ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Focus Mike
ninjette.org member

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Blue Ninja 250R

Spirited riding

I took my 09 out of storage and THANKS GUYS for the battery get to thread and your responses.

Anyways I have been shifting at about 7-8k RPM's and the bike seems to like to shift in that area. I like the acceleration much better than shifting at 4-5k.

Anyways, I've gotten down on the throttle a couple times. I know the old bikes are strong but are the 08+ a really strong engine too?

It's just so much fun to get an open road and zoom. Oh and I've been really enjoying the bike. I told my friend that knocked the 250cc motor. I said your EF'N retarded!

The 250cc engine is amazing for around town. It has PLENTY of power. PLENTY!

Sure it could use some more torque but at 4000 dollars this bike is a great deal.

I am very careful and I don't ride faster than I am comfortable. I don't know how some of you guys can "KNEE DOWN" these bikes. I don't have the nuts for that. I just like cruising.

Anyways its great to be back on the bike. I am looking forward to another batch of warm weather.

I hope I can keep this bike for a while. Man is it fun. I will when I'm 30 and I have my mid life crisis get my Ducati Monster 696, and sell my Ninja to my girlfriend. If anything perhaps god willing I will just keep the Ninja for a long time. I REALLY like riding it. It feels a lot nicer now that I don't have to baby it even though thats arguable for break-in time. I just am very excited about riding (SAKURA) the NINJA!

Funny tid-bit my grandpa called it a COCKASAKI because he is off the boat Italian and doesn't know how to read that great LOL! Me and my grandma laughed. COCKASAKI POWWA!
Focus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Uh, mid-life crisis is supposed to happen around or after 40yo. And getting your knee down is really for the track with special gear (knee-height slider pucks). That said, I've scraped my peg feelers a little too often.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
The first time out after a long winter break can be very enjoyable. Guess what...it just keeps getting better!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote