ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Grown man attacks 13-year-old for killing him in Call of Duty

WTF is wrong with people?

Quote:
A 46-YEAR-OLD fan of Call of Duty tracked down and attacked a schoolboy who had killed his computer game character, a court heard.

Mark Bradford, 46, admitted he 'just lost it' after a 13-year-old player gunned-down his character then proceeded to mock him over the microphones used in the game Call Of Duty: Black Ops.
Jobless father of three Bradford confronted the youngster at an address in Plymouth, Devon (UK), and started to strangle him, Plymouth Magistrates Court was told.
The attack only ended when the teenager's horrified mother pulled Bradford off the boy then he left without any explanation.
The teenager's mother said: “It’s pathetic that a grown man would attack a defenceless child like this.
“If you can’t handle losing to a child then you shouldn’t be playing games.”
Bradford admitted the attack was 'moment of madness' as the child 'would not shut up'.
He said: “I'd been playing the whole day and he was baiting me and baiting me and just would not shut up.
“He went on and on and I just lost it. I hold my hands up, I lost the plot. In a moment of madness I went round to his house. I didn't know what I was going to do.”
Bradford admitted one count of assault by beating
Magistrates ordered a probation officer to prepare a full report on his background before he is sentenced.
Here's the link if anyone is interested:
Grown man hunts down and attacks child who kills him in Call of Duty game

NOTE: Some of the ads on the website may be NSFW. None are nudes, btw. Just NSFW material.

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM   #2
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Well even though the guy was in the wrong I hope that little mouth-off punk learned a lesson as well. I don't agree with what the guy did but I totally understand how you can just loose it to a punk online that mocks you because he's "safe" in house and thinks it's funny to act all big. So in the end, two wrongs don't make a right. Don't be a sore winner and make a big deal by mocking someone that just lost cause you never know what can happen. And don't let your emotions get the better of you when dealing with anyone who doesn't know any better and just like to talk a lot of smack.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Well even though the guy was in the wrong I hope that little mouth-off punk learned a lesson as well. I don't agree with what the guy did but I totally understand how you can just loose it to a punk online that mocks you because he's "safe" in house and thinks it's funny to act all big. So in the end, two wrongs don't make a right. Don't be a sore winner and make a big deal by mocking someone that just lost cause you never know what can happen. And don't let your emotions get the better of you when dealing with anyone who doesn't know any better and just like to talk a lot of smack.
I understand what you're saying, but no, that's pathetic. A jobless, grown ass man who actually went out of his way to find out where this kid lives just to beat his ass for mocking him online?
He could've just hit the MUTE button. It's as easy as that!
Plus, this guy is almost in his 50's!!! Why the hell is he playing video games with a punk kid?! I'm not saying older gentleman shouldn't play video games, but if you're sensitive enough to let video game-like mocking get under your skin, you probably shouldn't be playing video games.

Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:26 AM   #4
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
I understand what you're saying, but no, that's pathetic. A jobless, grown ass man who actually went out of his way to find out where this kid lives just to beat his ass for mocking him online?
He could've just hit the MUTE button. It's as easy as that!
Plus, this guy is almost in his 50's!!! Why the hell is he playing video games with a punk kid?! I'm not saying older gentleman shouldn't play video games, but if you're sensitive enough to let video game-like mocking get under your skin, you probably shouldn't be playing video games.
Like I said, I don't agree with what the guy did and think that is pathetic too. However, that kid also does need to learn not to mouth off to people or next time it could be worse. Both were in the wrong. I personally hate anyone that mouths off like they are the big shiznit cause they beat me at something. Congrats you won, now stop being a douche. That's all I'm saying.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 04:41 AM   #5
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Punk-ass kid probably deserved it. How did the guy even get his home address? I can just see the little bastard mouthing off and giving it to him.

Anyone who has never wanted to strangle a 12 year old has never played an online game with one. An online game meant for ADULTS no less. Rated M for intense violence, drug reference, blood and gore and strong language...

Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Hahahahaha, that's awesome on so many levels. But while I totally understand the guy who lost it and applaud his comical contribution to the news, the only real point of owning a headset is to troll people on the internet. That's half the fun of xbox live. It's hilarious listening to people get more and more angry over something so insignificant. Even when I sucked at the game, I did that with my coworkers all day long when I was working on shooters. There is nothing like watching someone rage quit while they're on the clock

Although, I don't play competitive online games that often (I'm more of an RPG person), and I did avoid using the headset at home myself occasionally because it very quickly turned into "OMG! You're a girl?!" and that route became a pretty boring routine. But really, everyone in the world knows exactly what xbox live is. If he's one of those uptight people who takes videogames entirely too seriously and doesn't have thick enough skin to take the mocking of some underage kids who don't even understand half the insults they're slinging, then he probably shouldn't be wearing a headset.
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:34 AM   #7
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

I say the kid got what he deserved.
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

LOL funny stuff.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:17 PM   #9
road_rascal
ninjette.org member

Name: ___

Motorcycle(s): ___

Hmmm. I'm 41 and have been playing Xbox Live for quite some time now (Black Ops, BF3 and others). I never get upset over gaming. So what if some little sh!thead is acting like an a$$hat. That's what mute is for and if you're getting frustrated quit for awhile. Yes, it's annoying getting teabagged all the time, but for chrissakes, a 46 y/o getting that whipped up over a VIDEO GAME? Wow.
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:00 PM   #10
MotoED
ninjette.org guru

Name: Edd

Motorcycle(s): 2011 SE Pearl/Ebony Ninja 250R

I have to agree with Umar on this. This is pathetic. How did this guy even found out the kid's address? EVERYONE who plays online should be prepared to get sh*t talked to. Best defense, if it's really that annoying, MUTE. If not, do what I do and talk sh*t back and headshot em' that always pisses them off jajaja
[#4]
MotoED is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2011, 07:02 PM   #11
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

I am always in a party chat, and if im not, and for some reason a punk kid is beating me I call my friends, they get in, and we make him quit. They will get on his team and team kill him and stuff like that. If you talk **** like that in the game and you piss guys off there are better ways to get them back then going and physically beating them... although thats pretty damn funny
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:34 AM   #12
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
...the only real point of owning a headset is to troll people on the internet...
Ehhh... I dunno, some people actually use them to try and play the game all tactical-like, and stuff.

To the OP:

I'd have to go back and look, but I did find some setting in my XBL profile settings that basically allows me to mute all except when in private chat so I don't have to listen to anyone globally but when I'm in a private party with friends I can chat with them all day long.

I'm 33 and admit, wholeheartedly, that I get really pissed off when playing CoD if I'm having a particularly bad match where a really bad series of circumstances leads to me getting killed over and over like being spawned repeatedly in the same area while the other team has a gunship, getting spawned right in one of the napalm attacks so you spawn and then die immediately, the obnoxious freakin' dog attacks where the dog leaps 50' through the air and an open door and around the corner and kills me (yes, this has happened). Yeah, that crap will set me off but it's no ones fault, okay, the stupid toss-a-grenade-across-the-map thing is someone's fault and really pisses me off but other than that... Sometimes there seems to be some ridiculously impossible shot that some other guy killed me with but I'm sure for every time some B.S. shot kills me I've done the same thing to someone else too and pissed them off. Really, no matter how good someone may be at a game, there's always someone better, and ultimately, it's a freakin' game. Put them out in a real battlefield with real gunfire and I'm sure they'd piss themselves and curl up in the fetal position.

The one really immature act that I thoroughly enjoy is if I manage to find someone camping, if I get the time, I'll make sure to come up behind them and teabag them a few times then shoot them in the head just so that they'll see me tea-bagging them should they choose to watch the kill-cam afterwards. I do miss being able to do group tea-baggings like I did w/friends in CoD3, well, that and actual vehicles.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:31 AM   #13
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

LOL. I always have my system set to no voice so I don't have to hear people chatting while I'm playing. I play Killzone 3 a lot and you have about 5 seconds of wait time before you can respawn, in which time you see what's happening on your dead body. I had someone kill me and tea bag me. Not that I remember if I killed them a bunch of times or not, but when a bunch of stuff is going on and they take the time out to tea bag you, it's kinda funny. When I respawned, I killed him right away since I respawned in his face. I tea bagged him back, then ran up and started killing more people. For those of you who know KZ3, I was on the Akmir Snow drift and we were ISA, assaulting the tanker. He ran back up the plank and I killed him a second time and ran over and tea bagged him again. LOL. I guess he had enough because he stayed inside the tanker, where I sniped him a few more times.

Don't get mad, get even

Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM   #14
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

By the way, this isn't the first time real world violence can be linked to online gaming. I can think of at least 2 deaths attributed to Lineage II that hit very close to home back when I was playing.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:07 AM   #15
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

I dont like playing with british 11 year olds nuff said. XD

Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM   #16
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

That little punk-ass teenager shouldn't be playing games such as COD rated for 17-18+. There should be a law against it.. when the cops show up at the strangled boy's place and they find him playing COD they should toss him in jail for a day and his mother be FINED for promoting violence to her kids!

Edit: Confiscate all gaming paraphernalia aswell!
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM   #17
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Don't get mad, get even
I'm not that good at CoD so I gotta get my tea-baggin' in when I can.

reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote