Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Cargo Space

Notices

Old July 17th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #1
NaturalFlavored
ninjette.org guru

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Bags or Other Devices..

I ride my bike to work and would like to keep it protected from the sun. I have a bike cover but no way of taking it with me without blowing away.
I have a backpack but it has all my tools and other supplies so there's not much room for a cover.
What do you guys use or recommend? Finding a fuel tank bag? A net on the backseat? Saddlebags? Which ones, name brands? Any advice would be much appreciated, I can't decide if I want to try a fuel tank bag or getting nice size saddlebags.
NaturalFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2017, 10:11 PM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
I personally recommend the Rapid Transit Recon 19 magnetic tank bag, it holds a fair amount of stuff, and come with backpack straps.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2017, 04:17 AM   #3
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I believe that there are stretchy lycra bike covers that ought to pack up a lot smaller than the typical nylon ones.

FWIW (and yeah, I know you've got a different bike) but I carried a full nylon cover under the passenger seat of my newgen.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2017, 06:53 AM   #4
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I found that a tail bag bungees nicely to the back part of a pregen seat, and it comes off very quickly so you can take it in to work. Forgive me for posting this photo yet again, but it's one of the few I have that show the tail bag:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ga_ex250_solo.jpg (157.9 KB, 15 views)
Triple Jim is online now   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2017, 07:16 AM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I like to find the simple solutions first; Is there not a spot that is mostly shaded that you could park your bike? Perhaps, move to another spot during lunch to "chase" the shade.

As far as bags go, saddlebags offer quite a bit of storage as well as a tail/tank bag. I opted for a Cortech magnetic tank bag so it can be easily removed and used on another bike. Some expand to hold nearly as much as saddle bag and have nearly waterproof covers to keep stuff dry.

Honestly & imho, most bike storage problems are addressed by being a bit on the creative side and increasing your packing skills to maximize what room you have available. For example; I can fit 3 xl hoodies in my Cortech Super Mini tank bag. But to be 100% honest too... I had to get my wife to teach me how to fold them.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 18th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Check out the Cargo Space area here for more ideas.

/thread moved to Cargo Space

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2017, 04:46 PM   #7
NaturalFlavored
ninjette.org guru

Thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking of a tail seat bag. I'm wanting to get hard saddlebags down the road and make some custom brackets but I'd like to use the tail bag for now.

Old July 18th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #8
NaturalFlavored
ninjette.org guru

I never thought of a tail seat bag, thanks for the info.

Old July 18th, 2017, 07:12 PM   #9
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I've got a tail pack on mine, a 10L pack from Kriega. Love it. We have 10L and a 30L but the 10 is almost always good enough for me, unless we're on a road trip or something. You put the anchors under the seat, and you can change from one bag size to another as you need it.

Also, the bike cover can squish back into its packing bag and won't take up as much space as it does when loose.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2017, 09:30 AM   #10
MrChomper
ninjette.org member

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

I'll put in my endorsement for Kriega's products. I picked up a US-30 last week based on some threads here.

I have a 2007 ex250 so I can use the nylon loops that the packs come with or the luggage anchors below the seat, both work well.

The bags seem to be pricey, but what you get is a luggage system. For example you can buy a US-30 and anchor that to the seat, then attach 2 US-10's or 2 US-20 bags to the US-30 bag to increase your capacity.

Also the Kriega bags are dry bags (waterproof), and they are secured in a way in which they aren't likely to scratch your paint
MrChomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2017, 03:13 PM   #11
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Husband and I did a camping/Vegas trip on the bikes. On my bike was the Kriega 30L pack, with 2 10L packs clicked onto it, and my CamelBak on top of the whole deal. Worked really well. Everything stayed solid in place, and would keep it dry in case of rain.

The 30's a bit big for my daily use, but the 10 is fantastic. We'll use the 30 for longer trips.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote