ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old December 15th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #1
zartan
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Bar end Mirrors?

I have searched the topics and only found a few on changing out the mirrors retrofitting other models mirrors.

Has anyone put some good quality bar end mirrors on? I think the hooligan look would be fun. If so, is visiblity is better?

There are some good looking at the link below but pricey. http://www.bevelheaven.com/stuff-for-sale-mirror.htm

Old December 15th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #2
kkim

It's unfortunate that spacers for our stock mirrors are not a viable option.

Sorry, I have no experience with bar end mirrors.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2008, 12:51 AM   #3
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

I thought about it once, but I don't think it'd work too well with out bikes. With the bigger bikes you're further back from the bars and can see the mirrors. It seems with these you'd have to really lean back if you wanted to see the mirrors.
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #4
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Thanks KKim and That is a good point Vex. Throttle Rocket picked up this catalog when we were at the motorcycle show yesterday.

They have mirror wideners.
but not listed for the 250 but in the catalog there were a ton so maybe something might work.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com

I just emailed them to ask if they are working on something or if they know what will retrofit.

edit these are the basic hinge ones
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...view/2516/223/

Old December 15th, 2008, 04:32 AM   #5
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post

http://www.twistedthrottle.com

I just emailed them to ask if they are working on something or if they know what will retrofit.
They won't fit. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago.

I found a workable (cheaper) solution. I bought 2 of the round (2" diam) stick-on spot mirrors, available at most auto stores and placed them in the upper/outside corner of each mirror.

I then rotated each mirror down (more toward the ground) and angled them toward me. To check them, I backed up to the center of my Jeep and about a foot away. I wanted to make sure that I could see traffic directly behind me. The regular mirrors showed each fender and turn signal for that side of the vehicle, while the spots allowed me to see the center of the Jeep from both sides.

By rotating them down, you bypass your shoulders!
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #6
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

CRG mirror is really nice! The bar ends on the 250r look like they would work real well mount them on < With a slight notch put onto them. See 1st pic, kinda sad..... but you get the idea

On my other bike, the bar ends were really short. So we just made a bar end to mount the mirror on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barend.JPG (41.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg CRG mirror.jpg (125.1 KB, 19 views)
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2008, 08:03 AM   #7
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Yes, there are bar-end mirrors that work on 250Rs. Some even have integrated turn signals in them. I have seen pictures on other forums and they do work better than the stock mirrors, but what wouldn't? I don't like the look of bar-ends and have given up looking for something to replace the stock mirrors. There just doesn't seem to be anything out for 250R mirrors in the aftermarket just yet. I've also settled for the stick-on convex mirrors (individually sold at WalMart for just a couple of bucks) and they are a big improvement.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote