ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 18th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #1
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

questions on track day

Is this where people learn about body positioning and leaning in corner?
I want to learn the proper ways to lean onto the bike when cornering.
Does anyone know any school in NJ that offer such courses?

Thanks,
Tin
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #2
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

I just hit up the track to ride like a mad man. There are control riders at the events to help you out.

Dont know about tracks in your area thou.

Check here:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/magaz...day-directory/
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #3
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
I just hit up the track to ride like a mad man. There are control riders at the events to help you out.

Dont know about tracks in your area thou.

Check here:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/magaz...day-directory/
I've never been to the track.
How does the track usually work?
Do you pay for the full day and ride as many laps as you want?
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #4
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

They break it down into sessions, usually 20 minutes each. Novice, Intermediate & advanced. Sometimes they run two groups, fast & not so fast. < these you get twice the amount of track time(miles) from the day.

For novice, they show you around the track for a couple sessions(you follow CR's). Then they let you go out on your own, just no passing in corners. I & A pretty munch anything goes, just no stuffing & 6' between passes in I.
"I" is probably the most dangerous group to ride in, such a wide range of abilities. People just coming outta N, and people ready for A.

Anyway, is lots of fun! If you like riding fast & pushing your own limits. You should hit a TD up

For the cost. Pay for a day, or the weekend(two days)
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #5
2WheelGuy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
Is this where people learn about body positioning and leaning in corner?
I want to learn the proper ways to lean onto the bike when cornering.
Does anyone know any school in NJ that offer such courses?
There is a difference between "Track Days" and "Track Schools".

Track Days evolved from Test Days where licensed racers could work on their machines and practice on the race track. Today's Track Days are more organized/supervised events that allow anyone to bring their machines to the track. Track Days just provide you with access to a race track. Anything additional such as instruction is up to the company running the event.

Track Schools are just that, a blend of classroom and on track drills. These are typically much more expensive than track days. Most are geared toward making experienced track riders/racers even better. What you are looking for is a "novice" school. If you were on the West Coast I could point you in the right direction.

Most race tracks have a calendar of events on their websites. Use that to find the motorcycle track day organizations in your area. Contact them and ask what novice instruction they provide.

I've been running track days with Pacific Track Time in California/Nevada for over 5 years. I usually have at least on of my 250s at the track and invite all the 250 people to come out and ride with me.
AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #6
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I found this on a new site called google. I put in motorcycle trackdays and this came out;

Motorcycle Track Days for the New England RegionA Motorcycle Trackday company that rides in NH (NHMS) and NJ (NJMP) at the New Hampshire speedway and the New Jersey Motorsports Park. Trackdays are an ...
Tony Iannarelli - Advanced Riding Clinic - June 15 and 16, NJ
www.tonystrackdays.com/ - Cached - Similar
TRACKDAYRIDERS.COM :: The Track Riders ResourceLooking for motorcycle track days in your area? TRACKDAYRIDERS. ... 2009-06-25, New Jersey Motorsport Park, Millville, NJ, Motorcycle Xcitement ...
www.trackdayriders.com/ - Cached - Similar
All Revved Up Motorcycle Exhibition Just Part Of New Jersey ...Jun 4, 2009 ... During the weekend, Team Pro-Motion – the Official Motorcycle School and Sportbike Track Day Provider of New Jersey Motorsports Park – is ...
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/new....php?newsID=54 - Cached - Similar
Buttonwillow Track Day Wed May 30, 2007 Limited Riders - Honda ...Now if it was only closer to NJ.... pizzaboy is offline ... We're on RoadracingWorld.com // Roadracing World Magazine // Motorcycle Roadracing Daily ... This is basically a $100 track day where you get 50% more time for another $50. ...
http://www.fireblades.org/.../track-...ed-riders.html - Cached - Similar
Track Day Organizations - Sport Rider MagazineTony's Track Days. New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NH), New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJ). TrackAddix Motorcycle Trackdays. (866) 928-7225 ...
http://www.sportrider.com/ride/146_0....../index.html - Cached - Similar
2009 Motorcycle Xcitement Schedule - Trackdays and Riding Schools ...Happy New Year from Motorcycle Xcitement Track Days and Racing School ! ... at the new Thunderbolt Raceway at New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. ...
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/.../Mo...-Schedule.aspx - Cached - Similar
ABSOLUTE CYCLE PERFORMANCE LLC Rahway, NJ 1 (877) 382-9800Rahway , NJ 07065. Email Answered 24/7 and holidays ... Motorcycle Shows, and Track-days. Toll-Free Internet Purchase Phone Hours: ...
www.shopabsolutecp.com/shop/index.htm - Cached - Similar
Ducati announces “Ducs Fly South” track day - Motorcycles - Zimbio... track day, which will be held July 13th at New Jersey Motorsports Park. ... Blog: Motorcycle News and Best Reviews | Ultimate MotorCycling - Robb Report ...
http://www.zimbio.com/Motorcycles/.....outh+track+day - 8 hours ago - Similar
Motorcycle Xcitement: Track Days & Sportbike InstructionThe school is taught on the track days. Pre-registration is mandatory. ... Our newest track is Thunderbolt Raceway at New Jersey Motorsports Park in ...
www.motorcyclexcitement.com/ - Cached - Similar
Sportbike Track Time - Get on the right track !! Toll Free #888 ...Femmoto Women's Track Day Founder Announces New Direction in 2009 - The U.S. Women's Cup Series ... 22 New Jersey MSP "Thunderbolt Course" – Milville, NJ ...www.sportbiketracktime.com/ - Cached - Similar

I'm not sure if this will help. You might have to click on one of these to find out the specifics (or just ask one of us to do it for you). This was just the first page.

Old June 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #7
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I found this on a new site called google. I put in motorcycle trackdays and this came out;
is this "Google" something relatively new???
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #8
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I just stumbled across it. I guess it has been around but most people don't know about it or don't know how to use it. There were no instructions so you have to just guess at what you're doing.

Old June 24th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #9
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I just stumbled across it. I guess it has been around but most people don't know about it or don't know how to use it. There were no instructions so you have to just guess at what you're doing.
I keep googling google but all it does is bring me back to google. I am caught in a vicious cycle or is it circle? Let me google it and find out.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote