Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old December 7th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #1
djpharoah
\m/

Name: Mesh

Motorcycle(s): CBR600F3 Smokin Joes

I'd love a newer 08 Ninja250

I dont know why but I just can't seem to get over the fact that my 07 ninja 250 looks very very old school. Not to mention the aftermarket scene is virtually nothing.

That is why for a time and still now I am thinking of getting a 600ss bike just so I can play around with it and have something that suits my style of riding.

Now i know you guys will be like you can ride the 250 but truthfully I find the suspension too soft, sometimes almost **** scary when taking long turns as the bike feels like it will slip out.

I want to upgrade the suspension, tires (freaking 16" inchers)...

Just don't know. I know this might sound like totally all the wrong reasons but I am a very visual person. I'd love to find an older 400CC bike to ride cuz heck even bikes from 1991 look better than this ninja.

Not sure its even worth it to modify or put any money into thisbike..

Any advice?
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2008, 03:51 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Only you can choose what's right for you. All I can say is that I've never met anyone who after a few years, looks back and says I'm glad I sold my 250 when I did. To a person, it's "I made a mistake and should have kept it much longer". Anything you need to learn about riding on the street the 250 can teach you. Style's a personal thing, and the older-gen does have an old-school look to it, but I think someone who's riding the crap out of an older bike has more going for them than someone tip-toeing and wobbling through the corners on the latest and greatest repli-racer...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #3
vonbeezy
Professional Newb

Name: Hunter

Motorcycle(s): 08' Lime Ninja 250r :)

"I'd love a newer 08 Ninja250"

Then get one!

you will definitely enjoy it
vonbeezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM   #4
djpharoah
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbeezy View Post
"I'd love a newer 08 Ninja250"

Then get one!

you will definitely enjoy it
Wish it were that simple - here in SoCal the prices are almost retarded for those.

Old December 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #5
vonbeezy
Professional Newb

Name: Hunter

Motorcycle(s): 08' Lime Ninja 250r :)

True..perhaps I spoke to soon, but i definately wouldn't worry too much about aftermarket parts and such for your bike seeing as you don't seem to sure that you want to keep it that long. And seriously just check around for what types of bikes you like are going for a set a goal. For me i know how much the next bike i want costs and I know how much i can sell my 250 for if i want a fast sell, so I basically am just saving up the difference between the two and when I get that it'll make buying a different bike a cinch.
vonbeezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #6
djpharoah
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbeezy View Post
True..perhaps I spoke to soon, but i definately wouldn't worry too much about aftermarket parts and such for your bike seeing as you don't seem to sure that you want to keep it that long. And seriously just check around for what types of bikes you like are going for a set a goal. For me i know how much the next bike i want costs and I know how much i can sell my 250 for if i want a fast sell, so I basically am just saving up the difference between the two and when I get that it'll make buying a different bike a cinch.
Thing is I'm happy with the 250 performance wise but to get the things i want in a bike I prolly be better of buying another bike than putting money into the 250.

However it all depends if I can get my asking price obo for it.

Old December 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
However it all depends if I can get my asking price obo for it.
You can always get your asking price OBO. Just depends how flexible you are on the OBO.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #8
djpharoah
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You can always get your asking price OBO. Just depends how flexible you are on the OBO.
Haha - tahts the truth.

I am gonna see if I can sell this ninja and maybe get one of the 08s.