ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old October 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #1
altomista
Evil Mad Scientist

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2006 EX250F6FL, 1986 ZX600A2, 1975 Honda CB550

Spartan Riders (SJSU Special Meet) - Fleet Week - Sat 10/10/09 (SF Bay Area)

As posted on barf: Spartan Riders (SJSU Special Meet) - Fleet Week - Sat. 10/10/09

Some of you maybe interested in joining us.

-----

NOTE: This is a SPECIAL FLEET WEEK MEET. Our annual Fall Semester trek to SF for Fleet Week has come up again.

Unlike last year, we'll be playing this one by ear, especially the route up to S.F. Whoever shows up Saturday morning will determine the route up we'll be taking. So, if a bunch a newbs show up, we'll take it easy. If you haven't ridden long distances, we'll take a break along the way. Etc... Please post up if you're going and show up on time.

The only warning I'll give is I hope you're comfortable with sharing lanes once we get in S.F. It won't be anything insane, but there will be times that it will be necessary to get around.

Lunch will played by ear as well, with several to choose from in the Glen Park area. We'll break out and meet back up after a while. There's a Thai, Mexican, and Italian restaurants and Boba cafe among other choices. Dinner, however, that honor goes to Bobby. It will be a surprise if you're still around...

Bring cash and coinage!!!
Bring a small snack!!!
Dress warmly too!!!

Join Spartan Riders: We're an officially recognized club at school! Come and find out what it takes to become a Spartan Rider member. :teeth

Spartan Riders T-shirts Available: Ask Marc for them. Various sizes available. Yours for $10.

Spartan Riders Stickers Available: Ask Hideki for them. Two designs to pick from. It's $5 for one or $12 for three.

Everyone is welcome to stop by and hang out. As usual, we'll be making fun of Mike. Stop by for the festivities. :twofinger

If you don't ride out, there's still enough parking for your cage on the street.

PM me if you need my phone number. :blah

Where: SJSU - 4th Street Motorcycle Parking Spots
South 4th Street at East San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA 95112
Linky

When: Saturday, October 10th
Meet up - 9:30 A.M.
Safety talk - 10:00 A.M.
Roll out - 10:10 A.M.
Lunch - Starting sometime from 11:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. (a.k.a when we arrive in S.F.)
Fleet Week viewing - after lunch - 4 P.M.
Dinner - sometime after 4 P.M.

The Route: TBD at the 4th St. MC spots

Lunch Plans: Various in the Glen Park area
Bosworth Street and Diamond Street
San Francisco, CA
Linky

Fleet Week Destination: SF Fleet Week 2009! Oct 8 - 13
Marina Green Dr. and Marina Blvd.
San Francisco, CA
Linky

Dinner Plans: TBD by Bobby

San Jose - Saturday's Weather: 79°/52° - Sunny (as of Wednesday, 11:00 P.M.)
10-Day Forecast: Linky

San Francisco - Saturday's Weather: 72°/48° - Sunny (as of Wednesday, 11:00 P.M.)
10-Day Forecast: Linky

Avatar created by J.J. McCullough and taken from Wikipedia's Mad Scientist entry.
altomista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I saw the Blue Angels practicing all this afternoon, doing flyby's all over the city. Some of them were close enough to the office it felt as if you could reach out and touch them. Can't make this ride, but have a great time!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #3
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I think I know this person...

AL!