ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old July 14th, 2010, 04:12 AM   #81
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Yikes! I just found this post... really sorry to hear it man!

I know you mentioned the worn front tire.... but if you were on your old 250, with the same tire conditions, do you think it would have played out the same?
Thanks for the replies. As for the tire it was pretty worn in the center, but the sides of the tread were still pretty good.
I just pushed it too hard and paid the price of doing so.

Honestly on the 250 i don't think i would have been going as fast.
It had more thrill factor at a slower pace than my 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
less power = less likely to make that mistake maybe?

steve mentioned that he was a little early on the throttle coming out of the curve, on our 250s that would take some serious throttle wrenching to get the same effect as 1/3 throttle on the 6R

however if it was the front wheel that gave way due to being overly worn, than i think it could happen on any bike... its even more likely to do so on the 250s cos they are so much fun to flick about and lean low with, he he

sad to see such a beautiful bike get this damaged. but good thing Steve had his gear on, that saves a LOT of skin...

get well and get back up on that horse asap!

Between the eye problem i've had since last year (a partially detached retina) and this accident i was blessed to be able to walk away from i won't be riding again anytime soon.
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote