ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old February 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #1
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Blue Ninja 250R, Yamaha SRV250

Fuel Injection Map Database

As suggested by choneofakind and totally plagiarizing kkim's Jetting database, here it is:

Fuel Injection Map Database

Edit: Discussion of fuel mapping can take place on the Fuel Injection Map Database - Discussion Thread. (Sorry - don't know how to make that a link.)

The purpose of this thread is to consolidate the information from people who have done any type of work to their fuel injected Ninja 250R in order to improve the bike's rideability and/or performance. Your contributions are what will make this a valuable tool for anyone looking to improve their fuel injected bike in the future.

Whether you are tuning for fuel efficiency, smooth riding, or racing at the track, I think it would be a great benefit to the community if we could get some maps available to share online.

So, using the following as loose guidelines, please cut and paste the end of this post as I have done in post #2 and help start building a database in the 250R forum. Please try to stay on topic so the information will be easily accessible by those searching for help in the future. You may post new maps and info in the future in another post if you should redo your map. Please comment on any improvements the new mapping gave you if you do repost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN/USE: European/Thai/Japanese edition?

YEAR: Bike's year of manufacture

BRAND OF FI COMPUTER: Power Commander III or V/LeoVince Fast Injection/etc

MODEL NO.: Of the FI Comp!

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: stock/snorkel removed/modified airbox/etc

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: stock/full/slip-on/pipe diameters if known/etc

THROTTLE BODY USED: If you've installed your own FI - Which throttle body are you using?

ADDITIONAL FUEL SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS: PC Auto tuner/fast switcher/etc

MAP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE: fuel efficiency/smooth riding/racing/etc

LINK TO MAP: Where can it be downloaded from?

ELEVATION: The elevation at which you generally ride

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE'S SETUP: Larger rear tire/rider wears a jet pack/etc

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS RE. MAP: added bonuses (smoother low-rpm handling for example)/recommendations/smart ass comments/good jokes/etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN/USE:

YEAR:

BRAND OF FI COMPUTER:

MODEL NO.:

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS:

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS:

THROTTLE BODY USED:

ADDITIONAL FUEL SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS:

MAP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE:

LINK TO MAP:

ELEVATION:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE'S SETUP:

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS RE. MAP:

Last futzed with by Sonofswin; February 29th, 2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added Throttle body line
Sonofswin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 29th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #2
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

2011 Japanese Version All Stock

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN/USE:Japanese Version

YEAR:2011

BRAND OF FI COMPUTER: Power Commander V

MODEL NO.: 17-035

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Stock

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Stock

ADDITIONAL FUEL SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS: None

MAP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE: Improved Rideability+FunFactor

LINK TO MAP: Should be a .zip attached to this post.

ELEVATION: Sea Level primarily

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE'S SETUP: All Stock

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS RE. MAP: This map has really made low speed driving so much smoother. There is no more jerking about in 1st or 2nd. In addition, the mid-range torque feels much more engaged and it pulls cleanly all the way to red-line. I haven't dyno'ed it but it is certainly more responsive and easier to ride. (Totally improving the fun factor!) Only negative thing was a drop in fuel efficiency. (Not enough mileage to give definite measurements yet.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip M17-035-501.zip (740 Bytes, 19 views)
Sonofswin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2012, 05:33 AM   #3
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN/USE: Thailand

YEAR: 2011

BRAND OF FI COMPUTER: Leovince FAST Fuelsystem

MODEL NO.: 9213

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Stock

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Leovince Fullsystem EVO 2

THROTTLE BODY USED: Stock

MAP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE: Improved Power and Funfactor

LINK TO MAP: http://www.leovince.com/en/catalog-k...008_2009/12087
I'm using ref. 8408 with Stock Air Box

ELEVATION: 300 meter

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE'S SETUP: I did an ignition advancing from Factorypro by 5 degree. This is what the Ninjette gives power.

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS RE. MAP: The setup of the bike now makes it really powerful and I would like to do a dynorun but there's nobody doing it here.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2015, 02:38 AM   #4
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

2011 Ninja 250 Japanese FI Version

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Remove the snorkel (baffle?) and installed high flow air cleaner

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Full Tyga Racing Exhaust

MAP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE: Improved FunFactor

ELEVATION: Sea Level up to maybe 700 meters

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE'S SETUP: See my sig for major changes

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS RE. MAP: Realized I hadn't posted a good map since all my upgrades. This map was created using Autotune, in a controlled tuning environment (Live screen-cast to my iPhone so I control throttle position, then made repeated runs from idle to 13500rpm at approx every 20% throttle.) I don't think this is a "final" product, but since I changed my target AFR and set this map up I've had improved upper mid-range torque and reduced popping. See the attached PDF for target afr and the fuel table for the map.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf May_2015_Map_2.pdf (53.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip May.2015.map.3.pvm.zip (2.0 KB, 13 views)

Old June 7th, 2015, 05:55 PM   #5
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN/USE: Greece/European version

YEAR: 2009

BRAND OF FI COMPUTER: Dynojet PC V

MODEL NO.: 17-001

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Airbox removal, filter pods

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Yoshimura 250/300's R-77 primary pipe links to the head and 75mm long, then (larger) ZX-12 stock headers up to link (where Yoshi's link would be) then modified Yoshi link 2 to 1 then custon midpipe of 48mm I.D., then '92 ZX-11 Laser Racing finalpipe and endcan... so it is basically a custom exhaust system based on my personal taste of engine performance and rpm range...

THROTTLE BODY USED: 32mm 300 's TBs

ADDITIONAL FUEL SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS: Internal modifications to open up I.D. to 33mm+ and use of '08 Suzuki GSX-R 750 fuel injectors

MAP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE: absolute power pefrormance

LINK TO MAP: Not complete yet, will update -hopefully- soon

ELEVATION: 10m-500m above sea level

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE'S SETUP: numerous mods based on a 300's engine in a '09 250's chassis - 345cc

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS RE. MAP: map setting based on Dynojet's Autotune AT-100 on the road and track Tyres vary from Bridgestone BT-003RS 110/70-17 and 140/70-17 on the road to Bridgestone 125 2-stroke racing slicks. Revising it constantly depending on weather conditions and use on road or track based on the main map I keep as reference... basic AFR ratio varies from 13,4 down low up to 13,1 at rpm range above stock rev limiter (1100rpm above stock 13250rpm). Using the huge injectors in-cell fuel values vary from -40 to +55. Wouldn't recommend my map to anyone... will post only as reference to what an absolute extreme would be like. Ignition curve has been altered to +3 degrees over the 250's stock european ignition map mechanically moving the crank sensor. All wiring and sensors are stock 250 european version's.

Nice thread BTW !!

Old April 25th, 2016, 07:31 PM   #6
Captain Caveman
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Cavey

Motorcycle(s): ZX6R, NINJA300R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofswin View Post

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: Remove the snorkel (baffle?) and installed high flow air cleaner

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Full Tyga Racing Exhaust

MAP'S MAIN OBJECTIVE: Improved FunFactor

ELEVATION: Sea Level up to maybe 700 meters

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE'S SETUP: See my sig for major changes

MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS RE. MAP: Realized I hadn't posted a good map since all my upgrades. This map was created using Autotune, in a controlled tuning environment (Live screen-cast to my iPhone so I control throttle position, then made repeated runs from idle to 13500rpm at approx every 20% throttle.) I don't think this is a "final" product, but since I changed my target AFR and set this map up I've had improved upper mid-range torque and reduced popping. See the attached PDF for target afr and the fuel table for the map.
Sweet nice work mate, I might give this a go on my 2013 300r running a full Tyga system, Snorkel removed and a UNI air filter.
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2016, 08:46 PM   #7
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Caveman View Post
Sweet nice work mate, I might give this a go on my 2013 300r running a full Tyga system, Snorkel removed and a UNI air filter.
Don't do it! That's a Ninja 250, not a 300.....

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2016, 12:13 AM   #8
Captain Caveman
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Cavey

Motorcycle(s): ZX6R, NINJA300R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
Thanks @RacinNinja close, got carried away seeing the Tyga system mention. Close one there. Have managed to get into a Dyno centre for tomorrow now so excellent hoping for those extra ponies
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2016, 05:27 AM   #9
Sonofswin
Old Guy, New Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNinja View Post
Just wondering, Why not? I'm on a fuel injected 250 (The Japanese version) and don't see why a fuel injected 300 wouldn't also get similar benefits from the mods I made.

Also, this little talk should be happening in the Discussion thread, not here. (This is the database thread.)