Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old March 15th, 2020, 08:23 AM   #1
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Unhappy Daytona spring 2020

I heard the news that the races at Daytona with CCS, have been cancelled. There was equipment issues and the Corona virus killed the races. Horrible news, I have friends who traveled from NY all the way down to Florida just to have the races cancelled at the last minute.

Not good news for the 2020 race and track season. We were planning and looking forward to hitting NCBIKE the 1st weekend in April.
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
I heard the news that the races at Daytona with CCS, have been cancelled. There was equipment issues and the Corona virus killed the races. Horrible news, I have friends who traveled from NY all the way down to Florida just to have the races cancelled at the last minute.

Not good news for the 2020 race and track season. We were planning and looking forward to hitting NCBIKE the 1st weekend in April.
Friend of mine DROVE all the way from Vancouver Canada to Daytona only to have the races cancelled. He is currently STILL driving home. Lots of travel plans have been ruined by Covid 19. Strange times for sure. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens and if any part of the riding/racing season will be salvaged.
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2020, 11:13 AM   #3
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Friend of mine DROVE all the way from Vancouver Canada to Daytona only to have the races cancelled. He is currently STILL driving home. Lots of travel plans have been ruined by Covid 19. Strange times for sure. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens and if any part of the riding/racing season will be salvaged.
Damn that really sucks. There is a planned 4 day track event at Jennings GP in Florida, next week, that many of my NY friends are planning on attending. I wonder if that will be cancelled as well. 🦠. This is not at all
looking good for the 2020 track season.😰
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2020, 11:20 AM   #4
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
At least the weather was great during canceled bike week.

I got to ride the new electric Harley and was truly impressed! It wasn't a Lightning LS-218 but it was fun.

The flat track races at Barberville in the beginning of the week were great. My friend Alex Quarterley (Dale's son) is getting better every race. If he can get some more power he might start winning.

They will run the 200 during Biketoberfest so October will be fun to attend.