ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old January 1st, 2010, 09:14 AM   #281
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
My best wishes to Jon and his family. May he continue to recover and may 2010 be a better year.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2010, 09:44 AM   #282
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Hope the ney year is filled with progress, success, love and fun for John, his family and friends.

Old January 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM   #283
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
I know its the holidays, but its been over a week without an update. What gives??
If aimed at me, I wasn't aware that I was the only one with facebook....

Old January 1st, 2010, 11:06 AM   #284
noche_caliente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Broom
jon's eye appt. went well. the pocket behind his retna is smaller which means it is healing. i probly will be posting jon's new place on thursday. i want to give him a chance to get used to it before he has to many visitors. i will keep you posted on whats happening. will let ya'll know about the x-rays and doppler as soon as we get the report.
December 21, 2009 at 12:11pm
Quote:
x-rays and doppler were negative. they think it is from the pic line but it should work itself out. good to hear...
December 21, 2009 at 4:51pm
Quote:
jonathan is doing okay. the move has been hard on him, he's very confused. and of corse what could go wrong yesterday did. he seems better today. david is here now and dusty will be here friday. i will have my family together yet again for the holidays. can't ask for more than that...i still am going to wait til...l he is a little more used to everything before i post directions to here. hope ya'll understand...
December 23, 2009 at 7:12pm ·
Quote:
merry christmas everyone. jon is getting settled in, still a little confused. it's so different here than baylor. he did want everyone to know he is okay and wish ya'll merry christmas.
December 24, 2009 at 12:58pm
Quote:
today is a good day. david and dusty are here with me and jon. i love having my family together, espeacially on christmas. ayden is in houston but will be here tomorrow. merry christmas everyone, love you all...
December 25, 2009 at 1:35pm
Quote:
jon's new address; 3957 Portland st., Irving, Tx-----take pgbt south to Walnut Hill turn left. go to stop sign-Esters-turn right. go to Portland turn left, apts. are on the right with black fence around them. you need to check in at the office which is on the otherside, almost in the middle. his therapy is 9-4 we...ekdays so come out anytime other then that. off all weekend. pretty easy to find. see you soon....
December 26, 2009 at 5:48pm
Quote:
jonathan is starting to smile and laugh some. haven't seen that for almost 4 months. just warms my heart to see my son smile again....
December 26, 2009 at 6:05pm
Quote:
today is a good day. only problem going on right now is david has to go home today. jon has been feeling better and doing good. he really wants to go home though...soon jon soon
December 27, 2009 at 2:52pm
Quote:
hi, jon is doing really good. he is starting to get more comfortable with the routine and therapy. still have some issues going on but i've been promised it will all be taken care of by tomorrow...
December 28, 2009 at 5:01pm
Quote:
jon is doing good. still is some major problems with this place getting their **** together. we may be moving him friday to pate. i have given them a week now to get his supplies and everything else taken care of but...will let you all know
Wed at 9:42am
Quote:
well, david had to take time off work to come help me. we did get some supplies for him yesterday finally but still have some wrinkles to iron out. i think he was in an office for 4 hours yesterday talking with one person after another till something was done. jon is starting to do really good here. he is making hi...s 6 hours of therapy most the time, he gets really tired. he is now eating breakfast and lunch. they won't let anyone else feed him yet but me so i get here about 6:30am everyday to get him started on his day. he is usaully done about 3 or 4. happy new year everyone-have a safe one...
Yesterday at 8:35am
Quote:
happy 2010! jon is watching tv with dad and enjoying the day off from therapy. he is starting to adjust. thank you all for all you do. may you also have a great year.
27 minutes ago
Quote:
12-31
happy new year's eve! jonathan is doing very well. his therapy is going well and he is enduring the 5-6 hours of it. his speech is getting better and better. so nice to communicate. starting to adjust to the new place and things are getting better.

Old January 1st, 2010, 11:11 AM   #285
kkim

Thanks, Kim.

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM   #286
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
I don't have a facebook account. I tried to click the links to see what happened and also see the updates but I am unable. However I have read the whole thread through updates people have posted.

Some are relying on your updates for Jon's condition.
Thanks for going out of your way and posting them.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM   #287
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Kim, Thank you for your great updates---really appreciated. Hope you have a great New Year. Will keep the prayers coming. Alex
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM   #288
noche_caliente

This e-mail just came out and brought tears to my eyes:

Quote:
January 1 at 3:19pm
happy new year's everyone. miss you all--jon broom

Old January 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM   #289
Snake

^^^ We all miss you as well jon. You educated me with all your posts.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:25 AM   #290
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
yep!! it is the give a man a fish theory! lets teach em to fish...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125644144678

Thanks for the updates
I do go on to Brooms site everyday, but don't post here very much anymore.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:01 PM   #291
noche_caliente

Quote:
ayden came today to see his daddy. him and papa are at the movies right now but he's staying the weekend with us. i think it's good for him to go to daddy's house. he likes it, but he sure does miss him. sometimes lately it's hard for ayden to talk to him but that will change. we'll read to him tonite.
14 minutes ago
Quote:
1-2-10

things are starting to be much better. the weekends are pretty quiet around here and not to report. casting on his arms should start over on monday and the feet cast should be coming off next week. he thinks the cast are his racing boots and doesn't understand why he has to wear them all the time. things are good....

Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:04 PM   #292
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Thanks for the updates Kim - you are a trooper.

Old January 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #293
noche_caliente

Quote:
we had fun with ayden this weekend. his eyes lit up when papa told him they were going to stand daddy up monday. his wish for him is to get walking. was nice to spend time with him. jon is kinda quiet today. things are so much better now. i think he's just tired. talk soon...
Sun at 2:32pm
Quote:
jon had a good day. they were going to put him on the treadmill to stand him up but didn't for some reason. i think they put him on the table that stands up first. in counseling and speech he did really good. he's pooped now....
Yesterday at 6:08pm

Old January 5th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #294
Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Thanks for the updates Kim - you are a trooper.
+1 here. Thank you Kim for taking the time to keep us updated. It is much appreciated.

Old January 5th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #295
zartan

Quote:
1-5-10

had a tough day in therapy. was told today this could take a few years or more of physical therapy. they will be fixing the wheel chair he is in by Friday so he won't be so uncomfortable.

via;Lori
Ok seems like not so great of an update BUT, I look at this as progress. Albeit anyone who has ever recovered from an injury understands the progress and set backs. The more the progress, the harder it is to accept the set backs. Hopefully when they tell Lori years of physical therapy they mean to refine the progress. I can only admire Jon and his family for their continued hard work. I am sure of it in my heart that everyone's collective good thoughts and prayers are another driving force in his recovery. Sounds like Lori and family are keeping the facility on their toes! good for them !

Old January 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #296
noche_caliente

Thanks Z!

Old January 6th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #297
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

i also check his facebook everyday considering i am a member of this group, but its hard at work to get most of the updating done.

Jon get better man, to bad we didn't get to do TWS this summer together. Another time maybe? Get better Jon
MKlein3004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #298
Sailariel

Z, Thanks for the input and reality check. Did my Master`s Thesis on the Limbic System. It`s a long road with many speed bumps. Let`s just keep the prayers coming.

Old January 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #299
noche_caliente

Quote:
Lori Broom jon is good today. they decided to cancel taking them to therapy and the therapists came to the apts. i was glad to hear that. no need to have him out there in the cold if you don't have too. for those of you not in dfw area the hi today will be 27 i think. tomorrow even worse. it's really windy too.
January 7 at 12:27pm
Quote:
Lori Broom jon is still sleeping but i'm here. it's so frigin' cold. at least there isn't ice. noy much to report from yesterday. very quiet day. just hung out at the apt. all day trying to stay warm. thankyou cecilia for the blankets, they are certainly being used now. talk soon....
Fri at 8:26am
Quote:
Lori Broom jonathan is doing good. he is sitting here watching tv. his speech is getting so much better and his mind is getting stronger everyday. it's seems better each day. no therapy today so his hanging here with mom. hope everyone out there is doing well and safe. keep your thoughts and prayers coming for jon and zac.
Sat at 3:49pm
Quote:
Lori Broom jon is fine. he watching transformers right now. it makes him worry but it keeps him awake. i think ayden is coming today so that will make him happy. will find out more tomorrow about the casts and other stuff. talk soon
Yesterday at 2:58pm
Quote:
Lori Broom yeah, jon finally got his shower chair. he actually went in and got a full shower. we are happy now here, and jon likes it. he wants to go home so bad though. nadine and ayden are here and that always mskes him happy!
about an hour ago
Quote:
1-11

jon is doing great. he will be getting his cast off the legs this week and start re-casting his arm wed. he got his shower chair so he finally got a real shower. he is working hard in therapy and understanding why he needs to have it.

via: lori

ps - I'm leaving town for over a week on Friday and likely won't be able to update this for somewhere in the vicinity of 3 weeks based on the last time we were gone that long... in case someone else wants to take over for a bit...

Old January 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #300
zartan

Quote:
1-14
talked with the pt and ot therapist about doing the baclofen trial. this is injected into the spine to see if the tone through out jon's body responds. if the trial goes well they will put a pump in jon's spine to get the baclofen continuesly through out his body. big decision being that he hqs 2 12" rods up his spine already. this will help with the tone and pain jon has all the time. alot of thought and questions will go into this decision.

via; lori

Old January 16th, 2010, 12:22 AM   #301
zartan

Good stuff goin' on here.

Quote:
1-15

jonathan took 5 steps today. he was strapped to this device that enables the therapist to be able to help him instead of hold him. it was really exciting. they did start the casting on his arms again and discussed doing botox in the upper extremities again. the leg casts are still on but should be coming off next week and then he will have braces on his legs. alot going on...

via; lori

Old January 23rd, 2010, 03:12 PM   #302
zartan

On the face book page looks like things are still progressing, albiet slowly. Lori reports the casts on his arms are a bit painful but doing thier job in helping to straighten them out. If I understand correctly when you have an injury such as this your arms and legs tend to draw themselves in ( like a baby) . and the casts help them relearn the correct position. Correct me if I am wrong, there is a lot of this I don't understand.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:38 PM   #303
Sailariel

Z, You are dealing with an exceptionally complex injury. I have a pretty extensive medical background (21 years), and a lot of what is happening is over my head---especially when they talk about Botox and Baclifin. Of course, I have been retired since 91 and a lot of technology has happened since then. All I can do is keep him in my daily prayers--that does not require one to be current on medical breakthroughs.

Old January 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM   #304
zartan

Yep good thoughts...

Old January 27th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #305
noche_caliente

Quote:
Lori Broom jon's just hanging out with his cousin kalin and melanie. he's been smiling and laughing about old stories. had a good visit with them.
Sun at 12:53pm
Quote:
Lori Broom look on my fb and there's a great pic of jon and his cousin
Sun at 2:15pm
Quote:
Lori Broom today was good, jon doesn't feel real good tonite, has a little fever. had a great day with company, nice warm shower and now he's asleep. off to the house i go...
Sun at 8:06pm
Quote:
Jon Broom sorry some of you are reading bad comments. it's not us and our hopes,energy and love has always been for jon.
Mon at 6:33pm
Quote:
Jon Broom had a dr.s appt. today with a wound care dr. everything was good. he liked riding in the van in downtown, he said he hasn't been there for a long time. was nice to go somewhere different today...
Mon at 7:11pm
Quote:
Lori Broom good day going. jon's eating a little tomato soup for lunch but still is getting regular tube feedings. he wants out of the chair really bad today. doing memory test with multiple numbers and repeating them back. doing really good with it.
Yesterday at 12:42pm
Quote:
1-26

in speech therapy now. repeating multiple numbers in sequence to the therapist. doing very good. he got almost everyone. still in alot of pain but hopefully they do the baclofen trial soon. they will also be giving him botox treatment again on his upper body. the baclofen pump should control his pain so hopefully that happens soon.

via:lori

Old January 27th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #306
Sailariel

Kim, Welcome back. Z did a great job keeping the ninjette family current. Overall we are seeing some good progress. I don`t know Jon personally, but my impression is that he is motivated and is not a person that gives up. He also has a really supportive family, which helps a lot. And then there is the Ninjette.org family which is also very supportive and caring. We have a lot of good vibes and prayers coming his way. I have no doubt that he will be OK--might take some time, but that`s OK too. We will definitely win this one.

Old January 29th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #307
noche_caliente

Quote:
Lori Broom good day going. jon's eating a little tomato soup for lunch but still is getting regular tube feedings. he wants out of the chair really bad today. doing memory test with multiple numbers and repeating them back. doing really good with it.
Tue at 12:42pm
Quote:
Lori Broom jon is starting his day of therapy in ot. he's doing pretty good but he knows this room is going to be painful. it's hard to settle him down to even start. somedays are better than others...
Yesterday at 11:18am
Quote:
Lori Broom jonathan did really good today. they worked him hard today in therapy. he fell asleep as soon as he got here to the apt. david just called and he's on his way to the apt. will be glad to see him and jon's been asking for him all day.
29 minutes ago
Quote:
1-29

jon worked so hard in therapy today. fell asleep right when he got back to the apts. ready to see his dad and his brother. will update late monday after eye appt. have a good weekend.

via;lori

Old February 5th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #308
zartan

Quote:
Lori Broom :

today is the 5 month mark. for that jonathan did 10 sit ups. it was awesome!

Old February 5th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #309
OldGuy
Live Life

WoW - it just keeps getting better. Thanks for the update Zartan.

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #310
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Wow keep up the hard work Jon. That is amazing.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #311
zartan

Quote:
2-18

jon has been cleared to eat normal food. his swallowing and chewing were tested this morning. he has been wanting pizza for weeks so i think i will get a pizza for dinner! got to take small bites but he's on his way to some normallcies . so proud of him!
via lori.

PIZZA!!!

Old February 18th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #312
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Go Jon!

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #313
OldGuy
Live Life

Great news zartan - thanks for sharing it with us.

Old February 18th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #314
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

keep up the work jon T&P
MKlein3004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #315
zartan

Quote:

2-25

jonathan's surgery went very good. the baclofen pump was inserted into his lower right stomach area and the catheder travels up his spinal cord. he did really good and came out of the anestesia good, very alert. he will be spending the night here at the hospital and than go back to cns tomorrow. will let you know tomorrow how he's doing.

via:lori

Old February 25th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #316
OldGuy
Live Life

OK Zartan what's a "baclofen pump"? I'm guessing it is a way of getting meds of some type to the spinal area.

Old February 26th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #317
zartan

I can't read the side effect part cause I get the symptoms. Haha Hypochondriac here

I googled this. You are correct, delivers the medicine.

What is the baclofen pump system?
The baclofen pump system is the intrathecal (directly into the spinal fluid) method of delivering the medicine. The system consists of a catheter (a small, flexible tube) and a pump. The pump — a round metal disc, about one inch thick and three inches in diameter — is surgically placed under the skin of the abdomen near the waistline.

The pump stores and releases prescribed amounts of medicine through the catheter. The pump is refilled by inserting a needle through the skin into a filling port in the center of the pump. With a programmable pump, a tiny motor moves the medicine from the pump reservoir through the catheter. Using an external programmer, your treatment team can make adjustments in the dose, rate, and timing of the medicine.

Patients must return to their doctor's office for pump refills and medicine adjustments, typically every two to three months. The pump is taken out and replaced at the end of the battery's life span, which is usually five to seven years.

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #318
OldGuy
Live Life

Thanks - got to be good news for Jon

Old February 26th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #319
Sailariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Thanks - got to be good news for Jon
Don, Baclofen is used in spinal injuries (Been reading the NE Journal of medicine) It is primarily designed to dull nerve pain by blocking the impulses. This allows Jon to participate in Physical Therapy without experiencing intractible pain---there will be some pain, to be sure, but on a scale of one to ten, we are probably looking at a three or four--which is manageble. I have to say that I am ultra-impressed with his doctors. These guys really have their act together. They seem to be working in incremental steps with one building on the other. They definitely have a goal in mind. Jon is fortunate indeed.

Old February 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #320
zartan

Also aids in the "posturing"