ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 22nd, 2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcyclistonline] - NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle World Championship Recap

Eddie Krawiec on the Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines V-Rod takes the win with a 6.846 at 192.58 mph pass to Matt Smith's 6.888 at 194.21 mph run on the Nitro Fish Victory.

©Motorcyclist

It was a V-Rod-versus-Gunner final-round showdown as Eddie Krawiec closed the NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle season with a win and earned a second-place points finish when he defeated two-time champ Matt Smith. Krawiec rode his Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson to a 6.846 at 192.58 to finish in front of Smith’s Victory Gunner, which trailed with a 6.888 at 194.21. It was Krawiec’s fourth victory of the season, fourth in Pomona, and 31st of his career.

“I’ve been to eight finals in a row here in Pomona, so this track has treated me well,” said Krawiec. “It is also a big deal for us to get the 75th win for Harley-Davidson.”

Jerry Savoie qualifies the Savoie Alligator Farms Suzuki in the number one spot with a 6.803 at 197.51 mph run. A final-round win would have made Savoie the World Champion.

©Motorcyclist

Krawiec took out number one qualifier Jerry Savoie on his Suzuki in round two of eliminations, and then teammate Andrew Hines in round three en route to his main event match against Smith. Although Hines’ racing season ended in a semi-final defeat, he claimed his second consecutive and fifth overall world championship title in Pro Stock Motorcycle when his closest rival, Louisiana alligator farmer Savoie, lost to Krawiec. Hines, who pocketed $75,000 for the title, is the youngest driver in NHRA history to win five world championships and continues the amazing domination by the Vance & Hines team in the two-wheel category.

The 2015 World Championship was decided in this third-round match-up when Krawiec defeated number-one qualifier and totle contender Jerry Savoie on the Suzuki.

©Motorcyclist

“My outstanding Harley-Davidson team did a great job of keeping me focused and keeping the pressure off of me,” said Hines, who won four races during the season atop his Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson, including three in the Countdown. “It was awesome that my wife got to give me a kiss right before I ran, and thanks to my teammate for helping to get the job done. I guess we put the fear of Harley into them. Five championships is pretty awesome.”

Left to right: 2015 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle World Champion Eddie Krawiec, is joined with the other pro class champions Del Worsham in Funny Car, former Pro Stock Motorcycle champ Antron Brown in Top Fuel, and Erica Enders in Pro Stock.

©Motorcyclist

2015 Pro Stock Motorcycle Final Standings
  1. Andrew HINES, Harley Davidson (2,608)
  2. Eddie KRAWIEC, Harley-Davidson (2,565)
  3. Jerry SAVOIE, Suzuki (2,550)
  4. Matt SMITH, Victory Motorcycles (2,428)
  5. Hector ARANA, JR., Buell (2,419)
  6. Chip ELLIS, Buell (2,400)
  7. Karen STOFFER, Suzuki (2,376)
  8. Hector ARANA, Buell (2,323)
  9. James UNDERDAHL, Suzuki (2,220)
  10. Scott POLLACHECK, Buell (2,192)
  11. Steve JOHNSON, Suzuki (695)
  12. LE TONGLET, Suzuki (691)
  13. Angie SMITH, Victory Motorcycles (532)
  14. Angel SAMPEY, Buell (501)
  15. Chaz KENNEDY, Buell (479)

Click here for full story...