ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 11th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #1
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

I got my bike back today!

YAY i got my bike back today! then 2 mins later as i was making a left the front tire gave way and i headed into a 20 ft low side. i was not going fast enough to loose traction and i saw nothing in the road to slip on. The left side fairing is rashed up, i have a cracked rib and a bruised knee. If not for my gear my face would be mangled, My shoulder would be shatered, my knuckles would be broken and i would be walking with a limp as my ankle would be jacked up. Take this lesson people and keep that gear on!

175 to repaint the fairing if i want to get it painted, i am thinking of leaving it rashed up as a reminder for if i ever try and get on it with out my gear on.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Wow, tough luck, glad to hear that your ok though. It could always have been worse. Did you walk under a bunch of ladders? Because your having some really bad luck

Old February 11th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Knee pads are a must have item...Glad your OK...
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #4
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko View Post
Knee pads are a must have item...Glad your OK...
Yup and I have a pair and did not have them on. The only two parts of my body that are hurt are the only parts I didn't have gear on. Go figure lol.

I look at it as good luck not bad. If it q's something on te tire I am lucky it was a street that has little traffic, lucky there was very little damage compared to how hard I hit, lucky that I gained some knowledge of a crash with only minor injurys. So not bad luck in my eyes.

Old February 11th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Who had your bike and why? Could they have done something to your tires? Glad you hear you're OK.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #6
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Who had your bike and why? Could they have done something to your tires? Glad you hear you're OK.
My bike was at te shop as it was stolen and I was lucky enough to get it back. I don't think there was anything on the tires. The more I think about it the more I think it was just very slick non gripy pavement combined with too much lean angle. The more I think back the more I think both tires just slid out. Lesson learned the hard way, I need to pay better attention to the type of pavement I am on.

Old February 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #7
Havok
Internet Slut

Ok you were right my luck does suck. went and got a drink today came out and my bike was on her side, some jerk off knocked her over. A few more scratches and a busted turn signal. /cry

Old February 12th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #8
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

WTF! Dude. Take your bike to an exorcist pronto. That's just too many things happening in such a short time span.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #9
Havok
Internet Slut

No ****. My luck needs to turn around

Old February 12th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #10
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

I know the feeling...
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Havok
Internet Slut

You know what though, i am not going to brood over it. truth is i went down and came out with minor injuries so that was good. The only damage the jerk did was a few more scratches on the side that was all ready scratched and a broken turn signal. Things couls have been worse for both so its all good lol.

Old February 14th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #12
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Jeff...i'm going to pray for you tonight! someone's got an evil eye on you...

but I gotta say, i love your attitude throughout all this, anyone else would be whining about all this.

Old February 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #13
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
Jeff...i'm going to pray for you tonight! someone's got an evil eye on you...

but I gotta say, i love your attitude throughout all this, anyone else would be whining about all this.
Thanks I can use it lol and it is all working out already. Turns out when I looked at the bike in the light when they pained the left side he matched the black to the tail secition so it's a gloss black, the side I rashed up is the metalic black so I am going to work out a deal to get that side repainted instead of the gloss black side as I think it looks way better with the gloss. So it will all work out

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #14
KawiRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): '08 and 09 Ninja 250R

I read the post about your bike being stolen. Now this happens! Can a guy and his Ninjette catch a break?
KawiRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #15
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

Dang, sorry to hear that happened but glad you were geared up. Hope you heal quickly.
slolane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #16
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
When my car came out of the shop last year, as I pulled to a stop sign (very slowly) the ABS kicked in on a simple stop. I think it was something on the tires picked up off the shop floor, likely oil. Sucks to have it happen on a bike, though.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #17
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
When my car came out of the shop last year, as I pulled to a stop sign (very slowly) the ABS kicked in on a simple stop. I think it was something on the tires picked up off the shop floor, likely oil. Sucks to have it happen on a bike, though.

As logical a reason as any other one I can think of. At this point I am calling it a lovers spat. She was pissed off that I let her get stolen and that the asshole cut her up a bit and was reminding me of how I need to take care of her as she takes care of me. I also think she was a bit scared of me driving her to work still as the memories of what happened to her flashed back.

I think we came to an understanding though, I showed her the new parking spot inside that is going to keep her safe and as I took off the fairing last night to have it painted had a long conversation with her about all of this that I was not mad that she dropped me and I would take better care of her. I even told her that if she was good I would get her a fender eliminator and some flush mounts for her birthday.

Yes I am strange lol.

Old February 16th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #18
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Exorcizo te creature in nomine Deo, patris omnipotentis et in virtute Spiritu Sancti.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #19
Blackwidow

so how did you find your bike after it was stolen? I can't seem to find that thread you discussed that in.

Old February 16th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #20
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
As logical a reason as any other one I can think of. At this point I am calling it a lovers spat. She was pissed off that I let her get stolen and that the asshole cut her up a bit and was reminding me of how I need to take care of her as she takes care of me. I also think she was a bit scared of me driving her to work still as the memories of what happened to her flashed back.

I think we came to an understanding though, I showed her the new parking spot inside that is going to keep her safe and as I took off the fairing last night to have it painted had a long conversation with her about all of this that I was not mad that she dropped me and I would take better care of her. I even told her that if she was good I would get her a fender eliminator and some flush mounts for her birthday.
Man, she's got you whipped. I vote you slap her around (the track) a bit and show her who's boss.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #21
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
so how did you find your bike after it was stolen? I can't seem to find that thread you discussed that in.
Cazy story. I was going to all the local shops to let them know in case someone came in for parts or to try and sell stuff off it. When I went into a shop here in Pedro and told the guy my bike was missing he told me he got it back the night before. What happened was the kid who stole it had stolen another bike. He was riding up and down the street like an ass trying to do wheelies and ****. The owner of the shop took a closer look an noticed it was one of his customers bike. He called his customer up to let him know the guy he let ride it was going to crash. That is when he told him it was stolen. Tim the shop owner left his shop an followed the thief home and called the cops. When they raided his house to get that bike back the asshole was in his garage stripping my bike down.

Old February 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #22
Blackwidow

WOW Jeff, that is quit a story. Good for that shop owner for stepping up to the plate.

Old February 20th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #23
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

new side panels are $220, i'd go that route over painting. (of course i have an 05) it freakin' sucks as i got on to say i know what you went through waiting to get her back and now this. you can lean these puppies over, waaaay over. had to be something on tire(s). Sorry bro, i'd look for a panel for you but i do pre-gens parts, sorry.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #24
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
new side panels are $220, i'd go that route over painting. (of course i have an 05) it freakin' sucks as i got on to say i know what you went through waiting to get her back and now this. you can lean these puppies over, waaaay over. had to be something on tire(s). Sorry bro, i'd look for a panel for you but i do pre-gens parts, sorry.
Cant get new gen for 220 i wish i could. The paint is not costing much as the painter has left over from he insurance claim. Just time so its under 100 to fix it up and that is worth it to me.