ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old February 5th, 2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Jason Anderson Rallies To Spectacular Monster Energy Supercross Wi

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson extends his points lead and maintains the red plate with authority. Ken Roczen had an amazing race and battle with Anderson to miss the top spot by just fractions of a second in the end. Blake Baggett finished in third and made the podium for the first time this season. Another great and unpredictable night of racing in the 450SX class.

Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha’s Aaron Plessinger took the top spot for a second weekend in a row despite battling the flu. Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Joey Savatgy was right there in second and last year’s 250SX West champion, Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing’s Justin Hill, finally produced a performance worthy of a podium spot. The season will continue with Round 6, this Saturday in San Diego.

Begin Press Release:

OAKLAND, CA – February 3, 2018 – Monster Energy Supercross, an FIM World Championship, hosted Round 5 of the 2018 season in front of a crowd of 48,146 fans inside Oakland Alameda County Coliseum.

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson rallied from a sixth-place start to meet Team Honda HRC’s Ken Roczen in a battle for the lead on the last lap, which ended with Anderson taking the win by less than a second.

The 450SX Class podium at Round 5 of the Monster Energy Supercross in Oakland, California. | Photo credit: Feld Entertainment, Inc.

“This was a big night for me,” Anderson said on the podium. “I didn’t start off too well … that’s one of the best races of my life. I just want to keep it going. Everyone’s getting good. I’m excited to be up here.”

Last week’s winner Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Eli Tomac started seventh and struggled to a 13th place finish. The Rocky Mountain ATV/MC/KTM/WPS Team ride of Blake Baggett started fourth and found his way to third for his first podium of the season.

Aaron Plessinger maintains the Western Regional 250SX Class points lead with his second consecutive win ahead of Joey Savatgy and Justin Hill. | Photo credit: Feld Entertainment, Inc.

In the 250SX Class Main Event, Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha Aaron Plessinger worked his way to the front after starting sixth to capture his second straight win, leading eight of the 19 laps. Plessinger is the only rider to maintain the points lead for two consecutive weeks.

“I got off to a great start,” Plessinger said on the podium. “‘I’ve been sick since Thursday; I thought I had the flu. I had to work through it; it was probably the hardest race I’ve ever done in my life, but the guys tell me never quit.”

Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Joey Savatgy earned his third podium of the season after a tight battle with Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing’s JustinHill who earned his first podium of 2018 with a third-place finish.

For official race results, please visit results.amasupercross.com.

450SX Class Results

1. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna
  2. Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Honda
  3. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM
  4. Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM
  5. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., Yamaha
  6. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda
  7. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha
  8. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., KTM
  9. Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., Honda
  10. Joshua Grant, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki
450SX Class Championship Standings

1. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna (115)
  2. Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Honda (100)
  3. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., Yamaha (98)
  4. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda (87)
  5. Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., Honda (82)
  6. Weston Peick, Menifee, Calif., Suzuki (82)
  7. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM (78)
  8. Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM (73)
  9. Joshua Grant, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki (71)
  10. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha (68)
Western Regional 250SX Class Results

1. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha
  2. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki
  3. Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Suzuki
  4. Christian Craig, Orange, Calif. Honda
  5. Alex Martin, Millville, Minne., KTM
  6. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda
  7. Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna, Fla., Kawasaki
  8. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha
  9. Mitchell Harrison, Tallahassee, Fla., Husqvarna
  10. Hayden Mellross, Clermont, Fla., Yamaha
Western Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings

1. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha (118)
  2. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki (110)
  3. Shane McElrath, Canton, N.C., KTM (99)
  4. Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna, Fla., Kawasaki (93)
  5. Christian Craig, Orange, Calif. Honda (89)
  6. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda (86)
  7. Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Suzuki (79)
  8. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha (68)
  9. Mitchell Oldenburg, Alvord, Texas, Yamaha (58)
  10. Mitchell Harrison, Tallahassee, Fla., Husqvarna (58)
The 2018 Monster Energy Supercross season continues next Saturday, February 10, with Round 6 from San Diego. Watch the action live on FS1 at 7 p.m. PT / 10 p.m. ET.

For more information on the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, please log onto SupercrossLIVE.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross, or follow via social channels:

Facebook: facebook.com/supercrosslive
Twitter: twitter.com/supercrosslive
Instagram: instagram.com/supercrosslive
YouTube: youtube.com/supercrosslive

Jason Anderson Rallies To Spectacular Monster Energy Supercross Win in Oakland appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...