ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 20th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #1
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Question scorpion exo-1000 owners, i have a question.

Hey there guy.
So if anyone has ever seen my posts about gear, they may notice I own a scorpion exo-500. I think the size is a little too small, but have yet decided for sure if I want to buy another size, or helmet. I do intend on getting a new helmet around the time I pick up my bike (ill just use the one I have now and see if it slightly breaks in a little) or atleast try on different sizes to make sure I am right about it being too small.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling. On to my question. Scorpion has a new helmet coming out and its a revised Exo-1000. Its the Exo-1100. Its Dot and Ece approved, meaning lighter then the current snell exo1000. I was just wondering how you guys feel about the air flow in the current 1000's? Do you find it bad, normal, or very well? The new 1100 is supposed to have improved air tunnels to provide more air, so I'm just wondering how the airflow is right now for the current 1000s.

Thanks!
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #2
sneak78
ninjette.org member

Name: matthieu

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r 2010 green

I discussed with a employee at scorpion. He explained to me that air flow and noise insulation are just the same and people wanting more air flow on the exo 1000 will complain about the loss of insulation... So if you want air flow go for a sport helmet like the 750, if you want silence go for a touring helmet like the 1000.

Then almost everybody has a too big helmet, I never heard of a too small helmet since the right size is the smallest you can fit in without hurting. I have a size S, it's very very tight and when wearing a "tuyeaucom" (great communication device between driver and passenger, cheap and extremely good, works just like stethoscope) I used to wish I had bought a bigger size helmet due to my ear hurting me badly when getting the helmet on and off my head. I bought a hood and now it's way better.

And the exo 500 is an extremely good helmet, I bought one for my girlfriend, I tried it a few times, love it, that's the one I would buy if my exo 1000 died right now.
sneak78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #3
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Really? Hmm. How was the airflow on the 500? Do you find it better or the same as your 1000? See, being in Florida and all, it gets pretty hot. I wasnt sure whether to keep my EXO-500 if I did indeed decide it was too tight, or to try the 1000 simply because the reviews I read said improved airflow.

(I dont pick up my bike until two weeks from now, but I've had all my gear for a few months. Which is why I'm clueless as to the airflow lol)
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #4
sneak78
ninjette.org member

Name: matthieu

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r 2010 green

Both have little airflow, can't say which one have the smallest but don't get a new exo 1000 if you want more airflow than the 500. Get a 750 or another brand sports helmet.
In summer I ride them both (500 and 1000) with the visor slightly opened and then I can breath. I do the same at winter with the 1000 but next winter I'll steal the pinlock visor from my GF's helmet!

I own a 2009 exo 1000 but it has a 2011 chin air inlet scorpion gave me for free (mounting included) since a HUGE bug broke my air inlet!
sneak78 is offline   Reply With Quote