ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 19th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #1
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Hey Sacramento area riders....

As I have mentioned in previous frustrated posts, my local dealer closed last year and I have to find a new place to do my major services.

The only other places I know of around here are:
Good Times Kawasaki
PCP Motorsports
Roseville Cycle Center
Carmichael Honda Motorsports

I can find very little information about these places online (Dealer websites all say the same thing.... virtually nothing). What little I found as far as reviews for the first 3 were mostly negative. Carmichael Honda was a little better, but I don't know if they only work on Hondas, and NEVER hear of them around town.

Any first-hand accounts would be helpful.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Hey, there is west coast motorsports. They took forever to do the work on my bike... so for the routine stuff, make sure they can get it done that day for you. They seem to only have one mechanic, while he works hard... its just not enough.

Just mention that you are part of the sacramento crotch rockets and the labor prices are pretty good. Although I would probably not mention it until you get a quote, as they could just tack on an hour to make up for the discount you are getting. I don't really trust them.
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #3
headshrink

Hmmmm.... a trustworthy mechanic would be worth extra to me. Is there such a thing?

Old February 20th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Probably not, unless it is your friend. You could always pull some tricks to make sure that they actually took apart pieces that would need to be taken apart to perform the service. Light layer of glue, to check if the seal was broken, mark things that need to be replaces with a tiny dot. ect.
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2010, 12:40 AM   #5
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickds7 View Post
Probably not, unless it is your friend. You could always pull some tricks to make sure that they actually took apart pieces that would need to be taken apart to perform the service. Light layer of glue, to check if the seal was broken, mark things that need to be replaces with a tiny dot. ect.
I like your style Nick.

Old November 28th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Darkshadow4ya
Dusty

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 green ninja 250

hey guys im from sacramento,ca

maybe sometime we can hook up and ride around town or something?
Darkshadow4ya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #7
ithaca00
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250 (street), 1994 EX250 (Race), 2008 250R (Race), 2000 250 (project), 1991 EL250 (a cruiser!)

What work do you need done?

I've been known to work on the occasional 250 I've also got a buddy that has a side business working on bikes and does tires cheap.

WCM (West Coast Motors) does have a following but I've never had any work done there. I'm a part of Sacramento Crotch Rockets and there's a bunch of people that have had nothing but good things to say about them and there's a few that say bad things about them. As with a lot of small moto service places I've heard of the priority they put your service is greatly enhanced if they know/like you...
ithaca00 is offline   Reply With Quote