ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old February 4th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
BOO!! thinking i broke my scaphoid bone

So was snowboarding 2 weeks ago and I took a fall off of a big kicker and my wrist was bothering me a bit.

Figured I would let it go for a week or so and see how it feels and looks before I went to the Dr. about it.

It is still tender and motion is very limited but swelling has gone done.
Now that swelling is down when I go to bend my wrist back I can see a protrusion under the skin in the scaphoid position and I can push it and pop it back in place It is probably fractured going to dr today to get slip for x-ray with any luck it is a good break and won't require anything besides some TLC.

unfortunately it is my right hand and the limited motion is the wrist = throttle movement

The scaphoid is a finicky bone and with some fractures blood flow can be compromised and cause more serious complications. I need to get this taken care of and make sure it heals correctly.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #2
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Hate you fell, go get it taken care of!

Old February 6th, 2014, 12:04 PM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
I know everyone is on the edge of their seats to find out how things are going so let me tell you.

X-rays came back negative....but unfortunately that doesn't mean much. A high percentage of scaphoid bone fractures are not visible via x-ray. I will most likely have to get an MRI now.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old February 6th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #4
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Damn... this is why I've spent less and less time in the park and on rails. When you're young and fall, you bounce, get back up, and your buddies have a good laugh. Now when I fall, I skid, lay in the snow and my buddies call the ski medic.

Hopefully you heal up well. The MRI should confirm a break or not and if so, possible CT scans afterwards to assess healing.

Old February 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #5
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^ yeah I guess I lose track of how many years have actually gone by from the last time I used to do that kind of riding seriously, still like to think I'm a young buck