ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #1
asuh
ninjette.org member

Name: Albert

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Reliable, Independent bike shops in LA area?

So, it's been a couple months since I've ridden my bike...mainly cause I need to get some minor repairs done. For those of you who live in SoCal (LA) can you provide some recommendations for bike shops that don't charge an arm and a leg? Thanks much.

Old November 14th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #2
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

Wynn Powersports, Cycle Mall, and Metric Method have gotten good reviews from locals. I would avoid Superbike Nation, fastlane cycles (they are the ones with the black marble tiles on craigslist they are scammers!), del amo motorsports, honda of hollywood, hahm. The ones I listed (favirably) are in the OC, not sure of any shops in LA.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #3
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

One of the guys I work with has a friend that owns/runs "Reliable cycles and marine" or something like that. It is near Anaheim but I am not sure of the city that it is in. He said that the owner is Kawasaki factor trained. I have never went there but he did get good reviews from his friend. Sorry that I can't give more info.

nb

Old November 15th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Asylum Motorsports. They actually know what they are doing.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #5
Ken
"Is that the Ninjer 1000?

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Quarter Liter Kawi

I'd like to know as well, especially for valve adjustments. Has anyone taken their bike to a shop for a valve adjustment? I've been directed to some small shops but the price given to me seems too cheap ($150) for the work involved and some LA-area dealers are quoting rape prices ($450-$500) so I'm trying to find a happy medium.

I've done valve adjustments on my old Integra and CR-X in the past so the concept isn't new to me, but there's a lot more room to work with on a car and I'm at an age where I don't want to spend my one day per week off devoting it to maintenance.

Old November 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #6
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Asylum does excellent work. Highly recommended in this area. They are in La Puente and work on police bikes. Call them for pricing.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote