ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #1
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

need help identifying "mystery parts"

i put on my fender eliminator kit today. had to remove my rear fairings around the passenger seat area. i found two bumper stopper looking things but i can't figure out where they came from. does anyone know what these connect to? thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001.jpg (54.4 KB, 14 views)
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #2
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Looks like the bumpers from under the front of the passenger seat
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #3
kkim

do you have a seat cowl?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #4
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

hmm.. i have taken off my passenger seat a bunch of times. i never noticed them before. thanks though. i will see if that is where it came from. i hope that is all it is. was a pain to put that fairing back together.

kelly, no i don't.

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #5
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

They pop out easily when you take the seat on and off
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

ah. ok. i live in a high rise so i guess i will check later on.

well, that is scary then. i wonder how long those were just sitting under the fairings? good thing they didn't fall out and land on the road.

thanks a lot guys for the quick help!!! glad it wasn't something i had to take the bike apart again for.

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #7
kkim

it appears Steve is correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04937-1.jpg (69.0 KB, 10 views)

Old January 25th, 2009, 10:01 PM   #8
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

i just came back from the mall. i checked the passenger seat and yup... that is what it was! that was the last thing i was suspecting at the time. i was going nuts hunting around to see where it could have come from.

crazy that it came off so easily. good thing i did that mod today. i guess that brownish crud on it was some sort of glue? idk.

thanks again! you guys rock!

Old January 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #9
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
i guess that brownish crud on it was some sort of glue? idk.
yep, mine has that too. guess it's not that good of a glue, though.

Old January 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM   #10
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

They fall off all the time and work their way down into the rear fairing area from the trunk. When I heard several people had lost these I glued mine on with contact cement. I think a lot of times they fall out onto the road and are lost forever. There are probably rubber bumpers from Ninja passenger seats littering the gutters of every state in the union by now.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM   #11
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

good idea. i am going to contact glue those suckers on. make sure they don't go anywhere ever again.

i put my disk lock in that little cubby so i am always opening up that compartment. it will only be a matter of time before they fall off again.

Old January 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #12
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
good idea. i am going to contact glue those suckers on. make sure they don't go anywhere ever again.

i put my disk lock in that little cubby so i am always opening up that compartment. it will only be a matter of time before they fall off again.
Just make sure to secure anything in the trunk you don't want to lose. Especially your REGISTRATION if you keep it there. There's really no "bottom" to that trunk and small items will work their way out and fly away behind you on the road after rattling inside the rear fairing for a while. Terrible design, but as long as you secure everything well it's not that big a problem.
I dropped a screw through there while doing my fender eliminator kit and it ended up on top of my chain between the links. I'd hate to think of what would have happened to my engine if I hadn't spotted it and it got sucked into the tranny!

Old January 26th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #13
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

thanks for the tip. the only things i put in there (the only things that FIT in there) are my tool kit and disk lock.

thought about taking out the tool kit, but i figure the day i do, i will end up needing it, so i just leave it in there.

i keep my registration, safety check, and insurance card in a ziploc bag and keep it in my inner jacket pocket.

Old January 26th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #14
kkim

Quote:
i keep my registration, safety check, and insurance card in a ziploc bag and keep it in my inner jacket pocket.
I keep those items folded up neatly in a hidden compartment of my wallet. Figured I'd never ride the bike w/o my wallet, so I will always have the papers with me if I need them on the road. Keep copies of them at home just in case you ever drop your wallet into water.

Old January 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

my wallet already looks like a big mac sandwich, so i didn't want to stick anything else in mine.

i just gotta remember to move my reg and stuff if i change jackets.

Old January 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #16
kkim

You'll be surprised how much junk you can clean out of your wallet if you need to. I used to carry my paperwork in a zip lock bag and move it from garmet to garmet... but it always ended up being in the wrong garmet when I needed it.

As long as you have a system, you shouldn't have the same problem as I did.

Old January 27th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #17
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

I like to keep the registration with the bike. Nothing worse than trying to tell a cop that your registration is "in my other pants at home." I put it in plastic and wedge it under the tool kit bungie.

Old January 27th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #18
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
I like to keep the registration with the bike. Nothing worse than trying to tell a cop that your registration is "in my other pants at home." I put it in plastic and wedge it under the tool kit bungie.
i was going to do that, but while i was waiting for my bike to be shipped to the dealership, i read about a guy getting his bike stolen. he had all his registration, insurance and stuff under the seat. i didn't want someone to have all my personal info. i just feel a bit safer carrying it on me. i know what you mean though about not having the documents if pulled over by a cop.

i do a mental checklist of my document bag, ear plugs, cel phone, and wallet before i leave the house.

Old January 27th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #19
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
i didn't want someone to have all my personal info. i just feel a bit safer carrying it on me..
Same goes for me, I really think about it on the cars/truck. Some bozo could break in and steal the garage door opener & reg. Have you cleaned out before ya got home.

This year florida went to a new paper reg, the thing is huge
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote