ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 26th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #1
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Name: JR

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Jet kits

I should be ordering a jet kit in a couple of days and I would like to know if there is any difference between DynoJet and Factory pro. Are both basically the same?? Is it worth the difference in $?
wellcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 05:32 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to tech

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #3
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I haven't seen or used a dynojet kit but you can browse through the entire install of the K&N r-0990 filter and the Factory Pro 3.0 jet kit in my build thread. Only thing I didn't cover in photographs yet is adjusting float height and drilling the slides. (I'll get there)

I felt the Factory Pro kit may have been overpriced in terms of materials but what it did to how my bike runs and the tuning sheets I got with it, as well as the fancy needles and (inexpensive) cap head screws made it all worth the price. Combined with the $30 K&N pod, best $130 I put into the bike yet.

FP shipped so fast they saved the day and got it to me in time to make my ride the next day too. I was impressed.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #4
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Thanks Sir, did you buy the kit and the K&N filter to them or separately? I see that they have the kit for about $180 plus shipping, this includes the filter.

Is a $30 difference between DJ ($74 shipped) and FP ($104 shipped), I find $15 for shipping on the FP is kind of expensive. I mean if there is a difference I'll go with the FP, I already spend about $600 for the exhaust and the K&N filter so if there is a difference between the 2 I will spend the extra $30.

Is there any other place that sells FP jet kit other than them? You know that sometimes when you by direct, things are a bit expensive than buying to a retailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
I haven't seen or used a dynojet kit but you can browse through the entire install of the K&N r-0990 filter and the Factory Pro 3.0 jet kit in my build thread. Only thing I didn't cover in photographs yet is adjusting float height and drilling the slides. (I'll get there)

I felt the Factory Pro kit may have been overpriced in terms of materials but what it did to how my bike runs and the tuning sheets I got with it, as well as the fancy needles and (inexpensive) cap head screws made it all worth the price. Combined with the $30 K&N pod, best $130 I put into the bike yet.

FP shipped so fast they saved the day and got it to me in time to make my ride the next day too. I was impressed.

Old January 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #5
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

I also see that the DJ kit is stage 1 & 2` and FP kit is stage 1 & 3, what is the difference? I'm going to install a new Yoshi full syst that should be here next monday, K&N pod filter, remove Kleen syst and in the near feature new sprockets. I wish I could do more to modify it, but I think there isn't much more to do to this bike, right?

Thanks

Old January 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #6
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Nice, I was able to find the FP complete jet kit for $99.00 shipped instead of $104 , that's going to be easy on my pocket, just kidding. Now which one should it take, is to which is better than the other.

Last futzed with by wellcraft; January 27th, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Old January 27th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #7
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Best to go with the FP if your going to pods. The DJ kit for the 08+ is for the stock air cleaner box. Save on having to buy more jets......
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #8
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

I didn't know that, so im going with FP then.

Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
Best to go with the FP if your going to pods. The DJ kit for the 08+ is for the stock air cleaner box. Save on having to buy more jets......

Old January 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #9
laraider
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r green(sold) 2009 zx6r green

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
what is going to pods? sorry im new to all this.
laraider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #10
lunerkid
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraider View Post
what is going to pods? sorry im new to all this.
You can refer to this post with regards to pods.

Basically removing the air box and putting in a new type of filter.
lunerkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #11
laraider
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r green(sold) 2009 zx6r green

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunerkid View Post
You can refer to this post with regards to pods.

Basically removing the air box and putting in a new type of filter.
thx man.. i looked at the factory pro website, they have the kit with 2 filters for 179.95, is that the only thing i need to do the mod? thx!!!
laraider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #12
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Steven, you'll need a goot bit of time/patience to pull the airbox and cheap breather filter as well, to cover your crankcase air intake. It's mentioned/pictured in the thread Ed linked. Other'n that the FP kit should have all you need.

JR, I'm running a DJ kit and like the fact that their main jet sizes = the size of the hole in the main jet instead of some other number like Keihin/FP mains. That said, I'd say go with FP, if you haven't already, because they include carb screws which you will want (the stock ones strip so easy it's not funny), as well as a new pilot jet. DynoJet does not include either of these.

See the wiki article here

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #13
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

I'm ordering the FP kit tonight, I know is a bit more expensive but at least now I know it has more stuff in the kit. I also read that FP are more into this kind of kits for our bike than DJ, most probably this guys have a bit more experience than the DJ guys. Also read that their kits are a bit more refine.
\
Definitely going with FP , thanks Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
Steven, you'll need a goot bit of time/patience to pull the airbox and cheap breather filter as well, to cover your crankcase air intake. It's mentioned/pictured in the thread Ed linked. Other'n that the FP kit should have all you need.

JR, I'm running a DJ kit and like the fact that their main jet sizes = the size of the hole in the main jet instead of some other number like Keihin/FP mains. That said, I'd say go with FP, if you haven't already, because they include carb screws which you will want (the stock ones strip so easy it's not funny), as well as a new pilot jet. DynoJet does not include either of these.

See the wiki article here

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #14
wellcraft
ninjette.org guru

Does it makes a difference on what exhaust you have? I'm going with yoshi full system

Old January 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #15
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
Does it makes a difference on what exhaust you have? I'm going with yoshi full system
no
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #16
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
no
I'd have to both agree and disagree Kelly.

I agree that the exhaust you get doesn't dictate which kit you should get (eg if you get Yoshi, get FP but if you're getting AreaP go DJ), but the different jet ranges in the kits might match up better/worse with a particular exhaust pattern.
That said, the final jetting varies enough from bike to bike, I don't think it's worth worrying about. If you somehow wind up finding out the mains you have aren't quite right for the setup you've got, it's rather easy to get the sizes you do need on the cheap.
Long story short, no, probably doesn't matter. Just feeling argumentative