ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 6th, 2009, 02:27 AM   #1
shadow
chicken strips

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 Ninja 250R

Up too late again...

Ok, so maybe i'm just a little sick in the head. But given that the guy managed to land in the back of the truck, and his ragdoll form,this video is interesting at least...I hope the best for the rest of the pack though...
Or im up way too late again >.<.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSBFO6AraEA

also, I found a Kraken! (Giant Squid). Here's my proof...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meDz8...eature=related

Second driver, I will say, has SKILLZ. Lots of them. I, however, am NOT *necessarily* condoning his use of them...albiet it is a speedfreak's wet dream of a video...

Old November 6th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #2
Tigress
Musical Genius

Name: Belinda

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R Blue AKA "The Kid" 08 Vulcan 900 Classic Blue(for now) AKA "Honey"

Wow. That second video is sick!! Both riders in that flick had mad skillz. Dangerous but serious skillz.
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2009, 04:08 AM   #3
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

I'm not impressed. These are the type of bikers ruining it for the rest of us. This what people see, and remember. Then when they see us on our little 250's all they see are more bikers like these idiots and hate us thinking we are just a bunch of hooligans with no respect for traffic laws or the people around us. Of course you and I both know that none of us are like that (just look at our choice in bike ), but common folk won't see that. They'll just "idiot on a sportbike that's going to get himself and who knows else killed".

Do that crap on the track, not on the highway.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #4
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Those "mad skills" need to take place in a controled closed off area not out on the open road where others can be hurt from your actions. IMHO
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM   #5
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
They'll just "idiot on a sportbike that's going to get himself and who knows else killed".
Agreed.

I have soo many people at work come up to me and ask if that's my bike.
When I reply, yep that's my lil toy.
The general reply is "I cant believe you drive one of those crotch rockets and do 150 mph, your askin to die"

I then proceed to go to town on them about the 250, always remembering to include MPG (inflated somewhat to leave a bigger impression...hey some people DO get 70mpgs).
Then they usually turn to say, Oh, well it's still a dangerous thing to do.
....Duh..ya think I dont know the risks? Would you be saying that if I rode a cruiser?

The idiots in those movies ruin any slight positive image we have. And skills....? I doubt it. He would probably get KILLED on a track. He might be able to maneuver his bike extremely well (which is a skill) but can he do it at the limits that a track lets you get to? I doubt it, because he's probably never been to one (not that I have myself)

Anyways thanks for the videos, always entertaining to watch.

Old November 7th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
... This what people see, and remember...
Like the most recent episode of South Park where they act like all Harley riders run straight pipes?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2009, 05:17 AM   #7
Flow
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R/'10 ZX6R/'02 YZ125/'06 DRZ125L/'05 Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Like the most recent episode of South Park where they act like all Harley riders run straight pipes?
No, that holds true. Have you ever in your life heard a Harley that didn't leave you hard-of-hearing for the next few hours?

On-topic: skilled or not, in my eyes there's a difference between "skilled" and "good." Skilled he is, but he's too irresponsible to be good, I have zero respect for people like the guy in the second video.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #8
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
No, that holds true. Have you ever in your life heard a Harley that didn't leave you hard-of-hearing for the next few hours?
My friend as a 1200 sporster that still has the original factory exhaust and it's dead quiet. He now has a V-Rod and that thing is dead silent with the factory exhaust.
My other friend has a dynaglide custom with upgraded factory exhaust (the screaming eagle exhaust) and it's definitely louder, but it is by no means unreasonably loud. I'd have to guess it probably compares to Area Ps quiet core...much louder then stock, but much quieter then everything else.

So...rare? EXTREMELY...but I have heard the mythical quiet Harley!

Old November 7th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #9
Flow
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R/'10 ZX6R/'02 YZ125/'06 DRZ125L/'05 Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
My friend as a 1200 sporster that still has the original factory exhaust and it's dead quiet. He now has a V-Rod and that thing is dead silent with the factory exhaust.
My other friend has a dynaglide custom with upgraded factory exhaust (the screaming eagle exhaust) and it's definitely louder, but it is by no means unreasonably loud. I'd have to guess it probably compares to Area Ps quiet core...much louder then stock, but much quieter then everything else.

So...rare? EXTREMELY...but I have heard the mythical quiet Harley!
Do you have a video, by chance? I've never seen one in my life, and I grew up around people who worshiped Harleys. They all stopped talking to me a few years ago when my first bike was a sportbike.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #10
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:

On-topic: skilled or not, in my eyes there's a difference between "skilled" and "good." Skilled he is, but he's too irresponsible to be good, I have zero respect for people like the guy in the second video.

Funny, yeah but almost a hundred years ago their reputation was quite the opposite... Harleys were once known as "The Silent Gray Fellow."

Go to a dealer and start one up. The stereotype comes from their customer's often-illegal modifications.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #11
websniper
New rider

Name: Jarrod

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250

I'm not impressed. Did you see the lead rider corner in the second half of that vid? Bike way leaned over, no weight off the bike to reduce lean and he had his head on the opposite side of the direction that he was cornering. Let 'em try that on a track somewhere with some actual skilled riders.... They'd be toast.
websniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #12
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Do you have a video, by chance? I've never seen one in my life, and I grew up around people who worshiped Harleys. They all stopped talking to me a few years ago when my first bike was a sportbike.
I don't have a video, but I found these one you tube.

In the first video, notice how in the drive by, with stock exhaust you barely hear the bike until it is almost next to you, while the aftermarket exhaust you can hear a block away.

In the second video, notice you can hear the engine noise over the exhaust on the stock bike (similar to our 250s), while on the aftermarket exhaust...what engine noise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYX9NC5eY7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG4cueblRuo

Old November 7th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #13
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

That is one scary video. Had a guy on a GSX pass me on the right today. I was doing 60 in a 55 and he horizoned me in a matter of seconds. He was wearing gear. I`m surprised he didn`t do a wheelie when he got next to me. I don`t understand this passing on the right unless his rationale was that he didn`t want to cross a double yellow. Anyway, guys like that give us a bad rep. Our new next door neighbor has a Harley with stock exhaust. He has had the bike three years. It really sounds nice. I wouldn`t mind a bike that sounds like that.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote