ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old April 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #1
SdSy675
ninjette.org member

Name: Glenn

Motorcycle(s): 06 Daytona 675, 09 Ninja 250

HELP?! Reinstalling Carbs?!

Is there an online copy of the Ninja Service Manual?!?!?

Here's an example of what NOT to do... DO ALL MODS AT ONCE!!! Besides cleaning the carbs, brake calipers, entire bike, replace rearsets with new rearsets, replace brake pads, replace brake lines, flush brake fluid, flush radiator, do an oil change, install undertail, remove airbox, remove CA emissions to include Kleen Air, Rejet the carbs, clean out the gunk in the Pilot jets, pulling out the mixture plugs and adjusting to 2 1/2, replace levers, shim the needles, etc. etc. etc...

I took out the carbs out almost two weeks ago and now that I have everything ready to reinstall, I completely forgot which hose goes where... HELP!!! What screwed me up the most is when I ripped out the Kleen air/CA emissions crap... I forgot which tubes to plug, what needs to be ventilated, which tube to plug on the tank and which hose connects to the petcock...

I'M SCREWED!!! Remember kids... don't bit off more than you can chew... OR ELSE YOU'LL CHOKE AND DROP DEAD LIKE ME!!! HELP!!!
SdSy675 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #2
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Search for it. It's online somewhere. I'm not sure if posting it here is a violation of forum policy.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Hey Glenn, I guess I should've brought you a copy to borrow. I can drop it off for you after work tomorrow or I'm off thu and fri. Any specific hoses you have questions about?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69471

It is also a bit hard to mix up hoses once you attempt it. There's a thicker hose on the left side (looking from behind) that fits the thicker tube on your petcock. The smaller hose coming out of the middle with the small clamp fits the smaller tube on your petcock. There's another tube from the middle that you just drape below the carb beneath the bike.

From the tank, first tube is the overflow that just routes underneath your bike as well. Second and third tube (blue and red dot) should be vacuumed off. I believe that should be all your tubes. Reattach throttle and choke cables, place idle knob back into it's bracket. I can also help you out in person if you want.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote