ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old March 20th, 2020, 10:20 AM   #81
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
that's nuts, the funny thing is people buying those guns probably already have a horde. Says they are buying AR style rifles, not the best for home defense or hunting IMO but whatever.

Similar to the TP sales, not sure how much crapping people plan on doing and even if you did run out some how there are other options to get you through until you can get more.

Annoyed local stores practically out of stock of baby wipes, our stock was getting low when people started panic buying so now we are very low and i can only find a few single packs here and there to keep us from running out where i typically bought the large bulk packs. Again not the end of the world if we run out, just have to rinse the little man's bum in the sink i guess but it's still annoying.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2020, 02:44 PM   #82
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
stopped by the local gun shop today just to check it out. It was crazy inside, i just turned around and walked out.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old March 20th, 2020, 06:05 PM   #83
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I'm reloading my bucket of 30-06 rounds this weekend.

I actually hate hunting and hurting animals. Also not so worried about anarchy or zombies. But growing up my first 10-years in civil war, I'm very leery of governments. I really believe populace should be well-armed and able to protect themselves from totalitarian government that's no longer serving the people.

Taking my 16-yr old niece to range.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; March 21st, 2020 at 10:14 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 20th, 2020, 09:59 PM   #84
sigep209
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2005 EX250R, 2018 Z650

Just thinking of garage projects to do.

Everything is shut down. I'm stuck at home until at least April 13th, and already super bored and stir crazy. Thinking of taking this time to sit in the garage and tinker with the '05. We started turning him into a bit of a street fighter, but wanted to try to redo some of the electronics and such. Maybe move them up under the seat.. I guess I have some time to tinker now.

Old March 21st, 2020, 02:34 AM   #85
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
I'm wishing more people would stay home. The story commonly heard in my state is companies of non essential services telling employees if they don't work they are fired. Businesses not supplying soap or hand sanitizer for employees. Traffic on the roads is slightly lighter than usual, but a lot of people are still out and about like nothing is going on. I am lucky enough to still be able to work, and will be even if the state shuts down since I'm in an essential service. The company I work for is taking every precaution possible in our warehouse, and where we go.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2020, 06:56 AM   #86
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
RE: mortality numbers, Italy now the worst.

Do we actually believe China's numbers? I'm firmly in the camp of thought where China is probably lying to us. They probably lost many many people to this thing, but don't want to look bad on the global stage. They don't seem to care about their people. I'm struggling to see how in a country of that many people living so densely they can not have 100's of thousands of cases and deaths.

I'm only operating off of suspicion on this thought, but I'd love to see some data or math estimating in support of, or contradicting my suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
The story commonly heard in my state is companies of non essential services telling employees if they don't work they are fired.
Wow. That's terrible. But it seems to be on par. I just spent some time talking to some of my Ohio friends last night and they all seem to think this is a giant hoax or media frenzy and nothing else. To them, it's all just an inconvenience that will blow over.

I guess that's what happens when almost half the country agrees.
https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/81650...-a-real-threat

Meanwhile I've accepted the fact that I've turned my guest room into an office and while I officially have one more week of working from home, there's a good chance that it might turn into more than that.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2020, 08:36 AM   #87
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

I'm still going back to office couple times weekly; going in today. My company provides latest generation LTE/WiFi/WiSUN smart-meters to utilities like PG&E, Verizon, water-companies, etc. along with monitoring & reporting software. So we're considered "critical infrastructure services" and exempt from shelter ruling I guess. Although cops in S.F. have been hassling most of our employees anyway.

Some U.S. numbers starting from Nov. 2019.

260 - deaths from SARS-CoV-2
16166 - deaths from traffic accidents, extrapolated from 2019 monthly numbers
22000+ - deaths from 2019-2020 flu-season, not updated by CDC from last month

I'll write up quick summary of morphological similarities between this virus and common influenza-A and influenza-B viruses (which also come from coronavirus family).

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harva...-china-related
https://jvi.asm.org/content/82/4/1899

What kind of sick f*ck mad-scientists takes a bat-virus which doesn't affect humans very much and puts an HIV-wrapper around it so it infects humans much easier!@?$%! Bastards should be strapped down and shot up with their own creations and left to rot!@#$!

Old March 21st, 2020, 06:32 PM   #88
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Question for those in California...... Californians have been told to stay home...... Does the State have some type of economic bail out for for all the bills that still have to be paid? I’m curious because my State may be next to do the same thing. Thanks in advanced and I hope everyone is staying safe.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2020, 06:57 PM   #89
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Question for those in California...... Californians have been told to stay home...... Does the State have some type of economic bail out for for all the bills that still have to be paid? I’m curious because my State may be next to do the same thing. Thanks in advanced and I hope everyone is staying safe.
Not in California, but isn't that what the federal government is hoping to have hashed out before the weekend is done?

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12

Old March 21st, 2020, 08:17 PM   #90
Snake

Quote:
Not in California, but isn't that what the federal government is hoping to have hashed out before the weekend is done?
Yes there is supposed toe some federal help coming. I just hope it’s quick because there are lots of people unable to work through no fault of there own.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 05:40 AM   #91
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

I started working from home also. Which sucks, because it's a very distracting environment with my kid home and now my wife working form home too. My work laptop is smallish maybe I should have dragged my desktop screens home. I'm actually super busy for work, and all this combined is going to make my productivity suffer.

I suppose I should be thankful I still have a job to do. Some of my coworkers live out in the country with no good high speed internet connection and working from home is difficult.

For my wife, who works in a lawyers office, it's going to be like 2009 all over again. She'll be working 60-70 hours a week doing bankruptcies.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 07:44 AM   #92
Snake

I work at a rail car manufacturing plant so if we are ordered to shutdown there is no working from home. I will get paid, I just don’t know how, use up my vacation time, company pays me out of the kindness of there hearts, the feds gives me a stimulus, or some combination of all? They haven’t said.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 10:41 AM   #93
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Begin rant...
I want to keep working. Unemployment max is less than 1/2 my pay and NO medical benefits... I need 3/4 pay to pay bills, which are more if I am home unless I sit in the dark and sh!t in the yard... And drink from the puddles.

The illness rate from this is way less than those who are healthy. I think if you can work you should, if your sick stay home (the way it was always meant to be).

Part time, waitresses, self employed are all going to suffer from not working. Most will not qualify for unemployment (min hours required,weeks worked, pay, etc.). The bailout is held up by the Democratic party... Btw it is 1200 IF you make 75k or less... And goes down depending on annual income. A lot of people again do not qualify.

.../rant

I will now go back in my hole.... Needed to get that off my chest.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 02:37 PM   #94
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
So... I have a silly question regarding the Federal talk about paying people directly as an attempt at economic stimulus.

Are they going to pay me X amount of dollars now and say that I owe the same X amount of dollars later when I file my taxes in early 2021? I.E. am I basically getting an unrequested 0% loan that I'm expected to pay back so that the fed can play the shell game with economic timing? or is it actually going to be X amount of dollars without stipulation so I can spend/save it as I see fit?

Old March 22nd, 2020, 02:59 PM   #95
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
I haven't looked at any of the details but i can only imagine it being either, something that gets factored into your taxes or no questions asked hand out.

I can't remember how the stimulus back in 09 or whenever we got it worked but it was either no questions asked or factor into your tax refund.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 03:25 PM   #96
Snake

The Governor of Louisiana just announced that starting Monday the 23rd at 5 pm he has ordered that everyone is to stay at home until April 11th.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 05:01 PM   #97
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
The numbers and data do not add up with what we are being told.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 06:00 PM   #98
dcj13
Participant

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Prettydaughter#2 is a flight attendant who had to go to work today: a trip to Texas, followed by turns and layovers in California for the next 4 days.

Just got a got a text from her: almost empty flight. Eerie photo of nearly empty cabin.

She is concerned about catching kungflu on her trip and being quarantined for a couple weeks...
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2020, 07:09 PM   #99
Snake

I am glad to see that we are able to share our experiences and opinions about all of this without attacking each other. Together we will make it threw this. Thanks you my Ninjette community.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 07:28 PM   #100
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
You're going to have to be more vague than that.

links help educate.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 08:43 PM   #101
dcj13
Participant

MOTM - Aug '15
The second shoe to drop may be the mortgage and housing industry. How are unemployed people going to be able to make house payments? Or pay rent? Most landlords have mortgages, too.

As an American, I feel uneasy about this.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:40 PM   #102
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I've been on sick leave because I had major surgery in January. Was finally cleared for work Tuesday only to find out I could be off work until July I'm going to loose my mind I before that I think.

Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:48 PM   #103
DannoXYZ

National Guard rolling out. When they're in place, we'll have martial law...

Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:57 PM   #104
BlueRaven

How to survive the pandemic...if weather permits of course
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0628.JPG (75.0 KB, 12 views)

Old March 23rd, 2020, 07:34 AM   #105
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post
How to survive the pandemic...if weather permits of course
Best advice I have seen so far on how to deal with this crisis!
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 23rd, 2020, 07:52 AM   #106
dcj13
Participant

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Pandemic, exponential growth rate, and 2% mortality rate numbers don't add up: They multiply exponentially. Understanding comes when a neighbor, friend, coworker, or family member gets it bad.

Last week, America had 1000 known cases. Tomorrow, it'll be 40,000+. Hang on and wash your darned hands!

Old March 23rd, 2020, 09:29 AM   #107
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
You're going to have to be more vague than that.

links help educate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
Pandemic, exponential growth rate, and 2% mortality rate numbers don't add up: They multiply exponentially. Understanding comes when a neighbor, friend, coworker, or family member gets it bad.

Last week, America had 1000 known cases. Tomorrow, it'll be 40,000+. Hang on and wash your darned hands!
Snot's not talking about maths, but about disparity between factual numbers and hysterical response of populace and governments. Infection-spreads are always exponential. That's how common cold/flu spreads to +60-90 million every year within months.

In addition to grossly negligent and irresponsible reporting by media outlets. Dr. Oz "millions will die" really? Dr. Oz? who've beeen reprimanded numerous times by scientific and medical organizations for his spreading of pseudo-science. Along with over half of his recommendations being outright wrong and going countre to current medical practices. How about interviews from real doctors who are actually treating this virus?

And Elon Musk might be technicaly savvy, but he doesn't know how to read medical reports either. Claiming that kids are immune hah! If he actually read reports from real doctors on ground treating real patients, he'll see that kids are just as likely to contract it as adults. They just have more robust and faster-acting immune systems and get over it easier and faster. Just because fewer kids are dying from it, doesn't mean they're "immune"! It's unethical, but go stab 100 kids vs. 100 +70yr old geezers with rusty nail and see diffference in death rates! You won't have to be rocket-scientist to understand difference!

Why isn't media reporting from actual doctors in field? Or interviews with actual people who've contracted and gotten over it? If you don't know of any, here's 1st-person report (ignore who's presenting this and look at actual tweets). http://www.stationgossip.com/2020/03...-positive.html

Some numbers and real reporting:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6815659/
https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...-flu-each-year
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/past-seasons.html

In addition to U.S. numbers presented ealier, here's some Global Numbers from Oct. to today:
  • 15 436 - SARS-CoV-2 deaths
  • 650 000 - common cold/flu deaths (2018 numbers, most likely worse for 2019 total when it's calculated)
Millions have died from common cold/flu in past two years. Why aren't we having global lockdowns on drunk-driving or smoking? Why not ban candy which contributes to way more problems of obesity & heart-disease and kills way more people?

This covid-19 data doesn't "add up"; it's cover and distraction for some underhanded government initiative.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 10:24 AM   #108
dcj13
Participant

MOTM - Aug '15
Where's Waldo?

Last futzed with by dcj13; April 2nd, 2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 12:14 PM   #109
BlueRaven

This is how bad it's getting here in Atlantic Canada. The Nova Scotian gov has placed restrictions at their border with our province.

Both provinces are under state of emergency. We have no new cases in NB keeping at 17. We can be fined if we do not comply with the no gathering of 5+ ppl.

This is insane. One man started screaming at this lady who was wearing a bandana around her face at the local Costco...really!!! Below is a copy of the article re the NS border.

"All land, air and sea entry points are being closely managed beginning at 6 a.m. Nova Scotians should only leave the province if essential.

Anyone entering the province will be stopped, questioned and told to self-isolate for 14 days.

Exemptions for cross-border traffic include healthy workers in trades and transportation sectors who move goods and people, healthy people going to work and people travelling for essential health services such as chemotherapy treatment.

Under the state of emergency, all provincial parks, beaches and tourist attractions are closed. Provincial trails will remain open for exercise. Gathering limits and social distancing must be followed.

Police can enforce orders under the Health Protection Act with fines of $1,000 for individuals and $7,500 for businesses.

Exempt from gathering limits are grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies."

Social gatherings of more than five are prohibited.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 12:53 PM   #110
dcj13
Participant

MOTM - Aug '15
In Washington, we're one week into our isolation.
Boeing (32 cases, last I checked) announced a 14 day factory shutdown today.

It'll be interesting to see if the infection rate slows by next week.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 02:03 PM   #111
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
It will be interesting to see what it's like in NE Ohio tomorrow. Our shelter in place order starts at midnight tonight. Traffic was quite a bit lighter going back to the shop this afternoon. Not sure how much of a difference there will be though. Most companies are just finding loopholes to make themselves essential services.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 04:55 PM   #112
DannoXYZ

Been under isolation orders for 10 days now.

Unfortunately there's still too many people running around without face-masks. Sure it's not 100% containment, but 95% provides significant protection over nothing and really slows down spread. I brought back about 10 mask from my trip to Asia and bought 20 more from Home Depot & Lowes. Gave them to my neighbors. We'll see how things turn out.

One good sign is all them cold & flu meds are fully stocked on shelves. Compared to December when they picked clean. Lots fewer sick people gagging & coughing to spread germs around.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 05:09 PM   #113
dcj13
Participant

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post

Unfortunately there's still too many people running around without face-masks.
You guys have face masks?

Wow.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 05:12 PM   #114
Snake

I found out today at work that building railroad tank cars is an essential business so thankfully we are still working.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 06:04 PM   #115
dcj13
Participant

MOTM - Aug '15
!

Last futzed with by dcj13; April 2nd, 2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 06:37 PM   #116
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Fact: over 100k have recovered out of 355k diagnosed out of 7.4 billion.

People are recovering, a small percentage is hospitalized, so how are we running out of mask and gloves?

And no just because I continue to work and live my life does not mean my 90 year old neighbor will get it. She is staying in like she always does during flu season. My 70 yr old father will not get it from me, I don't visit when ill.
If I am to assume I do not have it when I have zero symptoms then I can assume I don't pass what I don't have. And I wash my hands...

They are not enforcing our order in my area, 99% of the work around me is essential according to the Government. We are told to go out and walk, bike, enjoy the outdoors but maintain a safe distance.

Kicking kids out of school was a bad idea.. 3 week spring break. Of course the beaches are full... They were told to leave school, can't go home because someone there could have it. UV rays kill it so why not go to the beach... Does it live on sand and water?
Cancelling spring break and keeping kids where they were at would have been better. All the healthy kids in Ohio were put on infected planes to go home to infected cities...

This is only my .02 and meant to give you another point of view. Don't believe everything you hear. Do the research and get the info first hand.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 06:40 PM   #117
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
You guys have face masks?

Wow.
Only the sick are recommended to wear them.

Old March 23rd, 2020, 07:48 PM   #118
dcj13
Participant

MOTM - Aug '15
Right now, Ohio is at 442 cases (up 25.9% since yesterday), with 6 dead (up 100% since yesterday).

Good luck!

Old March 24th, 2020, 01:52 AM   #119
Koala
ninjette.org sage

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
If I am to assume I do not have it when I have zero symptoms then I can assume I don't pass what I don't have. And I wash my hands...
You know what happens when you assume, right?

The common report is that many of us are asymptomatic, and just carriers. That is why they are stressing the whole stay at home for anyone not considered essential, not getting into groups of people, etc.

Doesn't effect me, isolation is easy when you live alone and are an anti social introvert. I still have to go to work, though. Where I work is definitely essential.

Old March 24th, 2020, 04:09 AM   #120
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
You know what happens when you assume, right?

The common report is that many of us are asymptomatic, and just carriers. That is why they are stressing the whole stay at home for anyone not considered essential, not getting into groups of people, etc.

Doesn't effect me, isolation is easy when you live alone and are an anti social introvert. I still have to go to work, though. Where I work is definitely essential.
It does effect me and a lot of my family and friends. I know to many people who are now out of work and unemployment does not pay enough, and pays $0 for self employed.

Asymptomatic? I call bullshit. If that is true then why are they telling people if you do not have symptoms assume you do not have it and you do not need tested.

We are still talking about .0001% of the world. Not 1% or 10%...

Time to look for work...again.