ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 26th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #1
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Name: snowsoldier

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r - yoshi slip-on, fender-elim, Pazzo levers, Pro-bolt gold mods, b-monkey ITL, SSR hanger/spools

Talking Bike Monkey Integrated LED tail light ---- PICS

for all those who are interested in hooking up the bike monkey LED tail light, here are some pics..

this is the smoked light installed, just waiting to get my new relay and the stock signals will be long gone,

enjoy folks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000309.jpg (102.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000311.jpg (71.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000312.jpg (83.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000313.jpg (85.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000315.jpg (78.0 KB, 16 views)
snowsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Looking good!

Old April 26th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #3
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r - yoshi slip-on, fender-elim, Pazzo levers, Pro-bolt gold mods, b-monkey ITL, SSR hanger/spools

Wink

thanks alot !! its super bright and easy to install, fits great.

highly recommended!

Old April 26th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #4
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

do the outer ring led's (running lights) get brighter when the brakes are applied, or only the center strip? I"ve got what I think is a BM knockoff and only the center strip lights up when the brakes are on, the outer ring stays the same. not that i really care, but was more curious than anything.

thanks
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #5
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Talking

i might have the same light as you, only the centre lights up....which I am totally fine with, it would almost seem too bright if the outer ring LEDS lit up?? wouldnt ya think??? hm, anyways, I got it for mad cheap, so it was well worth it.

Old April 26th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #6
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Talking

basing that reply on the install i did about 3 hours ago, once it stops raining here in the falls I will go out and double check, and get back to you...

knock off or not - better than stock!

Old April 26th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #7
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Talking

yeah only the centre lights up.

Old April 26th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #8
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Talking

here are some pics with the stock signals GONE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fix1.jpg (97.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg fix2.jpg (73.2 KB, 21 views)

Old April 26th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #9
Mike1357
Cycle Start

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r - 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Got the same light. Love the way it looks. Really cleans up the back end and the smoke looks sweet

Old April 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM   #10
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsoldier View Post
i might have the same light as you, only the centre lights up....which I am totally fine with, it would almost seem too bright if the outer ring LEDS lit up?? wouldnt ya think??? hm, anyways, I got it for mad cheap, so it was well worth it.
i got mine hella cheap too, got it from someone on the boards here as a matter of fact. They told me it wasn't a genuine BM one, I was just wondering if the outer ring had 2 brightness levels on the genuine one to satisfy my own curiosity. looks great and is plenty bright as is, but I think I'll keep my factory blinkers as well just to be on the safe side.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #11
kawac
Kawic

Name: kawa

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsoldier View Post
thanks alot !! its super bright and easy to install, fits great.

highly recommended!
I am waiting for my to arrive tomorrow! Is it tricky to hook up the turn signal? what kind of supply will I need so I can get them from autozone a head of time. Thanks.\
kawac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #12
n_aditya
ninjette.org member

Name: Aditya

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (for the weekend's) and the Suzuki Fiero for office commute.

Looks fabulous.

How much does this cost and where can i source it?

Is this unit also integrated with the turn signals?

Can i safely assume that this is brighter than the stock stop lamp and turn indicators (if integrated)?

Thanks for sharing.

Edit - I love that matt black look just beneath the tail lamp. Super cool.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #13
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Wink

its super easy to hook up,

there is a DIY here......

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21581

follow instructions,

as for parts, if you are using the stock lights in the front with this tail light, you will need to replace the relay, as seen in the DIY, with an electronic flasher relay that can support the LED's in your tail light. if using flushmount leds in the front, you will need to install dioides. there is also another DIY thread here if you take a peek around

and yes aditya, this is an integrated tail light, as well as being bright enough for your likings im sure... good luck to ya.

and yea kamikaze, i took a close look today and it's even hard to tell if the outer leds light up anymore after running, theres some much reflection on the inside of the light casing itself, I could hardly tell.

haha,

cheers everyone,

peace

Old April 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #14
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

I have a DMP integrated tail and I'm pretty sure that's the same one you guys have. My brake light only lights up in the center also, but like snowsoldier said, it pretty much lights up the whole tail light housing.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:08 AM   #15
n_aditya
ninjette.org member

Name: Aditya

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (for the weekend's) and the Suzuki Fiero for office commute.

Ordered the Bike Monkey tail light (not the one with integrated turn signals, this is only the brake light) and i should get it by the end of this month.

Here is a link to the product - http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/integra...taillight.html

I also stumbled upon the CustomLED site (http://www.customled.com/products/in...ntegrators.htm) and apparently they claim to be the brightest in the market.

I searched around for comparo's between the BikeMonkey and the CustomLED but nothing turned up.

Anyone here can help me understand which one is better in terms of performance, longevity, ease of installation, reliability, etc.?

The CustomLED ones have some great features which can be customized so this has got me thinking.

I ordered for the smoked BikeMonkey tail lamp but they messed up and sent a clear lens. Too late to do anything.

Apparently CustomLED claims that smoked lenses may change the color of the output light, reduce brightness, etc. so somehow i am happy that they sent me a clear one (kinda consoling myself ).

Please do share your views... which is better? CustomLED or BikeMonkey?

Thanks in advance and ride safe.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2012, 07:10 AM   #16
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Smoked would obviously deteriorate the light some. That's a given lol. I have the bikemonkey int blinkers, and love it. LED's do seem a bit more... dim I guess, but I think it's more so because they're spread out...? Idk? But it works perfect in daytime and night riding. Looks great. I love how it cleaned up the bike, and LED's a pretty good way to go. From what I understand, LED's last longer then bulbs.

Idk, I may not be making great points, but I love my bike monkeyz tail light. It gets the job done, and looks great. It's bright enough for people to notice, which is good in my book.
Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:33 AM   #17
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Ordered the Bike Monkey tail light (not the one with integrated turn signals, this is only the brake light) and i should get it by the end of this month.

Here is a link to the product - http://www.bikemonkey.com.au/integra...taillight.html

I also stumbled upon the CustomLED site (http://www.customled.com/products/in...ntegrators.htm) and apparently they claim to be the brightest in the market.

I searched around for comparo's between the BikeMonkey and the CustomLED but nothing turned up.

Anyone here can help me understand which one is better in terms of performance, longevity, ease of installation, reliability, etc.?

The CustomLED ones have some great features which can be customized so this has got me thinking.

I ordered for the smoked BikeMonkey tail lamp but they messed up and sent a clear lens. Too late to do anything.

Apparently CustomLED claims that smoked lenses may change the color of the output light, reduce brightness, etc. so somehow i am happy that they sent me a clear one (kinda consoling myself ).

Please do share your views... which is better? CustomLED or BikeMonkey?

Thanks in advance and ride safe.
I just saw a youtube video on this. Ill see if I can find it. CustomLED out performed bike monkey by a decent amount...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:36 AM   #18
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

ugh I cant find it.

Old January 26th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #19
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

waitin for the link on this video............

Anywho, as far as my experience goes with A-M tail lights for the new-gen ninja 250r, BM has been a win-win overall.

Old January 26th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #20
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Well Aditya, considering your state of mind..........consider yourself lucky I guess.

Old January 26th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #21
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

I looked for it more than 5 minutes. couldnt find it. Youre out of luck. I get bored easily.

Old January 26th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #22
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

Well, I have decided to get the customLED ones. I liked the fact that they have a built in, customizable modulator and they are by far the brightest on the market.
check this out and get ready to be blinded.

Link to original page on YouTube.
oh...and did I also mention that they're on sale here too http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94592

EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #23
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSXR 600 K4, Kawasaki ninja 250r 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Well, I have decided to get the customLED ones. I liked the fact that they have a built in, customizable modulator and they are by far the brightest on the market.
check this out and get ready to be blinded.

Link to original page on YouTube.
oh...and did I also mention that they're on sale here too http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=94592

What did you buy with it, like diode kit or relay and how much was the whole thing i'd be interested in getting one but no idea what i need to get, i'd have the same front turn signals then integrated at the back.
jack_bm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #24
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Tri is offering a sale right now till Feb. 1st right now. 106 shipped with your choice of a free something er rather you would need... lol

Old January 27th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #25
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

@Jack...if you wanna retain the stock front signals and put in the integrated at the back, you would need just a relay. That would amount to $106 + shipping like Justin said.
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #26
jack_bm
Ex ninjette!

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSXR 600 K4, Kawasaki ninja 250r 08

Yeah thanks for that i have PM'd Tri to save loads of comments on the post and i should have my name down for, it as you said with the relay and it comes out as $130 because im in the UK and for an extra few $$ i could get tracked shipping so i thought would be best to do that, i dont mind paying a bit extra as its got further to come

its nice to finally start modding my bike lol just got to find out how to fit it but i've looked at a DIY and looks simple enough and Tri said he might do a video also showing how to do it which will be helfull as im rubbish at reading and instructions lol
jack_bm is offline   Reply With Quote