ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Kitdog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kit

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 1996 Yahmaha YZ 125... Both in Blue the coolest color

this is a lame question I am sure...

so I was going to armor all my bike up (Seats and Tires) to make it look sharp for going out tonight, in reading the back of the bottle, it says "Not for use on floors vehicle controls (duh) bench or cycle seats, cycle tires... my question is, do they mean bicycles or motorcycles? and what do you use if Armor all is no good.

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:17 PM   #2
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Not sure if it's good or not for the seat. However, if you use it on the tires do not, I repeat do NOT use it at all on the treads of the tires. Armor all on the surface contact areas of your tires will basically make it like being on glass or ice till it's worn off.

Also, most motorcyclists will look at you like you're crazy, stupid, a poser, or a combination of all 3 if you show up with nice bright and shiny tires. Doesn't mean it's true, but that's the image you will give them. Just something to think about it all.

Another thought is since armor all tends to make everything slick, why would you want your seat to be like that? Yes it makes it nice and shiny, but what's the point of making your ass contact point shiny and slippery? Just curious.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Kitdog
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 1996 Yahmaha YZ 125... Both in Blue the coolest color

Oh I just wanted to shine up my side walls (living out in the dessert the dust is incredible), I would never do the seat, I did that once in a car with leather seats and had a really awful grease spot on the arse of my pants, supper red faced from that. lol

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM   #4
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

I would not bring it anywhere near my bike
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:30 PM   #5
kkim

no armorall on the tires... at all. you don't want to take a chance of getting any on the tread portion... especially on those edges. Keep it off the brakes discs as well.

I never armorall the seat or controls. If some gets on there, I usually wipe it off as clean as possible with a dry rag. Everything else (non painted surfaces) usually gets a nice spray of the stuff, though.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Kitdog
ninjette.org guru

cool point taken, I just soap them down then. lol gives me a good idea for a revenge prank for my son though, he and his friends lifted up the couch when I was sleeping on it, dumped me into the pool!!!! not funny at all, I think I will armor all his toilet seat!!!

Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:09 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Armor All + Motorcycle Tires = followed by

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM   #8
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdog View Post
cool point taken, I just soap them down then. lol gives me a good idea for a revenge prank for my son though, he and his friends lifted up the couch when I was sleeping on it, dumped me into the pool!!!! not funny at all, I think I will armor all his toilet seat!!!
Superglue is funnier!

Old June 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM   #9
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Anything that gets Armor All on it will not accept any sort of glue, tape, etc. If you Armorall your fairing, no decal will stick to it. Warm water with Ammonia will get rid of the stuff as will Rubbing Alcohol. We had a guy in our Harbour Armor All his inflatible dinghy. It looked like new. The bad news is that he will not be able to patch it should he get a puncture.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:08 PM   #10
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Ok, Im only going to say this once and I hope you are smart enough to take my advice.

KEEP ALL ARMOR-ALL FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM YOUR BIKE.

Its fine for cars but should NEVER EVER be used on any two wheeled vehicle for ANYTHING.

That garbage CAN GET YOU KILLED. Dont do it....EVER
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:31 PM   #11
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Superglue is funnier!
This is true, tried it last cruise. The guy we targeted got it. He used his leatherman to unbolt the seat and wattled out into the berthing compartment and raised one hell or a rukus!!!

We used to cover toilets with saran wrap, too, then put the seats down.

Back on topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Armor All + Motorcycle Tires = followed by
+1