ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old July 31st, 2015, 06:31 PM   #1
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Name: D.

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

Replacing cheek pads. What size?

I don't need to do it just yet but when I replace the cheek pads in my helmet, what size do I get if I want the helmet a touch more snug?

Right now I have an XS airmada (yes, I have a tiny head) and it fits well but not as snug as my alliance. With the airmada, my cheeks are not totally squished up, just a little bit. But it's a new helmet and I know the cheek pads will loosen up and that's when I think I'll need the pads.

With my alliance, my cheeks are totally squished, not uncomfortably though (also an XS).

FYI, I prefer the airmada as its high viz yellow and flows better air. The alliance is black and in the summer, I bake.

Oh, and neither helmet shifts when I have it strapped on.

So, if I wanted the helmet tighter, do I get the XXS or S pads?

Thanks!

D.
DSomething is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2015, 06:39 PM   #2
M42
Wrench wench

Name: The Stigette

Motorcycle(s): TWO HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT CUBIC CENTIMETERS (R.I.P.), SIX HUNDRED FORTY FIVE CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Cheekpads loosen up over time, so it depends on how they were when new. How long have you had em? The way to test them is to push up and yank down on your chinbar, they should move with your cheeks instead of sliding over them. They should be tight enough that you can't chew gum inside your helmet.

Old July 31st, 2015, 09:19 PM   #3
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M42 View Post
Cheekpads loosen up over time, so it depends on how they were when new. How long have you had em? The way to test them is to push up and yank down on your chinbar, they should move with your cheeks instead of sliding over them. They should be tight enough that you can't chew gum inside your helmet.
I've only had this helmet maybe a month. The helmet doesn't shift around when strapped on but the cheek pads don't squish me like my other helmet. I sometimes bit the side of my cheek by accident with my other helmet. This one, I've not done it yet but my wisdom teeth do rub my cheeks.

But if I wanted a tighter fit, what size cheek pads should I replace them with?

D.

Old July 31st, 2015, 10:03 PM   #4
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
If you want a tighter fit, you would want an XXS cheek pad. But just make sure the shell size of an XS helmet is the same as an XXS. If not, the cheek pad fasteners may not be compatible. Write to icon to ask just in case.

Old August 1st, 2015, 04:43 AM   #5
M42
Wrench wench

Name: The Stigette

Motorcycle(s): TWO HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT CUBIC CENTIMETERS (R.I.P.), SIX HUNDRED FORTY FIVE CUBIC CENTIMETERS

The shell for the airmada is the same for XS and 2XS. Get the 2XS cheekpads.

Old August 1st, 2015, 09:51 AM   #6
DSomething
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
If you want a tighter fit, you would want an XXS cheek pad. But just make sure the shell size of an XS helmet is the same as an XXS. If not, the cheek pad fasteners may not be compatible. Write to icon to ask just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M42 View Post
The shell for the airmada is the same for XS and 2XS. Get the 2XS cheekpads.
Thanks!

D.