ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Danny Webb to debut at the Isle of Man TT

DANNY Webb has announced he will be making his debut with Ryan Farquhar’s KMR Kawasaki team at this year’s Isle of Man TT.

The former 125cc and Moto3 rider insists this won’t be a ‘one-off’ and will ride a Kawasaki ZX-10R in the Superbike, Superstock, and Senior races, but will also take part in the Lightweight class on a Kawasaki ER-6 supertwin.

Speaking about his decision to race the TT, Webb said: “I’m a big TT fan. I've already been to the event and I have always said that I wanted to do it one day.

"It’s something that has been going through my mind more and more of late, and the opportunity came along to work with Ryan Farquhar who puts out some of the best bikes on the grid, so I simply couldn’t say no.

"It’s going to be a big change for me after years in the Grand Prix paddock, but it is something I am really looking forward to," said Webb.

"I don’t see this being a one off thing either and I know it will take me many years to really learn my way around but for now I just can’t wait to get out there and make my debut.”

Experienced KMR Kawasaki team owner and triple TT winner, Northern Ireland's Ryan Farquhar explained: “I first met Danny at a charity function at the Valencian GP in 2011 and he said then that he always wanted to race at the TT.

"I told him that if there was anything I could do to help him to give me a call and once Paul Phillips mentioned Danny's name, I made a few phone calls and soon put everything into place.

Farquhar concluded: “He's an extremely talented rider, someone who I have a lot of time for, and he's got a wise head on his shoulders.

"He knows all about the TT and wants to do it for all the right reasons so we'll do everything we can at KMR Kawasaki to help him serve his apprenticeship and establish himself as a top flight road racer.”

Related Content

Milwaukee Yamaha retract statement regarding Honda and IOMTT rules
New Isle of Man TT rules could hinder Hutchinson and Brookes
Yamaha lose Milwaukee sponsorship for the Isle of Man TT
Farquhar and Amor return to race the Isle of Man TT
IOM TT: McGuinness fastest in Superbike practice

Click here for full story...