ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old February 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #1
CmichRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Leather Overpants?

I've just been riding with jeans this last season, and as our Michigan winter (hopefully) comes to a close, I'd like to get a nice pair of overpants for that added protection. I do a lot of quick trips here and there, and so overpants are what is most convenient for me. I debated for a while between overpants and just regular pants, but I figure if I wear the overpants 100% of the time compared to 70% of the time for regular pants, I'm better off with the overpants.

I'm looking to spend around $150 on some riding pants, I would prefer leather since I like that added protection and peace of mind, but I don't know if that's plausible with my budget. Plus I feel like leather is less bulky, compared to mesh or textile.

So far I've seen these:

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...overpants.html

But I didn't know if there were any other options out there, or if you guys had any opinions?
CmichRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #2
outasight20
ninjette.org member

Name: Weezy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Yamaha FZ6

I have the Scorpion Deuce Overpants. They aren't leather, but they have CE armor in the knees and hips and a full length zip out windproof liner. The outer portion of the pants has ballistic nylon in the high impact areas and armor mesh in the thigh and rear ankle area. They flow a ton of air without the liner and I can ride with the liner in over jeans in 40 degree weather no problem.
outasight20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #3
CmichRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninja 250

Are you wearing them as an overpant or no? Do you feel just as protected with it as you would with leather? How about during the summer months, do you get too hot or is it just right?
CmichRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #4
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

When I asked my mate who works at CycleGear, he said the only one he knows of are a pair of Icons. All the other over pants he has ever seen are mesh or textile. I can't remember the model, but I think RevZilla has/had them.

Edit: The Automag is a 'relaxed over pant fit'.

Overlords may work, I'd try before buying though.

And new for 2012, the Compound Overpant. Heck, it has Overpant in the name.
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote