonna go for a short ride around my area, sence the next few days show RAIN AND CRAP!!!

ttyl

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #254
ScorpionNinja

Tom, about waiting..

Heh, when i talked to Matt when i was leaving work, i told him to tell YOU that 12 noon was gonna be the time most likely i could met up with you guys.

I posted on here that 11am start time is "IFY" as the course was messy as hell from those heavy winds SAT, so it took us longer then normal to punch outta work.

Sorry i forgot to CALL your cell when i left work, but figured since matt and you both have TEXTING (i dont) he would let ya know, whats going on!

This weekend shows Nicer weather, well see when SAT/SUN gets here.
I say we plan for that IRISH HILLS ride!!! Betty,Dawn & I, Carol, Matt, RON?, Tom... should be a nice bigger group if all can go!!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS MAY 23rd, SUNDAY!

HELL MI. "Blessing of the bikes"
Held at Hellscreek Ranch.

After we hang there for 2 hours or so, well then Hit the Curvy roads outside of Hell, through Pinckney, stockridge,etc!!!

Betty or Carol needs the GPS, As i dont have one! (their too pricey for me)

Old May 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #255
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

The twisties north of the parking lot we split up were nice.
Blacktop isn't new, but still good enough.
I was prepared to get my ass handled by the bigger bikes, but after 2 corners I was the leader of the pack LOOOL That was fun

This weekend could work.
Irish hills is south of hell, right?
So we could do the hell twisties on the way? Is that the plan?

As far as waiting goes: I was at the McD at 12, you guys showed at 1245 I think...
IT WAS COOOOLD

Old May 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM   #256
rage42
ninjette.org member

kept you updated the best i could, you didnt even see my last page until we were there

Old May 11th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #257
ScorpionNinja

Well yesterday after I got home from work and a short ride. I took off for another local ride.
Man it really really sucks there isnt any good curvy/twisty roads near me (or any us) that have posted speed limits of 50MPH+
Most are slow roads with curves and 35MPH... that to enjoy the cornering of the ninja... have to speed alil!
With that Im always looking and worried about getting a ticket for going 15 over... I know, save that for track days. I cant afford to do track days Once a month or each weekend like some of the others on this fourm can.

Carol i tried to find that KKK bar n grill off 24 mile and romeo plank.... its not there. If i remb right, last summer during a solo ride, i remb passing a building with some type of KKK off North Ave. 28-30 mile road!!

The most FUN curve thats the closest to me is, While heading NORTHEAST on Callens road (south of 23mile) right before you hit the trafficlight at 23mile & Callens, theres a NICE "15 MPH" Sharpe L.
Then after you go across 23mile it becomes Baker. Well maybe 1/4 mile northbound on Baker, theres a FUN S curve, but be careful, most of the time theres gravel and rocks on the road from stupid cagers!

Yesterday after i got bored and the sun was coming down, i passed a elementary school. I pulled into the parking lot (100% empty) and rode around it slowly looking for rocks,gravel,cracks,etc!
It looked pretty smooth and nice, so i started to PRACTICE S turns and anything i could remb from my MSF class. i then had some FUN zipping around the parking lot in a oval like a race track! 3-4th gear and Leaning the bike over as far as I felt comfy. Still working on breaking in the new rear tire i have, I felt it was time to work on getting rid of the NUBs on the sidewalls!

Kept doing Oval curves using the whole parking lot going Left afew times, then going Right. I was doing maybe 35 MPH the whole time and these IRCs never felt like they were slipping.

I tried accelerating hard up to 4th... then Stop on a dime between afew parking lines, but then remain upright and then go into a slow sharpe S turn, while dragging the rear brake to maintain control, staying between more parking lines.
Afew times I had to put 1 foot down to keep from falling over. Hey, I havent done these kinda moves since 2 years ago at the MSF class.

So, this brings me to a NEW Michigan Riders Idea!!!

I would like to gather afew of us, and SET a Weekly or Bi-weekly Time to met at a parking lot and just spend afew Hours doing MSF type stuff... and If ppl feel like it... Do 250R wheelies or "Stunt'in". LOL

Any age person, any type of motorcycle will be accepted. As this is just a means to gather and have fun, also LEARN (or re-learn) some Skills.

So what do you guys say?

Carol, maybe bettys friends Interested during those Dinner dates?
Id love to get tips and stuff from the more Exp'd motorcyclist that you guys know. As long as they arent 250R haters! lol

ttyl

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #258
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Hey, Dave!
Yeah, I was lurking online Slow day at work...
The dinner tomorrow is at Romeo Plank & 25 Mile. It's called the Kit Kat Klub. Looks like it will be dry tomorrow, so we should have a few bikes show up. You and Dawn are welcome to come. No worries. No 250 haters in our BMW group. I show up quite often on the Ninja!

One place I practice my MSF stuff is at Macomb Community College in the south lot off Martin Rd. They have MSF classes there on the weekend, so there is a nice course painted with S curves and all the fun stuff already. (Including the dreaded "figure 8 box". ) We could likely do some practice runs during the week. Good idea to try those low speed maneuvers while NOT in traffic

Betty has taken me out on a few fun roads close by. Try Nook Rd. off 29 in Algonac, or Rattle Run Rd north off Gratiot. Not sure what town that would be, but you can prolly mapquest and find it.

Anyway, looks like we might get lucky and have some decent weather this weekend. I'm going to Lansing on Saturday. And I think Betty and I are doing some riding maybe this Sunday. Let me know if you guys wanna come play!

I think Matt mentioned he could put together a ride in his area for this weekend too. Hey - Matt, what up???

We still need to do the Irish Hills soon
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #259
ScorpionNinja

Im looking at a Rear tire hugger for my bike. Some Scott guy on ebay has one for sale, unpainted for like $70.00!!!

So after looking at the thread that has Pics on here about this Scott guys huggers... it got me thinking. If i paint it myself, WTF i match the color of my sunbeam red?

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-colo...TOKEN=96914840

Link to our 2009 bikes color codes! BAM!

but OUCH, $33 for a paint spray CAN??? geeeeshhh

Old May 11th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #260
DarkStar
ninjette.org member

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

[QUOTE=ScorpionNinja;167319]
So, this brings me to a NEW Michigan Riders Idea!!!

I would like to gather afew of us, and SET a Weekly or Bi-weekly Time to met at a parking lot and just spend afew Hours doing MSF type stuff... and If ppl feel like it... Do 250R wheelies or "Stunt'in". LOL

Any age person, any type of motorcycle will be accepted. As this is just a means to gather and have fun, also LEARN (or re-learn) some Skills.

So what do you guys say?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just another possible location for your idea:

Stoney Creek High School located at: 575 Tienken Rd. in Rochester Hills.
- This is where I took my course the lot is fairly nice and marked for MSF. Since you can view from main roads it may not be cool to do wheelies and "stunt" (just as long as you go first )

Also for $33.00 for a can of paint ... just make sure your in a nice non-ventilated area to get your moneys worth
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #261
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

MSF?

If you want to try how your Ninja handles through corners try rocking the beaver
75 / big beaver clover leaf. Very nice. I got rid of my chicken strips on there.
I really like the roads we did last weekend.
Those are the only ones I know that are that "twisty" around here.
Between all the lakes south of 59 and west of 75 there is a lot of good stuff, but LOTS of driveways and stupid low speed limits

Old May 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #262
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbear View Post
Hey, Dave!
Yeah, I was lurking online Slow day at work...
The dinner tomorrow is at Romeo Plank & 25 Mile. It's called the Kit Kat Klub. Looks like it will be dry tomorrow, so we should have a few bikes show up. You and Dawn are welcome to come. No worries. No 250 haters in our BMW group. I show up quite often on the Ninja!
Well i just checked mapquest and its off Garfield, North of 25mile! I was on 25 mile and romeo plank yesterday and there wasnt a kit kat klub around. I didnt go North onto Garfield. Yea Dawn and I more than likely will met up with you, betty and friends.
What time shall we met ya, or at along the way?

Old May 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #263
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Also for $33.00 for a can of paint ... just make sure your in a nice non-ventilated area to get your moneys worth
LOL, im not a "Huffer" :P

Old May 11th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #264
ScorpionNinja

Heres 1 link i check for biker events in michigan.

http://www.lets-ride.com/event/michigan.htm

Their mostly charity events and such, but hey, im down for a chance to met new cool ppl and make new motorcycle friends.

Note: the HELL,MI. Blessing of the Bikes one!

Its harder to met anyone just solo riding, so events like those can be interesting!
We cant hope for new Michigan 250R riders to Find this Site either!

I try to search the web for better and new Event listings and or motorcycle clubs, but the rest of you please if ya find one that seems worthy, link it up here!

Old May 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #265
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Hey, Ron. Great to see you here again. Yay!!!
Great suggestion. I have no problem with practicing MSF stuff anywhere. Name a place and time and I will try to be there. I think it's a great idea! Yeah, I love to ride twisties and long distance. But the low speed maneuvers are still a challenge, especially on the bigger bike ... But no matter where ya ride, ya still hafta park. lol.

Dave, I only know what location Betty posted on the website for the MC Beemer dinner on Wednesday. (Haven't been there b4.) Do you guys wanna meet and ride up together? I can come up your way. Wednesdays I get to leave work a little early. Anyway, you will find the MC Beemers is a nice gathering of people and bikes. Maybe a more "mature" group. But not exclusively BMW. One of the new lady riders just got a 650 Bergman - scooter thingy, and it's all good

Oh, yeah. I just heard that Gibraltar is starting a sportbike nite on Saturdays. This could be fun! Just another idea...
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #266
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbear View Post
Oh, yeah. I just heard that Gibraltar is starting a sportbike nite on Saturdays. This could be fun! Just another idea...
Yea my brother told me about that like 2 months ago. I hardly talk to him these days, we work way different hours and hes one of those guys that takes weeks to call you back!

So hes my Gibaltar bike night Contact! Ill ask him this week what the 411 about it is!

Old May 11th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #267
ScorpionNinja

I also wanna note that This THURSDAY - May 13th. It will be my last night of bowling.
So that means May 20th (THURS) and each thursday night, ill be going to Royal oak bike nights!
Im sure Ron will meeting us there each week, being so close to your house.

Old May 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #268
ScorpionNinja

UPDATE!

Its confirmed, i talked to my brother today at lunch and he said

THIS SATURDAY, May 15th ...

will be the First Weekly Sportbike night at Gibaltar trade center in Mt. Clemens!!!

7:30pm till ??? (2am ish)

If the weather is good enuff, Ill be there!

Old May 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #269
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Interesting...

Old May 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #270
ScorpionNinja

Well is anyone interested in hanging out this SAT???

Macomb Powersports is having an Open House! (21mile and Gratiot)
10am-5pm. Free food, door prizes, etc!

Then we could go out to eat somewhere, or stop at a DQ for ice cream nearby...

At 730pm head to Gibaltar trade center for the Sportbike night there!

Im not sure how many ppl will be there, what events,etc, but Ill be going to check it out. Met new ppl, maybe other 250Rs will be there that we could Add to our tiny group!

So SATURDAY May 15th! Macomb Powersports 12noon-5pm (or whenever)

then go hang out somewhere and have dinner, chill out...

then hit up Gibaltar trade center at 730pm and hang there for 2-3 hours and see how the turn out is.
Weeks from now it might pick up more n more ppl, you never know at these kinda events!

Part of the fun is just going to places and finding out first hand man!

FRIDAY weather looks cloudy but 65F
SAT looks 68F sun/cloudy
SUN looks 69F sunny!

SUN Carol and Betty are gonna go ride, to where, who knows, but we could try to all get together and just go RIDE!!!!
Did you buy your bikes to Sit in the Garage or RIDE EM?

ttyl,
dave

Old May 13th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #271
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Saturday is band practice, probably 1pm to 4pm or so.
If all my parts come in I want to work on the bike... so I'm not sure if baby ninja will be running

Old May 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #272
rage42
ninjette.org member

I'll try, got some family things to take care of. Call me, Saturday, and I'll see what the plan is.

Old May 13th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #273
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

YAAAAY, more parts

The quick twist throttle, the kleen delete, more grips and my Pazzos came today.
OMG, in case you haven't seen pazzos with your own eyes, BUY THEM!!!
Best levers I've ever seen. 200$ well spent

Old May 13th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #274
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Saturday is band practice, probably 1pm to 4pm or so.
If all my parts come in I want to work on the bike... so I'm not sure if baby ninja will be running
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage42 View Post
I'll try, got some family things to take care of. Call me, Saturday, and I'll see what the plan is.
NP tom!

sure will matt.

Old May 14th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #275
DarkStar
ninjette.org member

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Sat Ill try to catch up with you during the afternoon.(1-3 ish) I have some things to take care of during the day and at night. But i think I'll get a few hours between. I got your cell Dave ill buzz ya find out where your at and meet up if at all possible. So I dont know if i can hang all night but I certainly should be able to make a quick hello stop = )
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #276
ScorpionNinja

Hi all,

Bad news!

Im stuck at house all weekend.

WED night my Knee really started to bug me during the ride home. Mon-tues i was hurting alil, but was able to work. THURSDAY morning when i woke up to go to work, my knee was killing me. It was hard to bend it more then 15%.
So i worked a half day Thursday.
I went up to my bowling league for the last week. I couldnt bowl, but i chilled with my teammates and had afew beers, we got our money for the end of the year.
Since i was the ONLY guy to bowl a 800 SERIES in my league this year, USBC sent me a $100 check
I also won $100 for being the ONLY other guy (only 2 of us did this year( for bowling a 300 GAME!

Well my knee hurt worse by nights end, i got home and went to bed.
Woke up this morning and was really hurting. So i called in work, today and for the weekend.

So I wont be riding my bike this weekend. I hope my knee will be 80% come Monday morning so i can return to work!

Ive had pain in my knee over the years off and on, ever since i was a teen.
I just tweaked it or sumin days ago. Thats all it takes and it hurts for days or 1 week, but im usually able to walk and work on it.
Not this time!

So ill keep yaz updated when i can ride again.

Enjoy the weekends weather guys!!! Its pure SUN and FUN.

see yaz soon!
-SN

Old May 14th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #277
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Get well soon dude!

My Fiero arrived at my house today
Not a show car, but a perfect driver.
First mods: My stock SRT 17" are a perfect replacement for the ugly ass 80s 15"ers it came with and I had a brand new Hurst T-Handle knob sitting around for it, that happened to have the right thread!!! YAY

Bike parts from Sportisi didn't come in though. Suckers

Old May 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #278
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

TOUCH DOWN LOL

First time the pegs scraped today.
That was nice.
Had to go to the SOS to get my plates renewed and get a plate for the new toy.
On the way back I took the twisties and TADAAA.
Very nice.

Old May 15th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #279
rage42
ninjette.org member

Nice. I did the stock pegs accidently one day...I haven't gotten my buell xb's down yet. They drop my feet about an inch, but the feeler nub doesn't angle down like it does on stock.

Old May 19th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #280
ScorpionNinja

Update!!!

UPDATE!!!

Hi all,

Im back to riding my bike, though my Knee still hurts kinda!

Yo, we have a New Metro-Detroit rider "Heather" with a RED! 2009 250R!

She lives in Shelby twp.

I told her to check out this Thread for events and such!

Well, im gonna get ready...

If anyone else would like to meet Dawn and I, Carol, Betty for Bettys "Weekly" Dinner meeting, @ 6:30pm. We'll be at the Firehouse Restraunt off 16 mile & Harper!!!

Im charging up my Cell atm, so sorry if any of ya try calling me, i cant reply back to you!

Carol, Dawn and I will just met ya at firehouse. We met go hit the slow twisties off Jefferson/South river prior!

ttyl, SN