ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 18th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Anyone ever hit up a riding school?

I want to ask my wife for the ultimate Christmas present this year.

A two day course at CSS (California Superbike school).

I'm just wondering who has been and what should I expect if I end up going, or end up talking her into letting me go.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I haven't done Code's school but I did do the Penquin school after my first few races. I recommend taking as many schools as you can. You will learn something from each and have a blast doing it. I was thinking of treating my boys to a school or two (if they let me go with them).

Expect to learn things that you never thought of. Expect to do things you thought you could never do. Expect to be physically and mentally exhausted when you're done. Expect to be a MUCH better rider. Expect to be unable to stop smiling the entire time. Expect to dream about the experience for days, weeks, years.

Old June 22nd, 2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I haven't done Code's school but I did do the Penquin school after my first few races. I recommend taking as many schools as you can. You will learn something from each and have a blast doing it. I was thinking of treating my boys to a school or two (if they let me go with them).

Expect to learn things that you never thought of. Expect to do things you thought you could never do. Expect to be physically and mentally exhausted when you're done. Expect to be a MUCH better rider. Expect to be unable to stop smiling the entire time. Expect to dream about the experience for days, weeks, years.
Oscar, You talked me into it. How do you think that they will accept a 68 year old--even if he has been riding 40+ years?
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 06:54 AM   #4
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Alex, you will do fine. Jerry is no spring chicken and he still races. You will love the experience.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:43 AM   #5
lockie
ninjette.org sage

Name: don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250R

Discovery channel in Canada had a story today on the California Superbike School. Neat bit of TV. I don't know if it's available again or not. Had clips with Code.

Later......Check out the Daily Planet program for June 22. Clip 4 at http://www.discoverychannel.ca
lockie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:15 PM   #6
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
That was great. I'd love to use those slider bars. You could really drift the rear end with no worries.